Hi-Metal R

joppewo

24 minutes ago, Lorindor said:

So the standalone version is white? Those pics were unfortunately not very useful, the VF-1J looked just as grey as the Glaug to my eyes.

That's as white as the HMR VF-1 gets.  The lighting matters a bit, but it isn't as white as say, the HMR vf-2ss.

But it is whiter than the glaug.

21 minutes ago, Arthurius said:

Can someone tell me how tall exactly (highest point) these vales are in batroid mode, with and without FP. I am trying to free space on my bookshelf. Thanks in advance 

Hope this helps, they are about 6.5 inches with FP.

IMG_20180408_215657.jpg

Edited by sumyumgoy

32 minutes ago, sumyumgoy said:

Hope this helps, they are about 6.5 inches with FP.

IMG_20180408_215657.jpg

Thank you very much, this confirms to me i have enough space.

By the way, did you panel line the VF-1a CF?  If so, black or grey?  Also, did you use some kind of finishing spray on your figures?  If so, what exactly?  The look extremely good.

15 minutes ago, Arthurius said:

Thank you very much, this confirms to me i have enough space.

By the way, did you panel line the VF-1a CF?  If so, black or grey?  Also, did you use some kind of finishing spray on your figures?  If so, what exactly?  The look extremely good.

Glad it helped, yep, the CF is panel lined.  I used Tamiya Panel Line Accent Color Brown.  They aren't top coated as I kinda like the sheen of the plastic as it is.

13 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I was wondering, has anyone experienced any problems with the HMR VF-1 feet?

The front foot on one of my toys popped off when I was spreading the feet. I was able to put it back on, but it does not feel all that secure to me.

Sorry, haven't had this happen to me.

9 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

The front foot on one of my toys popped off when I was spreading the feet. I was able to put it back on, but it does not feel all that secure to me.

I haven't had any issues with mine

13 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

The only problem I have on my VF-1 feet is the looseness of it. But I haven't experienced it to pop it off. Hope, Jenius can help or have advice on it. ;)

8 minutes ago, jenius said:

That was way more common in the OHM releases... Usually not a big deal though, just a ball joint. If the ball joint is loose you can try the clear nail polish trick but the metal in there may reduce the benefit.

Ball Joints! Yay! Nothing to worry about then. Thanks Jenius! ;)

On 4/8/2018 at 10:33 AM, ScrambledValkyrie said:

That didn't last long. At that price I'm not surprised.

I remember getting several VF-1A CF’s and VF-1J Hikaru’s from Mandarake a while back for 5000 JPY.

22 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

None of my HMR VF-1’s have that foot problem.  One of my HM VF-1S Roy’s did but it was easily fixed with nail polish on the ball joint.

15 minutes ago, Acteon said:

I managed to pick up the HMR Max variant for 6,000Yen at Mandarake in Feb, but best deal I found was 4,000 Yen for the Messer 35th VF1. Already had 2, but couldn't leave it alone for that price.

As for the feet, no problems as yet.

Nice! those are some great deals.  Where did you get the Messer?  I wasn't going to get one but I bit the bullet and got one at Ami for 5280.

1 minute ago, Arthurius said:

It's funny, i NEVER like the VF-1CF, NEVER, but now, all i want, is just one VF-1A CF (or the Kakizaki variant) more than any other valk (after having ordered the messer / vt-1 elint)....

Hope you can get one, CF anything is my favorite hehe.  I'm hoping that they make the VF-1A Max and Kakizaki variant.

2 hours ago, Arthurius said:

It's funny, i NEVER like the VF-1CF, NEVER, but now, all i want, is just one VF-1A CF (or the Kakizaki variant) more than any other valk (after having ordered the messer / vt-1 elint)....

At first I just wanted the HMR hero valks, but the CF just looked so good (and different from others), so I ended up getting one during the original release. And since it's like an army-builder that looks good in multiples, I couldn't stop with just one. Now I have four. :D

21 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Looks like everyone wants to have a VF-1A CF to coincide with the FEXT Armor. Good luck finding one, guys. Coz sh9000 bought the remaining ones. :lol: 

Ordered an opened set and slightly damaged box from Mandarake on the very day i ordered the FEXT armor.

with this description

all items are second hand and sold "AS IS" condition.
:please expect minor stain/damage on both package and contents.
:no responsible will be taken for manufacturer defects.
:image(s) are for reference only.
:shipping overseas might cause damage.
:order at your own risk.

Grand Total: 8,020 yen
------------------------------------------------------------
Items:
[Shop Item No.: fko-toy216-00HWV3OF]バンダイ HI-METAL R/超時空要塞マクロス 愛・おぼえていますか 【VF-1A バルキリー(標準量産機)/Valkyrie[Standard Mass Production Type]】
7,000 yen x 1
---------------
Sub total: 7,000 yen
Shipping Fee: 1,020 yen
---------------

Resistance is futile on this one.

Will see the condition when i receive it...gulp!

That thought did cross my mind! The stain statement was what got me.

02005379808.jpg.fa323e1887123f86994a43a0f8124a18.jpg

From the pic wasn't too sure whether it was an optical illusion ie shadow, or an actual stain on the left arm.

Maybe its the polite japanese way of saying...sucka! :p

Will see...i also bought a few items from mandarake before and it turned out swell...

26 minutes ago, jenius said:

I've bought lots of stuff from Mandarake without issue, they don't sell junk... Unless they tell you it's junk!

I can back this up. Large part of my collection came from mandarake and I’ve never had an issue. Well actually once. I bought a 1j Hikaru hi-metal that had the fighter stand adapter swapped for a claw piece. It was super cheap so I didn’t even contact them about it.

9 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

The 1A CF is a beatiful scheme, it goes very well with the Monster.

IMG-20161212-WA0036.jpeg

7CD23FE6-7D3A-4CD8-8EFD-65440FA91024.thumb.jpeg.8a008260326fc8313aa4ebd3d1d7e6f6.jpeg

Yeah the CF goes well with the Monster.  Still one of my favorite pics.

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Looks like everyone wants to have a VF-1A CF to coincide with the FEXT Armor. Good luck finding one, guys. Coz sh9000 bought the remaining ones. :lol: 

Nah I only have 14 CF’s opened and 1 CF MISB.  I’d buy more but only if I could get them again for cheap.

The Destroids and Regults are also good army builders.

9 hours ago, seti88 said:

Ordered an opened set and slightly damaged box from Mandarake on the very day i ordered the FEXT armor.

with this description

all items are second hand and sold "AS IS" condition.
:please expect minor stain/damage on both package and contents.
:no responsible will be taken for manufacturer defects.
:image(s) are for reference only.
:shipping overseas might cause damage.
:order at your own risk.

------------------------------------------------------------
Items:
[Shop Item No.: fko-toy216-00HWV3OF]バンダイ HI-METAL R/超時空要塞マクロス 愛・おぼえていますか 【VF-1A バルキリー(標準量産機)/Valkyrie[Standard Mass Production Type]】
7,000 yen x 1
---------------
Sub total: 7,000 yen
Shipping Fee: 1,020 yen
---------------

Resistance is futile on this one.

Will see the condition when i receive it...gulp!

No worries. The most damage would be is the box. Heck, even buying fresh figs amiami, I tend to get crunched box corners (I'm looking at you Six-shot):wacko:.

Back to mandarake....100% recommended as I still haven't gotten any lemons yet!