Hi-Metal R

joppewo

14 hours ago, Arthurius said:

Thanks guys.  I had seen that late last night when i logged on.  First i got super excited, then the price being so much higher.... I said i would be better off with something else.  At 7000 yen, i would have gotten it.  At 9000 yen before shipping.... i will have to wait :(

I believe the days of getting the CF for Y7000 are probably over, unfortunately. Though there are occasionally ones sold on Yahoo Auctions for that much (before shipping and proxy fees), seems that Y8000-9000 is the going rate these days.

28 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I believe the days of getting the CF for Y7000 are probably over, unfortunately. Though there are occasionally ones sold on Yahoo Auctions for that much (before shipping and proxy fees), seems that Y8000-9000 is the going rate these days.

Yes Maybe...

And I had thought to myself when i saw the 9,000 yen price a day or two ago, that maybe i wont be able to succeed in securing the VF-1a CF afterall unfortunately, to my own sadness... 

Maybe my FEXTHOBBY 102F will stay valk-less... :(.   Maybe if i find a valk with white head / arms, it will work, sorta, not great but okayesh....  Maybe if Bandai decides to make a VF-1J CF or VF-1A Kakizaki i can use the armor... or maybe i made a mistake preordering the 102F armor without first securing the valk, i just didnt imagine it would be so though... 

Oh well thanks anyways.

Edited by Arthurius

53 minutes ago, Arthurius said:

Yes Maybe...

And I had thought to myself when i saw the 9,000 yen price a day or two ago, that maybe i wont be able to succeed in securing the VF-1a CF afterall unfortunately, to my own sadness... 

Maybe my FEXTHOBBY 102F will stay valk-less... :(.   Maybe if i find a valk with white head / arms, it will work, sorta, not great but okayesh....  Maybe if Bandai decides to make a VF-1J CF or VF-1A Kakizaki i can use the armor... or maybe i made a mistake preordering the 102F armor without first securing the valk, i just didnt imagine it would be so though... 

Oh well thanks anyways.

Don't give up hope on getting a CF for 7000 yen.  The HMR CF I got bought from Mandarake on 4/5/2018 was for 7000 yen, so it is quite possible another will pop up.

On 4/15/2018 at 11:34 AM, sumyumgoy said:

Looks nice, I like that last one.

Yeah I like the last one with the grey missile pods too.  I think I will keep 2 like that, another with the full Elintseeker parts, and 1 in Battroid mode.

22 hours ago, HoveringCheesecake said:

Love this. The simplicity of the CF scheme has always made it one of my favs. Is your VF-1S Roy from this page a custom?

Thanks.  The VF-1S has added accessories:  a shoulder cover, a gun strap, and interchangeable TV Hikaru and TV Roy pilots.

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

^ Nice! :good: ;)

Thanks!

5 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

This is very satisfying to look at!

B))

2 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Awesome!!!!

:wub::wub::wub:

Thank you!

Edited by sh9000

On 4/17/2018 at 8:10 PM, HoveringCheesecake said:

Is it easy to order stuff from Mandarake as an American? I'm only used to dealing with hlj and the likes.

It’s pretty easy to order stuff from Mandarake.

Edited by sh9000

29 minutes ago, HoveringCheesecake said:

Is it easy to order stuff from Mandarake as an American? I'm only used to dealing with hlj and the likes.

I think Mandarake has an English langauge mode to their website. 

Ordering from them is pretty easy. Just create an account, setup your shipping address, add stuff to your shopping cart, check out, pick your shipping method, and wait for an email from Mandarake a day or 2 later that, in my case, has you authorize the PayPal transaction.

I have now ordered from Mandarake a few times in the past month, and have had no problems whatsoever. 

Note: Mandarake's inventory is divided up between its various store locations. So... for example,  if you want to order 1 item from their Nakano Broadway location, and another item from their Shibuya store, you have to buy these as separate orders that are shipped separately. You cannot consolidate shipping of items between different shop locations.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

43 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Depending on location they also accept credit cards. I'm in one of their no-CC locations (California), but after giving them several kidneys worth they've let me use CC.

How about using your CC thru Paypal? 

If you're ever in Japan, Mandarake is a must visit. Aside from being a toy paradise, there's quite a few things you can pick up that they don't have listed on their website. 

1 hour ago, HoveringCheesecake said:

Great. I thought it was some kind of auction site but I was mistaken. Thanks for the help.

They do have an auction section but I've never tried it. They're a chain of second hand shops that carry so many goodies for peeps that are into anime & manga. Like an anime-themed pawn shop, but with lots of brand new items and way less sketchy. 

If you missed the boat on a particular item, Mandarake is a great place to start looking. 

3 hours ago, HoveringCheesecake said:

They won't accept CC unless it has this 3D Secure Authorization (especially adult items or you just don't want to get involved with PayPal). Ask your bank if it uses that system too. 

It works this way. Choose an item. Once availability is confirmed, choose method of payment. If CC, you will get an SMS from your bank with a code. Enter that code in the payment link and you're all set.

7 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

It never gave me the option, had to pay through my paypal account (and pay the currency conversion thru them) rather than my foreign transaction card.

You can choose the method in the payment option.

18 minutes ago, fenrir72 said:

You can choose the method in the payment option.

Didn't let me, had to link my paypal account and they charged it directly, not like HLJ where I can decide to pay via card through paypal.

Might be different now, or if you don't have a linked paypal account. In either event they're letting me use a CC now, so it's all good.

I must have miscounted how many CF’s I have because I have one in the CF GBP Armor and another converted into a VF-1X.  Total is 16 opened and 1 MISB.

I should bring my VF-1A Cavaliers to work and finish at least one of them.  On to a full Fighter mode flight pic including VF-1S Hikaru and VF-1J Max and Milia next.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

I must have miscounted how many CF’s I have because I have one in the CF GBP Armor and another converted into a VF-1X.  Total is 16 opened and 1 MISB.

I should bring my VF-1A Cavaliers to work and finish at least one of them.  On to a full Fighter mode flight pic including VF-1S Hikaru and VF-1J Max and Milia next.

16 CF's?!  16?!

20 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I take it you've never seen one of @sh9000's collection pics? It's a sight to behold. He probably has close to 100 pieces of HM-R in total across all models.

OMG. I am looking through @sh9000's collection pictures now. Dear lord, how does someone own so many Macross toys. It's... it's beautiful.

So... is he married? Does he need a wife who is more than willing to take half his collection in the divorce?  *hee hee*

3 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

OMG. I am looking through @sh9000's collection pictures now. Dear lord, how does someone own so many Macross toys. It's... it's beautiful.

So... is he married? Does he need a wife who is more than willing to take half his collection in the divorce?  *hee hee*

:D they don't call him the King of HMR for nothing!

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I take it you've never seen one of @sh9000's collection pics? It's a sight to behold. He probably has close to 100 pieces of HM-R in total across all models.

Thanks ScrambledValkyrie.

40 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Thank you.  There are many others on here with great collections as well.  I think I still have the largest HMR collection though.  Happily married with 1 child.  B))

37 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

:D they don't call him the King of HMR for nothing!

Thanks Slave IV.

13 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks ScrambledValkyrie.

Thank you.  There are many others on here with great collections as well.  I think I still have the largest HMR collection though.  Happily married with 1 child.  B))

Thanks Slave IV.

I feel like I am slowly aspiring to have a collection like yours @sh9000. Part of me still can't believe that I ordered 2 sets of HMR Elintseekers, VF-1S Strike Roy, VF-1S Strike Hikaru, and Super Ostriches. I do have some buyer's remorse about spending several hundred dollars on duplicates.

43 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I feel like I am slowly aspiring to have a collection like yours @sh9000. Part of me still can't believe that I ordered 2 sets of HMR Elintseekers, VF-1S Strike Roy, VF-1S Strike Hikaru, and Super Ostriches. I do have some buyer's remorse about spending several hundred dollars on duplicates.

I'd say within about a month, you've become the queen of Macross, not just HMR.