Hi-Metal R

joppewo

1 hour ago, amptor said:

My shop told me that Bandai requires the entire valkyrie to be shipped back to Japan for exchange.  So I transformed mine back to robot and packed up everything and got it ready to ship.  My shop pays return shipping.  So all I have to do is get this out and wait.  I wanted to just exchange the little part by itself but they won't.  oh wells... at least they will swap the whole kit.

Huh. I ordered mine from HLJ and they told me they weren't able to get replacement parts and the item was discontinued so I could ship the whole thing back for a full refund or keep it as-is for a partial credit refund. I opted for the second option because worst case it won't be *that* hard to modify the piece to fit.

1 hour ago, amptor said:

My shop told me that Bandai requires the entire valkyrie to be shipped back to Japan for exchange.  So I transformed mine back to robot and packed up everything and got it ready to ship.  My shop pays return shipping.  So all I have to do is get this out and wait.  I wanted to just exchange the little part by itself but they won't.  oh wells... at least they will swap the whole kit.

Huh. I ordered mine from HLJ and they told me they weren't able to get replacement parts and the item was discontinued so I could ship the whole thing back for a full refund or keep it as-is for a partial credit refund. I opted for the second option because worst case it won't be *that* hard to modify the piece to fit.

3 hours ago, amptor said:

Yeah, Bandai are fairly notorious for not offering replacements.

What I would recommend though is asking your dealer to open up and check the replacement to make sure you don't get a repeat.

In the case of the swapped boxes though, the good part of that is that it's a fairly unobtrusive piece, and relatively easy to either modify or make a full replacement for, compared with getting a complete duplicate leg armor pack.  I think it might be a good start to just mount new pegs to mount the leg armor on the opposite side of the box, but the boxes aren't quite symmetrical, and the mounting pegs and holes for the legs might need some work as well.  You might be able to just get a 3D print and paint it to match, though, if modding it doesn't work.

Edited by Chronocidal

3 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I would probably classify the 35th anniversary HMR VF-1S under "Delta", as a Delta-era homage to the classic design. Similarly, if the red and blue HMR VF-1EX valkyries were ever released, I would put them under "Delta" as well.

The VF-1x valks where teased awhile back; however we don't know when they're going to be released. Messer's VF-1S was used to create the newbies that entered the Macross Delta Series to drum up in the interest in the old VF-1 valks, sadly saying that most us that grew up with Macross when it first started, backlashed on Messer's version.

Here's the teaser of the Mirage's and Hayate's VF-1x training valks that was posted on the TFW2005: Macross Thread (and I believe that this was posted on here as well with Hayate's trainer in full pic).

IMG_4422.JPG

3 hours ago, yellowlightman said:

It's still in stock where I ordered from.  I just will have to wait.  I probably should have ordered more of them but oh wells.  Wish I didn't miss out on the strike valkyries.

5 hours ago, yellowlightman said:

1 hour ago, amptor said:

It's still in stock where I ordered from.  I just will have to wait.  I probably should have ordered more of them but oh wells.  Wish I didn't miss out on the strike valkyries.

It is still available at HS and Ami as of this morning...

Edited by treatment

I wasn't even going to open Hikaru until Max and Kakizaki were released but the thought he might have bungled super parts convinced me to pop him open and check it out. I'm happy to say that the super parts on mine are okay. 

12 hours ago, amptor said:

Good for you then:D Maybe Bandai needs to trace the serial # of the wayward stock.

14 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I recall, I think this is where we stand today when comparing TV vs DYRL Macross HMR releases:

SDF Macross:

- VF-1J Hikaru

- Super VF-1J Max

- Super VF-1J Miria

- Armored VF-1J

- Standard Regult

- Glaug

- Regults double pack

DYRL:

- Super VF-1S Focker

- Super VF-1S Hikaru

- Super VF-1A Hikaru

- Elintseeker

- Super Ostrich

Common:

- VF-1A (CF)

- Monster

- Spartan

- Defender

That release ratio clearly does not favour Zentraedi mecha fans.

I broke down and ordered an HMR Defender.  It arrived yesterday.  At first I wasn't impressed at all by it.  It was a pretty similar reaction to what I had when I received my first HMR, the VF-2SS.  But I started playing with it and as I posed it and explored the toy, I warmed to it.  Speaking of the VF-2SS, I decided to see how the Defender compared to it, so I put them next to each other and had them both in the play pattern for a bit.

Then something horrible happened.  I think suddenly HMR clicked for me.

I ordered a Hikaru VF-1A last night.  Macross gods have mercy on me!  In the name of our blessed singer Minmay, please have mercy!

7 minutes ago, GabrielV said:

I broke down and ordered an HMR Defender.  It arrived yesterday.  At first I wasn't impressed at all by it.  It was a pretty similar reaction to what I had when I received my first HMR, the VF-2SS.  But I started playing with it and as I posed it and explored the toy, I warmed to it.  Speaking of the VF-2SS, I decided to see how the Defender compared to it, so I put them next to each other and had them both in the play pattern for a bit.

I ordered a Hikaru VF-1A last night.  Macross gods have mercy on me!  In the name of our blessed singer Minmay, please have mercy!

Currently at Jungle...

image.png.2be11e8aa356a93d029e516cb0922b7d.png

and at Mandarake...

image.png.1573355c91ce2c4c0f0564e50b4c4d5c.pngimage.png.c405b3e18fd864e5df56a2ddf0bd8c22.png

Welcome to the HMR club!

20 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

As much as I like the VF-1s, I think the Destroids and Zentraedi are the best of the line so far.

Second that, the VF are nice to have but the destroids and enemy mech have become my favorites.

Just picked up another spartan and defender during a rakuten sale :)

2 hours ago, GabrielV said:

Haha, the power of HMR. They don't seem great on paper but once in hand, become extremely addicting.

40 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

As much as I like the VF-1s, I think the Destroids and Zentraedi are the best of the line so far.

Yep!

1 hour ago, Zx31 said:

Definitely, the non-transforming figures are all quite solid and very poseable. Can't wait for them to get around to the Tomahawk.

2 hours ago, Zx31 said:

BINGO!  I didn't start collecting the line until the first Regult release. That drew me in. Now I'm like 30 pieces in. 

1 hour ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

BINGO!  I didn't start collecting the line until the first Regult release. That drew me in. Now I'm like 30 pieces in. 

Pretty much the same here. I got a Regult and then it was a mad dash to get the earlier releases that I missed and everything since then.

10 hours ago, jenius said:

Showing prototypes is, sadly, no guarantee of release... Though so far we've done well.

I just hope they don't abandon the line and we end up with dashed hopes like the oysters in Lewis Carroll's The Walrus and the Carpenter.

"It seems a shame,' the Walrus said, 

To play them such a trick,

After we've brought them out so far,

And made them trot so quick!" :(

Having alot of difficulties with the VF-1s messer for changing to fighter mode.  The legs wont peg into the arms or all line up well, and i now have paint scratch / removed on the peg of the leg that connects to the arms.

Are they all like this?  Gerwalk works really great, but pretty disapointted i cant do fighter mode with my valk.  Any tricks?  Forget about tabbing and just sit loose?

On the bright side, this is about the only scale i can actually manage to display valks in gerwalk mode.

Edited by Arthurius

7 minutes ago, Arthurius said:

Having alot of difficulties with the VF-1s messer for changing to fighter mode.  The legs wont peg into the arms or all line up well, and i now have paint scratch / removed on the peg of the leg that connects to the arms.

Are they all like this?  Gerwalk works really great, but pretty disapointted i cant do fighter mode with my valk.  Any tricks?  Forget about tabbing and just sit loose?

On the bright side, this is about the only scale i can actually manage to display valks in gerwalk mode.

Hard to tell without a picture, but make sure the arms are in the right spot.  They need to be fully recessed on their joints, and the "shoulder" needs to be slide upward toward the head.

19 minutes ago, Arthurius said:

I had no problem with my Messer VF-1S in fighter mode. I keep all my HMRs in fighter mode and on a Tamashii display stand.