Hi-Metal R

joppewo

On 8/27/2018 at 9:07 PM, Saburo said:

Gerwalk set uploaded. :D

42484201170_25e7d90dd5_h.jpg

I have to say I’m always amazed by the perfect symmetry in the poses of your valks and how the camera is positioned exactly head on for shots like this one. It is much harder than you make it look......

Probably not soon... the toy releases have been coming too fast for me and there's a holiday coming up and an MW convention. Let's see, things to do in no particular order:
A) FEXT Hobby Owl One
B) Bandai DX VF-31S Arad
C) Toynami Robotech action figures
D) Bandai HMR VT-1
E) Arcadia M&M and M&M PF (plus I gotta redo those transformation videos)
IF I could do one a week (which honestly, I can't) that would already put us in October and there's going to be at Bandai DX YF-19 dropping in September and possibly a ThreeZero Melkia Scopedog.... soooo, I've got a bit of a backlog! 

A little self-plug here, I do have a Facebook page now where I regularly ask what I should review next. There's like nobody on it since it's new so it's pretty easy to manipulate the order to your liking. 

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:

I have to say I’m always amazed by the perfect symmetry in the poses of your valks and how the camera is positioned exactly head on for shots like this one. It is much harder than you make it look......

Thank you @rdrunner! There is quite a bit a prep on the figure and camera alignment before I take the shots and also there is some slight angle adjustments during post-processing.

11 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Is that a custom TV Focker pilot I see in there? I had thought about doing one from a spare CF pilot at some point.

Yeah.  I also have a spare TV Hikaru pilot for the VF-1S.

I get one of mine in the mail today.  A bit disappointed in hearing that the fastpacks and armor don't match but hopefully it is great in person like the VE-1.  I really like what some of you guys have done with your VT-1s.  Keep up the good work.

On 8/28/2018 at 12:38 PM, Mechapilot77 said:

man....the super ostrich design is meant to be put in gerwalk mode!  really the best mode for the super o for some reason.  pics looks great saburo.

Agreed. Those photos are pretty cool I must admit.

I just got one in the mail and the color variation isn't really too bad.  I can see it.  I transformed it into gerwalk mode and it looks really cool, using anime style hands.  Will probably check it out in fighter mode later on.  Now hoping they come out with the VF-1D and I'm considering buying another VF-1A super.

3 hours ago, Hikaru1234567890 said:

Anyone know where i can get decals small enough for all HMR's? cause i want to add decals to all of mine especially the VT-1.

The HMR VF-1s are a bit bigger than 1/100 scale, I think they were closer to 1/85th or something?  I know Jenius did the math for his reviews.

I imagine 1/100 decals would work fine, if you can find them, but depending on the sizes of the individual markings, 1/72 military aircraft decals may work as well.

12 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I like where you're going with that. Where did you get the pilot figure?

D64FDB68-C150-4D68-AD9C-DACAC8B0A4B6.thumb.jpeg.0f69ae1681c3d6465bb8cfa4712803c4.jpeg

50430D72-6DBE-47F4-B169-709A16FB4F51.thumb.jpeg.5c44bb4d61295313decef929fca5db4f.jpeg

From the 1/100 Fan Liner and Fan Racer.

12 hours ago, amptor said:

If you're making a custom VF-1D, which valk are you going to swap the tail fins from?

A CF VF-1A.

Edited by sh9000

8 hours ago, Hikaru1234567890 said:

Anyone know where i can get decals small enough for all HMR's? cause i want to add decals to all of mine especially the VT-1.

I've purchased some 1/90 decals on ebay. Those may work. 

1 hour ago, Big s said:

He’ll fit if he just quits the burgers for a while

Lol! 

41 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

After 9 days I finally get a status update on my VT-1.  It was stuck in customs for 9 days.  A small box containing a plastic toy from a friendly country was stuck in customs for 9 days.

Haven't you heard?  Our former allies are now considered our adversaries.....our former adversaries are now our BFFs.... and truth isn't truth....

It's a MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD World! 8)