Hi-Metal R

joppewo

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

You should now be a step closer to doing this one....think you still need a VF-1D...coming soon I'm sure

vefr-1-battroid.gif

Yeah that one will be cool.  I just noticed I meant to say it's good that some stores don't limit to just 1.  If I make a VF-1D and Bandai releases an official version then I'll just convert mine into a battle damaged VF-1D with missing arm.  B))

4 hours ago, Mommar said:

Boy, I guessed way high, huh?

The dish seems to rest a bit too high though.

I agree with that assessment, but I'm still getting at least 2. I still prefer my Yamato version but I have to have these for completions sake.

It's about where the price should have been expected. I know some were thinking up $50 more than what it ended up, but that was way too high of a price for what's included in the package. Can't wait to get it and glad bandai was feeling reasonable on the price and decided not to make this a web exclusive.

HLJ is pissing me off.  Bought the HMR Defender and it shipped SAL back in July 15.  Still hasn't arrived and passed their 30day estimated delivery.  Contact them about it and they basically reply, "look at our fine tiny print.  Wait double our 30 business days estimate before contacting us."   Not buying from them again.  

Gonna spend more money at NY instead.  Come on Tomahawk!  Dangard needs some new destroids!

5 minutes ago, Dangard Ace said:

HLJ is pissing me off.  Bought the HMR Defender and it shipped SAL back in July 15.  Still hasn't arrived and passed their 30day estimated delivery.  Contact them about it and they basically reply, "look at our fine tiny print.  Wait double our 30 business days estimate before contacting us."   Not buying from them again.  

Gonna spend more money at NY instead.  Come on Tomahawk!  Dangard needs some new destroids!

But I thought the defender released on the 11th of August? Did you mean the Spartan?

Either way, 30 days is definitely a bit much. I've noticed HLJ is starting to become a bit less competitive lately.  I hope your experience is not indicative of a wider change within the company.

What does the tracking say on the item? I think they may be saying that based on the fact that SAL can take a long time but in most of the cases I have used SAL I have not had any really long extended waits except for when it reached LA a couple of times for me. You could maybe reply and let them know you are thouroughly dissatisfied with the service you are receiving.

Edited by Loop

IMG_5064.thumb.JPG.ff1452f89f9a5dab411c295392116124.JPG

2 of my 9 Defenders came in from NY.  Opened one of them and it is very nice.  Keeping the other one MISB with no double tape.  The 2 came pretty quick.  Not bad for cheap Eco SAL.  The 7 other Defenders coming in will for sure be opened.

4 hours ago, Dangard Ace said:

I feel your pain but when you choose SAL, registered otherwise, expect the delays. parcel sometimes ship fast but sometimes its the ost office and customs that's the issue.

3 hours ago, Dangard Ace said:

Doh!   Yes I meant Spartan.  Tracking says it's still at sea.   36 days at sea is ridiculously long.  Hasn't even reached our shores yet.  

does HLJ even ship by BOAT?  when it leaves Japan?    If it's really by BOAT then it can take 2-3 months.   I'm sure it's not by BOAT.

16 hours ago, sh9000 said:

IMG_5057.JPG.6e1fc89964e3c90b21043af5ff66d466.JPG

IMG_5062.JPG.7ab3ae883224f58e51e09b667d8d3f3e.JPG

Perfect homages.

And yep I knew the price would be reasonable.  Can't wait!

Beautiful I'll definitely buy multiples of this one this time around.  Very nice.  Now I have renewed hope for this series :)

1 hour ago, F360 said:

does HLJ even ship by BOAT?  when it leaves Japan?    If it's really by BOAT then it can take 2-3 months.   I'm sure it's not by BOAT.

Here the tracking number RA001077505JP. HLJ says it's flew out of Narita on the 15th.  Where the f has it been flying to for 36  business days?  Hot air balloon? HLJ telling me to wait until Oct 3 basically is 3months so it may as well be by boat.  

2 minutes ago, Dangard Ace said:

Here the tracking number RA001077505JP. HLJ says it's flew out of Narita on the 15th.  Where the f has it been flying to for 36 days?  Hot air balloon?

nothing that fancy. :D

It's most likely already in your country, sitting in a container/cart with other low priority packages.  And is just waiting for its turn to get process through customs.

So until someone processes your package (scans it) , you will not know where it is from the public website.

I had 1 sal package that took 2 months. most of it's time was just sitting and waiting in a warehouse somewhere.

Hopefully, some update will show up over the weekends.

While we are waiting for the VE-1 preorder, more phone pics of defender

Comparison with Yamato defender

v6pBB7Ml.jpg

T64gjWdl.jpg

I recall someone few pages back claiming HMR has the first with movable sensor? Yamato has it too! 

udhcxXgl.jpg

Come to mama

6T2TS1Sl.jpg

Edited by locidm