Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Stupid Ebay 20% off coupon... I had been thinking about picking up the Focker VF-1S, since it's really the last one I need, but I just couldn't justify the $200+ price. $175 was a different story. I had to pull the trigger. I still haven't opened up my Max and Miria. Not really sure where I'm going to display these yet. Technically I still need the Hikaru 1S, but I'm not really hung up on the DYRL versions. 

6 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Nice!  Did you make that?

Thanks.  I took the straps that come with the Toynami super poseables and attached them to the HMR gunpods.  I’ve got 5 more gunpods with straps.

Edited by sh9000

On 3/8/2018 at 2:19 PM, sh9000 said:

7E227A56-72C1-4202-B27A-A0A1C37EE8DC.thumb.jpeg.5b7c68931c55c8b3f901548008583338.jpeg

Plastic Cretins sent me a pic of the Rabbit that I’ll be receiving.

is Plastic Cretins = EXO ? 

i don't have FB, so appreciate a PM on how to order this rabbit.

anyone know how to contact FEXT other than FB? also interested in the Thunder Hammer

thanks

1 hour ago, Major Focker said:

anyone know how to contact FEXT other than FB? also interested in the Thunder Hammer

thanks

Yeah, it's EXO.  He also has a twitter account going.  You can message him and ask to be put on his emailing list.

https://twitter.com/plasticcretins

1 hour ago, Major Focker said:

thanks

Sent you a PM with his email address.

My VE-1 arrived today, after HLJ SAL shipping, a month or so after it released and sat in my PW for other goodies.  I have to say it's really good to finally have the Elintseeker in my collection. It's the first I've had of any type or size so it's cool to have this really unique design now.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the beige grey they used but given how unusual the scheme is anyway, I guess it's hard to know what it should be anyway. And if those recent screen grabs from DYRL are anything to go by, the entire design is totally different to what any toy has ever tried to reproduce.

On 14/03/2018 at 11:24 PM, sh9000 said:

I wonder if the beige grey of the VE-1 blends with the beige grey of the CF.  If so then hands can be swapped.

So, it's very close.  It's not exactly the same though.  The VE-1 is just a touch darker than the CF 1A.  But if you want to mix and match parts, I think it'd be very hard to tell the difference.

Does make me wonder why Bandaid'd mix up a new batch of plastic for something so close.

Anyway, here's some pics to help illustrate.  Bear in mind that these are taken under fluorescent lights and I've edited the tones a bit to make them easier to see the differences.  For instance, I'm a reasonably pale white guy but my hand looks awesomely tanned in this pic.

IMG_20180316_081947(1).thumb.jpg.466b590e2603ebe97a18af3f7c2edeb8.jpg

The 1A CF part is the landing gear cover and it's fitted, with the VE-1 part right next to it.

Here the VE-1 part is at the top, along with all the other CF parts.

IMG_20180316_084429(1).thumb.jpg.9b2004ec94f137b67bf552a50e617788.jpg

Edited by mickyg
Need pics, not links

1 hour ago, mickyg said:

So, it's very close.  It's not exactly the same though.  The VE-1 is just a touch darker than the CF 1A.  But if you want to mix and match parts, I think it'd be very hard to tell the difference.

Does make me wonder why Bandaid'd mix up a new batch of plastic for something so close.

Anyway, here's some pics to help illustrate.  Bear in mind that these are taken under fluorescent lights and I've edited the tones a bit to make them easier to see the differences.  For instance, I'm a reasonably pale white guy but my hand looks awesomely tanned in this pic.

IMG_20180316_081947(1).thumb.jpg.466b590e2603ebe97a18af3f7c2edeb8.jpg

The 1A CF part is the landing gear cover and it's fitted, with the VE-1 part right next to it.

Here the VE-1 part is at the top, along with all the other CF parts.

IMG_20180316_084429(1).thumb.jpg.9b2004ec94f137b67bf552a50e617788.jpg

Awesome.  Thanks.  Looks like the VE-1 can hold a gunpod now.