Hi-Metal R

joppewo

PAID.

So in the end, i bought 1x New VE-1 Elint ~ 8249 yen {more expensive than PO amount of i am guessing 7,500 yen}, 1x Used VF-1S Messer (ie A Figure, B box) ~5,280 yen {new early PO around 6 to 7 k yen i guess???}, and 1x Used Figma Mutsu (ie A Figure, B box) ~ 4,600yen {I think new was in the 6k range at early PO), and shipping came to 2,090 yen via Registered Sal (small packet).  Used 35 yen amiami discount, and gained almost ~180 yen points.

I was debating going with the Air Mail Small Packet vs the Registered Sal, as on amiami it says about 1 -2 weeks vs 2 - 6 weeks, but when googling that vs the other, some reported more customs with Air Mail then with Sal, so i went to Sal and keeping my fingers crossed no customs... pls let there me no customs... this is not the mail you are looking for officer, look away... common baby luck.

Now i got no money to get me some more Fans Toys Aerialbots though next year... oh well, the pains of being a WEAK minded shopper who has been away from Macross for 6 years, who couldnt just settle for 1 figures....ah man, what have i done???  TOO Late, already paid... :(

Edited by Arthurius

I got in on that "damaged box" deal for Messer, cost me about $35 USD.  Fairly decent deal, I still don't care for the paint scheme too much but it's a good valk and I like the stand.

Whew!  Once again, I almost missed out on the pre-orders because I was distracted with other things.  Was able to get one from amiami.  I'm hoping this finishes out Valyries.  Really looking forward to more enemy mechs.

59 minutes ago, sharky said:

Whew!  Once again, I almost missed out on the pre-orders because I was distracted with other things.  Was able to get one from amiami.  I'm hoping this finishes out Valyries.  Really looking forward to more enemy mechs.

Which valk did you get?  The 1A or the VT-1, or....?

1 hour ago, amptor said:

I got in on that "damaged box" deal for Messer, cost me about $35 USD.  Fairly decent deal, I still don't care for the paint scheme too much but it's a good valk and I like the stand.

wow, much cheaper than mine at 50 USD before shipping.  Where did you get this nice deal from? 

Anyways, i was thinking that worst case, if i dont like the scheme, maybe i will one day buy a 3rd party armor and gonna need a valk to ride it, lol

1 hour ago, Arthurius said:

wow, much cheaper than mine at 50 USD before shipping.  Where did you get this nice deal from? 

Anyways, i was thinking that worst case, if i dont like the scheme, maybe i will one day buy a 3rd party armor and gonna need a valk to ride it, lol

I was thinking of getting one from amiami at 5740 yen before shipping, but the cheapest shipping option is about 1100 yen. Is that a fair deal or does anyone know of any cheaper options out there please?

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:

I was thinking of getting one from amiami at 5740 yen before shipping, but the cheapest shipping option is about 1100 yen. Is that a fair deal or does anyone know of any cheaper options out there please?

How much more cheaper that you want? That's already 33% off from MSRP. I mean, most members here probably paid 10-15% off initially when it came out. :unknw:

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

How much more cheaper that you want? That's already 33% off from MSRP. I mean, most members here probably paid 10-15% off initially when it came out. :unknw:

Haha I know - I saw earlier that someone got theirs for like 3-4000 yen, but I suppose those are one-off sales. 

I guess I have a few HMR VF-1's already so this one is optional, but to get a 1S HMR at discount for a third party GBP seemed like a good idea.

A few of us here managed to snag the 35th anniversary HMR VF-1S for 2,400 yen from CDJapan, when they were doing their outlet clearance last week. 

I would suggest checking CDJapan periodically, as it looks like they will do outlet clearances from time to time, to get rid of old inventory. They also had an outlet clearance on the DX Chogokin Macross Delta Sv-262Hs Draken III (Keith Aero Windermere Custom) for 12,000 yen last week.

10 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

A few of us here managed to snag the 35th anniversary HMR VF-1S for 2,400 yen from CDJapan, when they were doing their outlet clearance last week. 

I would suggest checking CDJapan periodically, as it looks like they will do outlet clearances from time to time, to get rid of old inventory. They also had an outlet clearance on the DX Chogokin Macross Delta Sv-262Hs Draken III (Keith Aero Windermere Custom) for 12,000 yen last week.

Wow those are really good prices - if you create a post for deal hunting like these ones you found, I'll be sure to follow like on an hourly basis!  (ok maybe not quite hourly, but you know what I mean!)

3 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Wow those are really good prices - if you create a post for deal hunting like these ones you found, I'll be sure to follow like on an hourly basis!  (ok maybe not quite hourly, but you know what I mean!)

@F360 posted the CDJ April sale in the Hot Deals thread.

Question for those who pre-ordered VT-1 from CDJapan, was your order immediately paid for? This is not my first transaction with them, but it is the first time I pre-ordered something. I usually buy books from them that are already in stock so I expect it is paid for. I am asking because I advanced my budget for the upcoming HMR release to top up my debit card for the transaction. ^_^; They said the charge was just pending or pre-auth, but since I can't contact my bank right now to confirm (damn hotline is always busy), I thought of asking you guys. I don't have problems pre-ordering from HLJ since the same card doesn't show any amount to have been debited.

Yeah I was expecting no money to be taken but since it was a debit card it was actually deducted and it reflected in my balance. Anyway I hope the balance is corrected by next week, or I'll be forced to try to contact my bank again. A debit card by another bank I used previously was OK since they correct stuff if you request by email, but this bank is a hassle because they want you to call and not email.

10 hours ago, rdrunner said:

nice! Where did you get that gun strap from or did you make it yourself with a 3D printer??

Thanks.  The hands are from a CF VF-1A and the gun strap is from the Toynami super poseables.

There’s already a VF-1A CF.  As for me, I have my HMR VF-1A TV Max until the official one comes out and a VF-1A Low Vis will still be in the works.

Edited by sh9000

VF-1A TV Max would be very cool, for those that don't have the skills of @sh9000. :) 

It would be nice to see more TV releases in general, with the recent focus on DYRL valks.

I'd think a non-canon scheme like low-vis would be unlikely for a while. Though Bandai did release the unusual Messer scheme. There are really so many more possible future releases (even without getting into other Macross series) that they could keep the HMR train going for a long time to come.

10 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks.  Hoping that teases on boxes still get releases.  I want that VF-1S TV Roy from VF-1S Messer’s box (if that was what was shown) to be released in white.

You know, I never realized that was Roy's 1S on the 35th anniversary box. I don't have the Messer version, so I hadn't gotten a good look at the art. But a TV white VF-1S is definitely near the top of my HMR wish list. I've got the original Hi-Metal standing in currently.

6 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Yup, Hi-Metal VF-1S Roy here as well, because the HMR one costs soooo much.

It looks like Mandarake has an HMR VF-1S Strike Roy for 16,000 yen. 

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1080119650&ref=list

AmiAmi has it for 12,240 yen.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-019040

Not sure if you consider those too expensive.

2 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

It looks like Mandarake has an HMR VF-1S Strike Roy for 16,000 yen. 

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1080119650&ref=list

AmiAmi has it for 12,240 yen.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-019040

Not sure if you consider those too expensive.

Ami-Ami's not so bad, the Hi-Metal strike was 8000yen.

Looks like someone bought that one off of AmiAmi though.

The upcoming Thunder Hummer armors have resparked my interest in the HMR VF-1, but I haven't kept track of the releases. Is there a HMR Hikaru VF-1J that is actually white and not grey and has the correct angle of the red stripes?