Hi-Metal R

joppewo

On 03/12/2017 at 9:31 PM, 505thAirborne said:

For all its flaws the ET does look good in Battroid (main reason I kept mine). That is a great pic by the way! B))

I agree - it's overpriced, floppy and looks awful in the other modes, but it does look great in Battroid - I have the Nexx version alongside my Chogokins. I do wish the materials were better, but it looks good enough.

The HMR version though - dayum! Love it to pieces, just hope Yes Asia gets my second one here soon so that I can work on my display. Will likely pick up the Nexx version of the HMR release too for a little variety.

The Valkyrie mode is, from certain angles, quite lovely. It might not be in the same league as Kawamori's best, but as a design unto itself it works well enough for me, even with the nostalgia goggles removed.

dywS4jb.jpg

jrxLDrm.jpg

KsryeRE.jpg

NipHRSs.jpg

12 hours ago, Lolicon said:

*snip*

Thanks Saburo! I only wish I had a real camera so I could begin to take pictures anywhere near your level. :)

*snip*

You are doing great with the camera you are using, lighting, background and composition are well done. :D

Edited by Saburo

42 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Maybe also the rank number for the account too.

Good thing I have a good rank with them. ;) 

23 minutes ago, Acteon said:

The HMR version though - dayum! Love it to pieces, just hope Yes Asia gets my second one here soon so that I can work on my display. Will likely pick up the Nexx version of the HMR release too for a little variety.

*snip*

Great photos Acteon. :good:

Also, out of curiosity, how's your experience so far for using YesAsia? Thanks!

2 hours ago, Saburo said:

You are doing great with the camera you are using, lighting, background and composition are well done. :D

Thanks! Will keep trying to improve. B))

1 hour ago, Mac said:

Sorry if this was asked already... Where did you get your stickers for your VF-2SS??? LOLICON?

:blink:

I scanned and scaled down various sticker and decal sheets from other valkyries, then printed my own decals.

3 hours ago, valhary said:

2 hours ago, mechaninac said:

^ Real news, but several years out of date.

I didn't realize it was that long ago:

http://news.toyark.com/2010/02/23/vf-hi-metal-yf-21-announced-and-more-tamashii-macross-news-2435

14 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Good thing I have a good rank with them. ;) 

Great photos Acteon. :good:

Also, out of curiosity, how's your experience so far for using YesAsia? Thanks!

Yes Asia are okay, won’t know if they’ve delivered until tomorrow as I’ve been off work with a cold and they’re delivering to the office, but honestly consider them a last resort. Compared to most they’re very expensive and they charge up front. I only used them to secure a VF2 when I kept missing the lightning pre-orders. As Macross II was the first taste I had of Macross, it holds a special place for me.

Thanks all for the photo compliments too, just started taking toy pics this year, it’s a great way to enjoy a collection :)

Fun as the VF2 is, we all know this is the daddy!

f8tAfUx.jpg

Edited by Acteon

Quick question guys. And not sure if this has been asked. I've been playing with my VF-2SS earlier. And I can't figure out how to lock the chest in Battroid mode. Does it even lock? I noticed a small metal that rest in a small groove under the cockpit area but it won't stay properly.

Thanks!

Just now, no3Ljm said:

Quick question guys. And not sure if this has been asked. I've been playing with my VF-2SS earlier. And I can't figure out how to lock the chest in Battroid mode. Does it even lock? I noticed a small metal that rest in a small groove under the cockpit area but it won't stay properly.

Thanks!

That's the "lock" for the chest and no, it's not very secure. But then tabs that don't work very well are a signature of the HMR line. :p

10 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

That's the "lock" for the chest and no, it's not very secure. But then tabs that don't work very well are a signature of the HMR line. :p

I see. Thanks Lolicon! I'll probably just use some tape. Hehehe. ^_^

4 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Yeah.  February 22, 2010.

1 hour ago, Acteon said:

Fun as the VF2 is, we all know this is the daddy!

f8tAfUx.jpg

Cool pic.  It’s nice to know that there is love for the VF-1.

19 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks!

If you use the stand adapter it is much more secure.

14 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I finally opened my HMR VF-1S Messer...really nice all around. tight but not scary joints, paint is a bit sloppy on on part of the left leg. Good piece and will make a nice desk Valk to mess around with more often than my others.

Agreed, I really like the Messer deco. Granted not everyone seems to like it, but I think it brings a modern sensibility to the design.

Makes for nice pics too (though I was still finding my way with these shots!)

Gs6nYb9.jpg

2mBsuti.jpg

15 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I finally opened my HMR VF-1S Messer...really nice all around. tight but not scary joints, paint is a bit sloppy on on part of the left leg. Good piece and will make a nice desk Valk to mess around with more often than my others.

I haven’t opened my spare but it does have an extra blue speck at the head that can be scraped off.  I still plan on painting over parts of the chest black.

41 minutes ago, Acteon said:

Agreed, I really like the Messer deco. Granted not everyone seems to like it, but I think it brings a modern sensibility to the design.

Makes for nice pics too (though I was still finding my way with these shots!)

Gs6nYb9.jpg

2mBsuti.jpg

Nice pics.  It looks kind of cool with Fast Packs.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

I haven’t opened my spare but it does have an extra blue speck at the head that can be scraped off.  I still plan on painting over parts of the chest black.

I think so - here's the full picture for a proper look:

bNSYOYV.jpg

And being usurped by the VF2...

kdwYkBf.jpg

Edited by Acteon

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Yep, nice pics @Acteon!

I didn't even register that it was the Super Pack that was making it look extra badass until it was mentioned. :D

17 hours ago, Acteon said:

I think so - here's the full picture for a proper look:

bNSYOYV.jpg

And being usurped by the VF2...

kdwYkBf.jpg

16 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Yep, nice pics @Acteon!

I didn't even register that it was the Super Pack that was making it look extra badass until it was mentioned. :D

Looks cool.

56 minutes ago, Scyla said:

It is a crying shame that the Messer VF-1 doesn’t come with corresponding Super Parts.

I for one would love the option for vanilla releases and Fast Pack versions. I prefer the VF2 sans-armour in Valk mode, and since I have a second on the way, at least one will leave the majority of the plastic in the box. Currently my Focker VF1 is in Valk mode without armour so I can leave the Fast Pack with one of my two Messer valks, but it's really a case of can't please everyone I guess.

My sense with the Messer version is that it's just an anniversary novelty as much as anything, and an attempt to generate interest in the older series from Delta fans, so they made it as affordable as possible. 

4 hours ago, Acteon said:

I for one would love the option for vanilla releases and Fast Pack versions. I prefer the VF2 sans-armour in Valk mode, and since I have a second on the way, at least one will leave the majority of the plastic in the box. Currently my Focker VF1 is in Valk mode without armour so I can leave the Fast Pack with one of my two Messer valks, but it's really a case of can't please everyone I guess.

My sense with the Messer version is that it's just an anniversary novelty as much as anything, and an attempt to generate interest in the older series from Delta fans, so they made it as affordable as possible. 

Aren't all modes "Valk mode" on Valkyries? ;)

trying to envision what you mean...I'm guessing you mean Fighter mode?