Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Switched my Sheryl and VE-1 to CDJ as it ended up being 123 yen cheaper shipped than HLJ's pre-shipping price. :lol:

HLJ definitely is not the lowest price, but they'll actually take care of you if you get a damaged item. Pretty much all the other shops have a policy of "tough sh**" if you receive a damaged or defective item. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, anubis20 said:

Well thats stupid... CDJ will not let me order more than 3 figures in one order. I wanted to get Kid Goku, Sheryl, Akuma, and the VE-1 in one go. Had to drop Akuma :( 

That's quite bizarre. 

They're all on the same release-month and shouldn't be over EMS limits together.

5 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Switched my Sheryl and VE-1 to CDJ as it ended up being 123 yen cheaper shipped than HLJ's pre-shipping price. :lol:

HLJ definitely is not the lowest price, but they'll actually take care of you if you get a damaged item. Pretty much all the other shops have a policy of "tough sh**" if you receive a damaged or defective item. :rolleyes:

Exactly. I prefer to go through HLJ all the time. Couldn't with the Regult Missile versions, unfortunately. The higher cost is basically insurance in case something's wrong with the toy. For something expensive like the PF SDF-1? No way I'm risking buying from a seller who won't accept responsibility for major defects/missing parts/etc. 

Placed a preorder for the Elint, though I'm not sure I'll keep it. Easy cancellation's another plus for HLJ. 

Edited by gingaio

4 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Well thats stupid... CDJ will not let me order more than 3 figures in one order. I wanted to get Kid Goku, Sheryl, Akuma, and the VE-1 in one go. Had to drop Akuma :( 

cdjapan has this 3 item only policy, but depending on what shipping you use, you can rearrange your items.

you can place 2 orders, with 2 item on each order by registered sal small packet maybe?  because normally if you preorder 3 items you'll be stuck using the expensive EMS shipping.

4 minutes ago, F360 said:

cdjapan has this 3 item only policy, but depending on what shipping you use, you can rearrange your items.

you can place 2 orders, with 2 item on each order by registered sal small packet maybe?  because normally if you preorder 3 items you'll be stuck using the expensive EMS shipping.

I wanted EMS on these :( I'll just leave these 3 and Akuma will stay over at HLJ. 

11 minutes ago, F360 said:

I never knew they have that policy. 

Is it in their FAQ?

I can't find it in their help-pages.

18 minutes ago, treatment said:

I never knew they have that policy. 

Is it in their FAQ?

I can't find it in their help-pages.

It's been like this for years.  I can't seem to find it in their FAQ either.

Edited by F360

1 minute ago, F360 said:

It's been like this for years.  I can't seem to find it in their FAQ either.

Hmm.  Never happened to me, yet.

Of course, the only times I ordered more than three items from them were cd's and dvd's.

I'm never gonna be as rich as Anubis or DWC to order more than three collectible-figures on the same month...

:bump:

2 minutes ago, gingaio said:

5? Must be a hell of a diorama you're building. :)

1 to open, 1 to keep MISB, and 3 to convert into a custom VF-1D, VF-1D CF, and VF-1D Virgin Road.  Of course when an official VF-1D comes out, those 3 customs will change.

Total for 2 at CDJ vs NY:

CDJ: 15300 + 2110 registered SAL = 17410

NY: 13960 + 2740 registered SAL = 16700

While the VF is cheaper at NY, they markup shipping by 30% so it's almost a wash; especially if you have points at CDJ. 

46 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

While the VF is cheaper at NY, they markup shipping by 30% so it's almost a wash; especially if you have points at CDJ. 

And you will also earn new points (458p) and bonus points (500p) from the cdj order too.  And excellent packaging.  (Individual bubble wrapped, then packaging paper, then new shipping box.) and you preorder will be shipped out on release date.

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

good stuff, and i can't believe CDjapan offers 1000yen shipping for it. 

i went with CDjapan bc i had 1684 points and registered SAL cause i want insurance. the 400yen addition is pennies.  

3 hours ago, treatment said:

Hmm.  Never happened to me, yet.

Of course, the only times I ordered more than three items from them were cd's and dvd's.

I'm never gonna be as rich as Anubis or DWC to order more than three collectible-figures on the same month...

:bump:

just 1 hmr for meB)) need to save for the doubles of the big boys like the sdf premium and that sv-51. 

Edited by davidwhangchoi

got 2 at NY, then added a Sheryl and 3 sets of the Regults w/ missiles.

in my haste, i didn't notice the Regults did not have a pay later option; so ended up pre-paying the whole lot :vava:

i'll probably end up cancelling my 2 VE-1s at amiami, but don't want to risk it until my other POs are shipped out.