Hi-Metal R

joppewo

9 minutes ago, jenius said:

Man I saw 'first valk in a long time' and 'vf1A hikaru HMR' and assumed your welcome back was doing to include screwed up leg armors, glad it was a happy ending.

As am I. I only read through the last 10 pages of this thread *after* having ordered it, of course. Very happy to have had no issues and particularly in light of my sourcing.

A very happy 'welcome back', all things considered :)

Now for Gerwalk!

37 minutes ago, Hiriyu said:

I just received my first modern Hi-Metal toy of any kind this afternoon, a Hikaru 1A Super ordered via Mykombini on Ebay. I hadn't purchased any Macross toys for about 7-8 years, and had sold my sizeable collection in mid-2015. I had missed out on the earlier 1/100 Hi-Metal toys as I had been pretty deeply ensconced in the Yamato ecosystem and hadn't really seen the point of them back in the day due to the then-current price/scale factor, but nowadays that situation seems to have been inverted (Will wonders never cease? Smaller-scale toys are now  available for less money than their larger-scale brethren? Wow!)

Of late I've really been feeling the itch for a VF-1 to mess with on desk duty, and the HMR seemed just the ticket.

Pardon the superlatives, but what a great little toy this is! I had watched a few video reviews of the recent releases (thanks as always Jenius!) but still didn't know what sort of experience really awaited me in terms of handling and aesthetics. I am very pleasantly surprised and impressed by the quality of sculpt, detail, and the rather nice sense of heft and tactile feel from this little valk in full-dress Super form. In my opinion it is every bit as nice to play with as a Yammie 1/48, and maybe even a little nicer! The jointwork is all nice and tight, and the "heft factor" versus size recalls the original Hi-Metal 1/55s and even the 1/60 V.1 Yamatos. This little valkyrie looks great on my desk and is so far a joy to handle. Job very well done, Bandai!

I doubt that I will ever become a valk-squadron completionist again, but I think that I can now understand why a lot of people are in relation to this series... How I wish that we had these 15 years ago.

I'm happy to report no issues with my leg armor, although they were assembled backwards as received - thanks to all of the posters in this thread for your observations and anecdotes in alerting me to potential issues - it is much appreciated. 

HMR was my intro to collecting, they're amazing bits of kit. and so affordable comparatively haha...

2 hours ago, amptor said:

I just ordered my 10th VT-1 Super Ostrich yesterday.  Bring em on, Bandai :D

Wow. You were downvoted for getting your 10th ?! :shok: I equalize the downvote with upvote  Hehehe. 

Anyways, congrats on your VT-1 Squadron! :good:

Edited by no3Ljm

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Wow. You were downvoted for getting your 10th ?! :shok: I equalize the downvote with upvote  Hehehe. 

Anyways, congrats on your VT-1 Squadron! :good:

I think I know why that is, lol.  But people LOVE to be negative online I mean, it is free after all.  I prefer to go with the positivity as well.  Negativity makes people live less long. :) haters gonna hate.  Now I'm just wondering when they will come out with the VF-1D :)

32 minutes ago, amptor said:

I get downvoted while I"m supporting your guys' hobby :wacko: 

Ignore it, it's meaningless.

1 hour ago, sumyumgoy said:

^^Wow, looks great!

57 minutes ago, Saburo said:

That's awesome @tekering!

Thanks, guys.  Here's the rest of the shoot:

P7076592.thumb.jpg.20a0f6186dec9f6c6bde5a4320249896.jpg

P7076598.thumb.jpg.cf65ea70a30c8b2e60835e06d0b72556.jpg

P7076594.thumb.jpg.93fc5e14d139725e7c1d6b3e18882cf8.jpg

P7076597.thumb.jpg.0381d4fc2ea2ae050a7b849ee186ceef.jpg

P7076589.thumb.jpg.c7a9337eebc938bfda893b04c24a155b.jpg

P7076595.thumb.jpg.48687a4d41e95525e741ab242845f8e2.jpg

Edited by tekering

Much appreciated, gentlemen.

8 hours ago, Saburo said:

You should paint deck crew member Tekering and have him in the display. :D

I'm afraid my alter ego will have to suffice, for the time being...  :p

avatar.thumb.jpg.d8a5d52d92d173dc4b0628e43c3421b3.jpg

4 hours ago, tekering said:

Much appreciated, gentlemen.

I'm afraid my alter ego will have to suffice, for the time being...  :p

avatar.thumb.jpg.d8a5d52d92d173dc4b0628e43c3421b3.jpg

Watch where you’re going, little people! There’s holes on the ground. :lol:

Btw, I really love your factory setup, Tekering! So gorgeously built. Love the CF-1J too. :wub: :good: 

Looks good to me, amptor.

8 hours ago, seti88 said:

The lighting is so befitting a hangar. Is it difficult to setup?

Nah, I just bought a bunch of USB-powered LED strips...

5b415d4e350cb_USBLEDs.thumb.jpg.306808bd88915258e2761f92b9a62055.jpg

...and then plugged them into a USB power supply.

5b415d867c634_USBLEDslit.thumb.jpg.d2f08a93140f4ae0a0d4f951180d8113.jpg

The overhead grating the lights shine through in the ceiling are repurposed panels from The Ubiquitous diorama sets.

completed.thumb.jpg.379a8bfcd559e14be41f96e1c353ae4a.jpg

3 hours ago, tekering said:

Looks good to me, amptor.

Nah, I just bought a bunch of USB-powered LED strips...

...and then plugged them into a USB power supply.

The overhead grating the lights shine through in the ceiling are repurposed panels from The Ubiquitous diorama sets.

Gosh that's inspirational and easy!
That was a very good re-use of the  sets, i didn't know they existed, it adds such a nice sci-fi look to the hangar..

thanks for the insight, i might look for those diorama sets or similar!

The Battroid is HMR and the Gerwalk is Evolution Toys.  It would be nice to see both in Battroid mode or both in Gerwalk mode.

@Gundam@EFSF the pics are stretched vertically.  I think every time they are posted.

@tekering nice hangar.  Your 1/144 scale city was great too.  Do you have plans to make a city in 1/100 scale?