Hi-Metal R

joppewo

6 hours ago, RDX17 said:

So what's going up for pre-order next: Tomahawk, Super Ostrich, or something else entirely?

It's been too long since I've picked up a new HMR and I feel like I'm missing out on all the fun.

I guess it would be a VT-1...give thema chance to tweak the tomahawk colors perhaps? :D 

20 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I love this line.  The VT-1 will be bought.

Just bought another HM VF-1S and I'm going to try making a custom G1 Jetfire by swapping and painting parts.

Yeah, the HM VF-1S is a good source for extra parts and customs. I've bought a few so far myself.

Jetfire would be cool. You planning on using a spare set of Milia super parts for the red? 

Speaking of, I tried the red parts on Hikaru the other night:

IMG_2461.JPG

4 hours ago, lavinrac said:

Does that Tamashii Nations logo under the VT-1 Mean its going to be a web exclusive?

The text under VT-1 probably means To Be Determined/To Be Announced something like that. This is the logo you need to see if the item is TWE:

TWE_logo.jpg.04d06264ed4d83ee795e6fe1f3e185f8.jpg

3 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

IMG_2461.JPG

Nice! ^_^

9 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I love this line.  The VT-1 will be bought.

Just bought another HM VF-1S and I'm going to try making a custom G1 Jetfire by swapping and painting parts.

Yup I really like this line too.   That vt1 looks so good. 

I don't like mixing macross with transformers.   I collect transformers too but I bought the leader class jet fire because it looked like the anime and has a different transformation from the valkyrie.   I don't like that Hasbro or who owned transformers ripped off the macros valkyrie toy and made it jet fire.   

Though I like looking at your customs☺

Edited by beatsing

11 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Yeah, the HM VF-1S is a good source for extra parts and customs. I've bought a few so far myself.

Jetfire would be cool. You planning on using a spare set of Milia super parts for the red? 

IMG_2461.JPG

Looks good.  Yeah the HM VF-1S and HMR VF-1J Hikaru are good for customs.  I'd be using a spare set of Milia Super Parts.

1 hour ago, beatsing said:

I don't like mixing macross with transformers.   I collect transformers too but I bought the leader class jet fire because it looked like the anime and has a different transformation from the valkyrie.   I don't like that Hasbro or who owned transformers ripped off the macros valkyrie toy and made it jet fire.   

Thanks.  Maybe I'll make a version with that color scheme and without Autobot symbols so that it can still fit in as a variant.

6 hours ago, beatsing said:

Hasbro didn't rip the Takatoku Valkyrie off. They actually bought the rights LEGALLY from Bandai.(When they needed the cash back in 1984) Together with Roadbuster and Whirl of the Dorvack line.

5 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Give it time good sir. If Bandai is making the VF-2SS then a VF-1D is a sure thing! 

Patience is all we got going:lol: But allowing the VF2ss first dibs over the very  first VF in animation history (kind of like Bumble bee and WJ being the very first TF in animation not getting a toy/figure) is kind of like a slap.:(

Edited by fenrir72

2 hours ago, fenrir72 said:

Patience is all we got going:lol: But allowing the VF2ss first dibs over the very  first VF in animation history (kind of like Bumble bee and WJ being the very first TF in animation not getting a toy/figure) is kind of like a slap.:(

Eh, the VF-1D is significant in two parts of Macross, but overall not that important in the grand scheme of things. Meanwhile there's been one other VF-2 figure and it's apparently a god-awful monstrosity that should never have left the unholy factories that produced it. There's clearly SOME demand for the design or they wouldn't have made an entire new transforming mold with all the extra stuff it has. Meanwhile, at worst, the VF-1D got set back one spot in the launch cycle, somehow fans of the VF-1D will survive a bit longer. Plus with there being two equally valid color schemes to go off of there's a good chance that whichever scheme you preferred wouldn't have been the first made anyways.

15 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Knowing Bandai, they will release the VF-1D with just Hikaru, and if you want Minmay you'll have to buy the Tamashii web exclusive fan racer. 

Which we all will. 

Only if it also includes a giant tuna head or it'll be a pass.

I want a VF-1D with a removable arm or separate severed arm.  Also removable Minmay figures for the cockpit and VF-1D hand.

When the official VF-1D gets released my custom VF-1D's will be converted to VF-1D CF's.

13 hours ago, fenrir72 said:

Hasbro didn't rip the Takatoku Valkyrie off. They actually bought the rights LEGALLY from Bandai.(When they needed the cash back in 1984) Together with Roadbuster and Whirl of the Dorvack line.

Really? Learn something new everyday.   I thought they ripped off the valkyrie but drew it as jet fire with his square nose and blocky look to avoid sued by the owner of the valkyrie. 

Don't think they were worried about getting sued by Big West, but it sure made marketing for Robotech toys hell. :lol: 

I went and cancelled the Messer VF-1 I had at HLJ, though I probably should have cancelled the two I got at NY instead.  I was thinking of using them for customization, but I pretty much realized I'm probably just never going to get around to it.

1 hour ago, beatsing said:

Really? Learn something new everyday.   I thought they ripped off the valkyrie but drew it as jet fire with his square nose and blocky look to avoid sued by the owner of the valkyrie. 

Jenius covered Jetfire's history on his 1/55 Takatoku/Bandai all-in-one review page over on anymoon. Also, the Transformers Wiki includes the info too.

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=6244

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Takatoku_Toys

Adding the links for others who might not know. 

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

If any of these get released as TWE I wouldn't mind.  I just want them made.

VF-1D

Regult Scout

Regult DYRL

VF-1EX Hayate and Mirage

VF-4G

My HMR mecha wishlist is:

TV Queadluun Rau

TV Nousjadeul Ger

DYRL Nousjadeul Ger

Regult Scout

Glaug Eldare

Gnerl

Quel Quallie

Liewneuatz shuttle

I also wish Figuarts would do the SDFM Zentraedi officers and troopers instead of "Min Mei" and such.