Hi-Metal R

joppewo

7 hours ago, F360 said:

does HLJ even ship by BOAT?  when it leaves Japan?    If it's really by BOAT then it can take 2-3 months.   I'm sure it's not by BOAT.

Yes HLJ may ship by boat if you pick the cheaper options. I accidentally chose the one without a tracking number once and it took almost 3 months for it to arrive in my country. And the Philippines is very close to Japan. I was 3 days away from demanding a full refund from HLJ because I had no idea where my order was and if it was even still coming. Fortunately for them I got the notice from my PO 3 days before the 3 months were up. They told me that when you pick SAL, it's basically like a "ship if it can fit", and has the lowest priority. If there's not enough space for my package, it'll have to wait until the next shipment.

I understand getting the cheaper airmail means it might take extra time to fly my Defender from Japan to the USA.

But why did the post office keep my Defender in one location for 2 business days after it cleared customs?

It wasn't being held during the weekend or a holiday.  They picked it up from customs and sat just on it.

13 hours ago, locidm said:

While we are waiting for the VE-1 preorder, more phone pics of defender

Comparison with Yamato defender

v6pBB7Ml.jpg

T64gjWdl.jpg

I recall someone few pages back claiming HMR has the first with movable sensor? Yamato has it too! 

udhcxXgl.jpg

Come to mama

6T2TS1Sl.jpg

Not liking the color Yamato chose.

1 hour ago, Roy Focker said:

I understand getting the cheaper airmail means it might take extra time to fly my Defender from Japan to the USA.

But why did the post office keep my Defender in one location for 2 business days after it cleared customs?

It wasn't being held during the weekend or a holiday.  They picked it up from customs and sat just on it.

Lower priority stuff will usually get bumped if the workload gets busy. They will always focus on the priority deliveries especially if they have to pay out by not meeting guarantees. A lot of POs will also run short if staff members call in sick, thus pulling people from non-essential (to them) duties. I do not know if this is the reason in your case but from my experience working for a courier years ago, this was usually the case.

4 hours ago, Loop said:

There were 2x color choices for the Yamato. The other color is a darker Forrest green color.

I liked the green on the defender and the olive drab on the Tomahawk because they look like ww2 colors and the defender guns look like ww2 anti aircraft turrets.

Well, as much as i sorta kinda want to get the VE-1, wedding budget is freakin killing me right now, :(so I'm gonna have to sit this one out guys. I've got the Yamato V2 so I'm good.  Good luck to all who are going for the pre-order tonight!  I'll survey the carnage of battle tomorrow morning from work!  :lol:

50 minutes ago, lavinrac said:

Which stores still allow multiples? I'm seriously considering getting two of this. 

Amiami and CDJ should and NY and AE will for sure.

10 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Well, as much as i sorta kinda want to get the VE-1, wedding budget is freakin killing me right now, :(so I'm gonna have to sit this one out guys. I've got the Yamato V2 so I'm good.  Good luck to all who are going for the pre-order tonight!  I'll survey the carnage of battle tomorrow morning from work!  :lol:

Just put the HMR VE-1 on the wedding registry.  :p

Since my Lill Draken set shipped and is en route, I decided now would be a good time to see about getting my unpaid preorder for Messer's VF-1S cancelled from N-Y.

Given the stories about occasionally shutting down accounts, I wanted to make sure that my exclusive item was already shipped before poking at it.

I preordered at HLJ, so that I'd be able to combine for shipping with other September purchases. 

Turns out they cancelled no problem in the time it took me to type up this comment.

9 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i'm getting pretty sleepy... not sure if i can stay up for it. hopefully i'll be able to get one in the morning. 

it's been a long week for me too.  but you can try drinking 2 to 3 cups of warm water before you take a nap.  That way your body will tell you to wake up.:lol: