Hi-Metal R

joppewo

48 minutes ago, amptor said:

I'd just like to say thanks to all whom kept buying all the non-valkyrie stuff so that Bandai would stay interested in making all this stuff.  We made it to the VE-1 which is very cool. :)

Heh, I'm guilty of buying multiples of every Macross release so far. Actually the only one I have skipped in the line is the Xabungle.

14 minutes ago, Loop said:

Heh, I'm guilty of buying multiples of every Macross release so far. Actually the only one I have skipped in the line is the Xabungle.

Oh yeah? I was actually looking at that particular model yesterday but I wasn't sure what it was.  It looks really cool though.

If you're still on the lookout for one and you want to order HLJ just use Figinstock.  HLJ will periodically get more throughout the month(s).  I've never missed out on a PO from them yet, and I almost always miss the first day.

Edited by ZorClone

I know I'm a little late but finally have my Defender unboxed and in my hands.

And I think it is my least favorite.  It is so small.   The Spartan for example is at a larger scale than the VF-1.   The Toy designers could have made the Spartan the correct scale.  Instead of going for accuracy they used a scale that just looked good next to a VF-1.  The Defender scale is more accurate?  It just don't look that impressive being small.  It also feels like the top half might a scale smaller than the legs.  This toy will take some time to grow on me.

31 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

I know I'm a little late but finally have my Defender unboxed and in my hands.

And I think it is my least favorite.  It is so small.   The Spartan for example is at a larger scale than the VF-1.   The Toy designers could have made the Spartan the correct scale.  Instead of going for accuracy they used a scale that just looked good next to a VF-1.  The Defender scale is more accurate?  It just don't look that impressive being small.  It also feels like the top half might a scale smaller than the legs.  This toy will take some time to grow on me.

Yup.  I like the Spartans size and heft and maybe more metal.   The Defender next to it is so small.  I like the defender mecha design and line art more but the Spartan hmr is more fun to play with.  

I don't think the defender lower body is swappable but it has holes on the sides for the Tomahawk heat sinks? 

Edited by beatsing

On 9/2/2017 at 3:05 AM, Convectuoso said:

Just the custom I need. Good work so far.

Thanks.

On 9/2/2017 at 3:51 AM, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Very cool to see, @sh9000

How many Hikaru VF-1J did you buy for stuff like this? They're so plentiful now I've thought of getting another for custom.

Thanks.  I have at least 3 extra VF-1J Hikaru's for a custom VF-1A Alaska Base, VF-1A Angel Birds, and VF-1J Target Battroid.

20 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Got my defenders today from NY.. excellent shipping  packaging! 

Congrats.  Yep NY shipping packaging has been consistently good for me.  Bubble wrap around the items and then extra bubble wrap placed in the shipping box.

8 hours ago, beatsing said:

Yup.  I like the Spartans size and heft and maybe more metal.   The Defender next to it is so small.  I like the defender mecha design and line art more but the Spartan hmr is more fun to play with.  

I don't think the defender lower body is swappable but it has holes on the sides for the Tomahawk heat sinks? 

To me all of the releases are great overall as a whole and still go well together.

The lower body of the Defender should be swappable.  I haven't checked or tried it myself but @tekering used the lower body for his custom Tomahawk.

14 hours ago, amptor said:

I wonder why MyKombini doesn't have a preorder up

Sometimes they're slow to put things up. I had to poke at them to put up the Soul of Chogokin Big O re-release recently. Could try sending them a message to ask. I'd make sure to link the tamashii.jp page or use the full name of it to make things absolutely clear.

16 hours ago, sh9000 said:

the lower body of the Defender should be swappable.  I haven't checked or tried it myself but @tekering used the lower body for his custom Tomahawk.

tekering's custom swap is awesome.

I tried lifting the upper body on my defender, and it doesn't seem to pop off, but didn't force it as I don't want to break it.

55 minutes ago, beatsing said:

I tried lifting the upper body on my defender, and it doesn't seem to pop off, but didn't force it as I don't want to break it.

Don't sweat it, guys.  It's a die-cast joint in a PVC polycap, and it pops right out.  ^_^

pop!.thumb.jpg.a980be9abd513338df0dc544c1a65b28.jpg

21 hours ago, amptor said:

sh9000 I still want to see that in fighter mode.

I had to be careful not to scratch any paint.  I might take another pic with the missile effect parts and some Regults before I transform it back to Battroid mode.

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

What decals are you using for these customs?

No decals.  Just paint around areas.

21 minutes ago, amptor said:

Not a bad price.  I haven't bought from them in a long time.

sh9000 I bought one valkyrie from mykombini before.  they package really well.  but this time around I ordered from others cos I did impulse buy I guess lol.  I ordered 6 total.  I still wish they made it in 1/55 but at least this looks like it has good details.