Hi-Metal R

joppewo

New it was closer to 15000 yen as I recall. He got it shipped cheaper than mine was w/o shipping.

It's a great rendition of the VF-2SS, but since there's a lot of anime magic involved in the transformation it can't be perfect. Worst part is the gap between the heat shield and cockpit in battroid.

3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

It's a great rendition of the VF-2SS, but since there's a lot of anime magic involved in the transformation it can't be perfect. Worst part is the gap between the heat shield and cockpit in battroid.

To be honest, with all the anime magic going on for that specific Valk, Bandai's HMR release somehow got it right compared to EvoToys'. ^_^

4 hours ago, amptor said:

Cool MyKombini is fixing my order.  I am going to be receiving my new VF-1A in a couple weeks.

Great news amptor. Just a little curious, will they be checking the leg armor before they send it out? Or is it from a new run of VF 1A’s?

9 minutes ago, Lupe said:

Great news amptor. Just a little curious, will they be checking the leg armor before they send it out? Or is it from a new run of VF 1A’s?

I have no idea, I'm just taking a gamble on it.

Ah... So my posting did help you @Arthurius:D

I paid ¥14k for my HMR VF-2ss from Manda Sahra. With everything it came close to roughly ¥16.5k (almost the same base price as HMR VF-1J with the GBP as I picked it up very late). 

You still got a good deal on it regardless.

57 minutes ago, borgified said:

Ah... So my posting did help you @Arthurius:D

I paid ¥14k for my HMR VF-2ss from Manda Sahra. With everything it came close to roughly ¥16.5k (almost the same base price as HMR VF-1J with the GBP as I picked it up very late). 

You still got a good deal on it regardless.

Yes thanks.  I honestly wasn't going to buy it, but then saw the discount, and well, I was having doubts but thought it might go well with my other hmr valks.  Was actually considering getting another vf1s messer for the fexthobby armours, but got this instead.  Have to say I like the small sizes so much I could not go back to 1/60th scale now, simply no space, but the 1/100, now we talking.

Edited by Arthurius

Waiting for an eventual release of any enemy mecha since a teaser of Tenjin's artwork of the Nos-ger was hinted awhile back. Honestly, I'm more interested in getting either the Q-Rau or Q-Rare.. -_-   

Just now, borgified said:

Waiting for an eventual release of any enemy mecha since a teaser of Tenjin's artwork of the Nos-ger was hinted awhile back. Honestly, I'm more interested in getting either the Q-Rau or Q-Rare.. -_-   

The consensus was that that was probably art for the VT1 box rather than a toy tease.

8 minutes ago, jenius said:

The consensus was that that was probably art for the VT1 box rather than a toy tease.

Even though it's an artwork of the Nos-Ger, I'm looking forward to have the HMR Super O.

Hmm.. Looking at the current HMR releases, the VF-1D has not been done yet (the dual eye sensors). Possibly in the pipeline after the Tomahawk and the Phalanx?   

I have to pick up the VE-1 from the post office this Monday. I wasn't going to get more HMR  VF-1's but preordered the Super Ostrich and bought the VE-1. I have Hikaru's 1J and the CF.

Wanted to just focus on the enemy mecha and destroids.

2 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I have to pick up the VE-1 from the post office this Monday. I wasn't going to get more HMR  VF-1's but preordered the Super Ostrich and bought the VE-1. I have Hikaru's 1J and the CF.

I think the ve-1 is actually the best, really nice without armour, nice with some armour no dish, fantastic in fighter and gerwalk.  Also, he is like the cheapest, best bang for the buck.

10 minutes ago, Arthurius said:

I think the ve-1 is actually the best, really nice without armour, nice with some armour no dish, fantastic in fighter and gerwalk.  Also, he is like the cheapest, best bang for the buck.

Completely agree with @Arthurius

VE is the best V !!!

3 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

That's what I thought at first but to have enemy mecha and destroids but not get VFs that are in scale to display with would be silly. And that one silly thought has led me to now own every release except the first one. 

On 5/29/2018 at 5:35 AM, Yang Wen-Li said:

Hello, I'm new to the forum, though I've used it as a resource these past few months to get into Hi-Metal R and DX Chogokin collecting.  When I read people were having this issue I freaked out and checked my sealed VF-1A.  Surely enough I have the exact same error.  Mine look just like this, so I guess that means I have two right leg connectors.  I got mine from Amiami.  I've written them a message to see what they can do.  Has anyone here had luck with Amiami fixing this problem?  I know that I saw someone with this issue had ordered theirs from Amiami.  Furthermore, I'd be up for trading with someone that has the connector I need if Amiami can't fix it easily.  PM me if you are interested in a swap. Such a shame because it's a beautiful figure.  I opened my Elint and it is fine.  Worried about future releases now though.

Hi,

I just pm'ed you about a trade. I got two lefts. 

20180601_130708.jpg

Only thing I noticed with my super parts on my 1A's is that in the packaging they had the parts that connect the rear leg part to the boosters were on the wrong parts (left vs right). I put them back how they should be and repacked them up.

4 hours ago, Lupe said:

Glad I was able to help! Your right about MW, it's a great site with cool peeps.

I totally agree. MacrosWorld is a great site with friendly and helpful members. Just don't mention Robotech and Harmony Gold, and you're going to be aces to their books. I guarantee it. :rolleyes:

:ph34r:

Edited by no3Ljm

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

I totally agree. MacrosWorld is a great site with friendly and helpful members. Just don't mention Robotech and Harmony Gold, and you're going to be aces to their books. I guarantee it. :rolleyes:

:ph34r:

Or "reflex" weapons

On ‎2018‎/‎06‎/‎02 at 7:21 PM, Slave IV said:

That's what I thought at first but to have enemy mecha and destroids but not get VFs that are in scale to display with would be silly. And that one silly thought has led me to now own every release except the first one. 

Ended up getting the hero SDFM valks for pretty much the same reason. But the Regults also look good next to TIES, Gurabs, skyfighters etc.

But I'm not really interested in the UNSpacy so while I wait for another Zentraedi release I've been getting some Marvel stuff. (Icebreaker Designs have released an awesome full size 1/6  Ronan the Accuser (comic version) statue.)

Edited by Podtastic

17 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

lol yes this is the land of overtechnology, valkyries, and reaction weaponry!  at least if the subs i have seen were accurate!

More than just Valkyries because that would be boring. Also pods, power armour and armoured giants.

Although we certainly don't get enough of those.

(Seriously I think this Macross vs Robotech schlep is both childish and tedious. If either provides a quality mecha I want I'm not going to be looking at the label.)

It feels like FOREVER since I last got something from High Metal-R as I'm only collecting the TV stuff (Defender was my last order) ...

Will we EVER get the Tomahawk, Phalanx, TV Max, TV Kaki, 1D, and the Queadlun-Rau, Male Armor, Regult Scout, etc...?

Edited by atreyu2112

On 5/31/2018 at 12:50 PM, Arthurius said:

So I ordered on the weekend the VF-2SS used from Amiami.  It came 117 USD shipped (edit), 12,728 yen.  Did i make a mistake?  Was still offely expensive for me even with the discount, hope it will be worth it.  I do really like my 3x VF-1 (S Messer, A Hik, Elint), all much cheaper.

Well it depends,  if its an item A and Box B you are literally getting a new figure 100%  well that for me at least  I'm getting all the time new figures in this category and so is a very a good price since is below of the MSRP tag, if its is an item B and box B  most of the time those come with opened box but the item is I think in perfect condition also sometimes this category even comes with a sealed box so is absolutely not bad either and the price is even lower,  for items C I tried to avoid those.

Hi folks, 

First time posting, but unfortunately it's to ask for help!  I'm in the same boat as a couple of other folks in that I just received a new Hi-Metal R VF-1A Super, but it has 2 left leg connectors.  Anyone stuck with 2 rights who'd like to swap?  Feel free to PM me if so.  Bummer because I love  everything about it otherwise.

Again, sorry this is my intro post!

Edited by ShinerTheBock
Fix typo.

I believe that Amiami's listing of the HMR VF-2ss that I posted for @Arthurius was Item A, Box B (as the listing is expired) and he used his Amiami discount for a slight cheaper price. Every little bit counts since that Macross related items (HMR, Yamato/Arcadia/DX Chogokin valks, and add-ons) are quite expensive.

I got the HMR VE-1 (Item A, Box B) from them, no problems at all as I'm not an MISB type of guy anyways. Item C stuff is good for kit bashing or repairing purposes. Looks like the Grade C VF-171EX Alto (finally) has been picked up by someone for the usage that I mentioned.  

1 hour ago, ShinerTheBock said:

Hi folks, 

First time posting, but unfortunately it's to ask for help!  I'm in the same boat as a couple of other folks in that I just received a new Hi-Metal R VF-1A Super, but it has 2 left leg connectors.  Anyone stuck with 2 rights who'd like to swap?  Feel free to PM me if so.  Bummer because I love  everything about it otherwise.

Again, sorry this is my intro post!

Fellow Texan here.. Our very own @Shizuka the Cat has started a thread for this. So maybe you can find some help there! Good Luck! 

14 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Fellow Texan here.. Our very own @Shizuka the Cat has started a thread for this. So maybe you can find some help there! Good Luck!

Perfect!  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  Not sure how I missed this thread earlier.