Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I owned the Hi-Metal 19 Blazer, for two days. Very crappy, not a fan, which is a shame because I absolutely LOVE the VF-1s, it's 1/60 stuff now that makes me go to sleep. I too am quite interested in how Bandai handles a non VF-1 valk in the Hi-Metal R line, this will be a good indication for what to expect for non VF-1 moving forward.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

That's what was said before the ET version came out too. That does not excuse a shoddy product.

Actually, we knew about the Hi-Metal even back then.  And the ET looked bad right from the get-go.  This thing could still be a disappointment but it is the better alternative from an aesthetic standpoint.  We can only hope Bandai have learned a few things.  We were guaranteed ET wouldn't know what they were doing from the very beginning.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

Yes it was.  It was an immediate disappointment upon opening.

Aside from the fact that it had no integrated landing gear, and the fact that it couldn't equip the gun pod in fighter mode, what was so bad about it. I mean the transformation was very similar to the Yamato VF-19's and was at least playable. But then maybe we're not comparing it to the same things, I'm saying it was a great attempt. But then I'm comparing to the only other small scale toys I've owned, one was a Bandai VF100's VF-25F, one was Banpresto VF-1 and the other 2 were Toynami VF-1's. 

1 hour ago, Tking22 said:

I owned the Hi-Metal 19 Blazer, for two days. Very crappy, not a fan, which is a shame because I absolutely LOVE the VF-1s, it's 1/60 stuff now that makes me go to sleep. I too am quite interested in how Bandai handles a non VF-1 valk in the Hi-Metal R line, this will be a good indication for what to expect for non VF-1 moving forward.

Since Bandai is really the only high grade toy company making small scale toys, I really long to see some Y/VF-19/A vs Y/VF-21/2 action... I'd love to have that. Especially given Bandai's experience with the DX VF-19 Adv, they could definitely shrink most of the mechanisms. The landing gear thing doesn't bother me so much at small scale so...

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:
1 hour ago, Mommar said:

It's not like there's a better option for a 2SS.

That's what was said before the ET version came out too. That does not excuse a shoddy product.

I think that ET should have gone more of a Yamato VF-1 v1 route to transformation, and focused more on line art accuracy than perfect transformation. Not to say that the v1 Yamatos were perfect, but a bit more die cast, a bit less try hard. I mean, with the success of the Yamato/Arcadia VF-4G out there, one has to wonder... But the HMR VF-2SS could be good. 

I really only do DX Chogokins, because I can't really afford to collect multiple lines. It also feels really strange, because I have the perfect VF-1 toy, why do I want some imperfect ones. Though the VF-1J armored is really the only one I want, Unless I can get TV Max and Kakizaki and get the whole TV Vermillion team. But then I'll want the M&M team, and then destroids, It's just a pit I don't want to fall into...

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

That's how I've felt about every single Hi-Metal VF.

Here's hoping the VF-2SS will break that streak.

The VF-1s haven't really disappointed me. Knew going in it's not a perfect transformation, just a smaller more affordable VF-1.

The stand kinda sucks though when it comes to super-mode.

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Prototype was shown a couple years ago, so it'll probably be the next HMR desdroid. That is if they don't cut the line due to weaker sales.

It showed up in a magazine scan within the last few months, and had been shown at several recent-ish events as well.

3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Prototype was shown a couple years ago, so it'll probably be the next HMR desdroid. That is if they don't cut the line due to weaker sales.

It's a shame that the line isn't doing well. Is it perhaps because they are focusing on older shows, like SDF Macross and FOTS Dougram?

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

It's a shame that the line isn't doing well. Is it perhaps because they are focusing on older shows, like SDF Macross and FOTS Dougram?

Probably because desdroids in general do more poorly than Valkyries (the 2SS and Elintseeker are sold out everywhere). Hopefully the Valks are popular enough to keep the line going.

45 minutes ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

Who said it's not doing well? I don't think we've seen any proof of that yet. If our members here are any indication (and unfortunately, they're probably not) the line is doing extremely well! 

We'vehad releases of all sorts of goodness so far and I don't think there's any proof HM-R is suffering that I've seen. 

In my opinion, if it weren't going well, we'd never have seen the Missile Regult due in December at all. Just my take on things. 

Edited by mickyg

1 hour ago, Duymon said:

I really hope the line does well because then my macross and gundams will all be in-scale :D

I'd just like a set of valkyrie figures inexpensive enough I can own whole squads, and buy multiple to display in different modes, without breaking the bank.

The fact there's in-scale Regults, Glaugs, and Desdroids just makes it better.

21 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Awesome to see all of those together! Reminds of a similar shot I think you did of all your HMR VFs.

Thanks.  Yeah it was this one but it needs to be updated.

80392B74-9400-49C2-9150-43121A525046.thumb.jpeg.f8561093439e135ba1d29991ee269bba.jpeg

I want to take another VF-1 Battroid group pic, VF-1 Fighter pic, and a pic of all of my HMR together.

16 hours ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

That would be awesome! I'm really hoping for the Macross Plus valkyries...

As much as i love to have a HMR M+,  I dont see a reason for bandai to release anything plus related yet.
2020 being the 25th anniversary of plus, i think would be more meaningful...

Still you never know of course....

4 hours ago, Podtastic said:

C,mon Gnerl, Nous, Scout and TV Q'Rau.:clapping:

Gee so many left to release...i wonder if bandai will cram everything SDFM/DYRL next year....

since 2019 would be the 25th anniversary of M7 too...haha....

On 11/18/2017 at 7:11 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

Probably because desdroids in general do more poorly than Valkyries (the 2SS and Elintseeker are sold out everywhere).

Actually, MyKombini still has PO open for the VE-1 if anyone is still looking for it:

https://mykombini.com/en/january-2018/8561-hi-metal-r-ve-1-elintseeker-macross-do-you-remember-love-bandai-4549660192923.html

Just now, Valkyrie Driver said:

So, is it hard to get a VF-1J GBP HMR toy? Is it still in production?

It's no longer in production but not hard to get, as long as you are willing to pay the premium. I usually see it going for over $200 but you might find better deals with some patience.

I’ve been buying the VF-1J Armored Valkyries for around $120 which is not too bad.  I’m getting my 7th one soon.

2B4A0F38-8F0A-4824-ACCB-ECD490C2F062.thumb.jpeg.57d2f3175b789382a161a89c8af1407e.jpeg

Got 2 Gnerls and plan on buying maybe 1 more.  They look lovely.

EC61FC9B-7A84-4AC7-9EFC-C2D8595B0319.thumb.jpeg.8ea3f17a0ce89bf3f2b9260ddf9ea3fa.jpeg

Also took an updated VF-1 Battroid pic of what I have so far.