Hi-Metal R

joppewo

9 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Is anyone taking the VF-1J Armored Valkyrie price into account for guessing how much the VE-1 will be?  Because that had a lot of parts.

Good point. That was just under 10K, right?

I still wouldn't be surprised if the VE-1 is a little higher, since it's now 2 years later, and prices for many things tend to naturally climb a bit over time.

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Good point. That was just under 10K, right?

I still wouldn't be surprised if the VE-1 is a little higher, since it's now 2 years later, and prices for many things tend to naturally climb a bit over time.

http://sp.tamashii.jp/item/11012/

According to their site it was 10584 JPY.  The Macross releases page on this forum says 9800 JPY.  I remember paying 8140 JPY for them after discount.

IMG_4984.JPG.686997726ec37ca185a5368886193404.JPG

Made an updated HMR pic.  :lol:

Edited by sh9000

14 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

I love how everyone jokes about being broke after buying these toys.  If this true just buy one of each.  Nobody has to buy multiples.

I do, there's a guy with a gun standing right here next to me.  He makes me look at pre-order items...

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Is anyone taking the VF-1J Armored Valkyrie price into account for guessing how much the VE-1 will be?  Because that had a lot of parts for a price that wasn't too high.

I went with the latest releases as comparison, but would be happy indeed if the price hovered around the armored valk mark.

Still i need to budget for the worst to draw my red line ...:lol:

57 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

I love how everyone jokes about being broke after buying these toys.  If this true just buy one of each.  Nobody has to buy multiples.

Buy multiples if you cant decide which mode to display it on. And then add 1 for MISB. :D
Luckily i have so far been able to live with 1 mode, although that sways everytime promo pics come out.:p

57 minutes ago, Strumvogel said:

As mentioned before I fear that this unit is so niche that it'd be another web exclusive, which means extra $ on our ends.

Funnily enough it's more well know even though it has less on screen across the series time than the Cat's Eye.

Translation says its a general storefront ie general release...

27 minutes ago, seti88 said:

I went with the latest releases as comparison, but would be happy indeed if the price hovered around the armored valk mark.

Still i need to budget for the worst to draw my red line ...:lol:

Buy multiples if you cant decide which mode to display it on. And then add 1 for MISB. :D
Luckily i have so far been able to live with 1 mode, although that sways everytime promo pics come out.:p

The latest preorder is the Regult two pack which even as an exclusive is priced only 432 yen more than two individual Regults. 

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Is anyone taking the VF-1J Armored Valkyrie price into account for guessing how much the VE-1 will be?  Because that had a lot of parts for a price that wasn't too high.

The vf1j was the gateway drug pricing for the plastic Crack that hmr is.   Haha

I think the pricing jumped for the missile set and the vf2ss but the others were in line. 

Ugh....missed the VF-2SS pre order ...anyone know where I could pick one up?  Or better yet, do you think there will be a Nexx variant in the works?  I'm just starting to get into this line as it looks pretty cool and a bit more affordable.  Thanks

9 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

The latest preorder is the Regult two pack which even as an exclusive is priced only 432 yen more than two individual Regults. 

Didnt see there wasn't a substantial difference in plastic to warrant a huge jump (just missile pods and extra markings), but i think its more of bandai's way of not giving you the option of retailers discount <_<...

Sigh i had to pass on the regult pods altho i wanted it...just too much spending lately...

3 minutes ago, Dax415 said:

Ugh....missed the VF-2SS pre order ...anyone know where I could pick one up?  Or better yet, do you think there will be a Nexx variant in the works?  I'm just starting to get into this line as it looks pretty cool and a bit more affordable.  Thanks

You might want to try using figinstock in case one of the existing retailers open orders, but there are chances of orders opening up near/on release dates.  
Not sure abt variants but if the initial sales go well, i dont see why not...

8 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Didnt see there wasn't a substantial difference in plastic to warrant a huge jump (just missile pods and extra markings), but i think its more of bandai's way of not giving you the option of retailers discount <_<...

Sigh i had to pass on the regult pods altho i wanted it...just too much spending lately...

You might want to try using figinstock in case one of the existing retailers open orders, but there are chances of orders opening up near/on release dates.  
Not sure abt variants but if the initial sales go well, i dont see why not...

Not much plastic difference between VE-1 and VF-1s with super packs and also mostly came with stands as well. Anyways, it's fun to guess and always hope it's less.

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Based on Tamashii product page, the arm can be pulled for wider articulation.

item_0000011782_Ag9xIrKv_01.jpg

item_0000011782_Ag9xIrKv_07.jpg

Thanks.  Mine is pretty stiff.  

I like the mold/design and color of the defender more than the Spartan, but the Spartan seems more solidly built and fun to play.   

I like the defender waist is not loose like the yamato one. 

3 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

Beside the regular reason of buying one for each mode , for items you think will get sold out quick, you should buy at least 2 , shipped from different stores .

this will cover your base

-should 1 store not able to fullfil your preorder 

-item gets damages in shipment

-item defective

-package gets lost in transit.

because once its sold out  , your store wont beable to replace or resent another one to you should any of the above happens.  And if thats your only order, then you will have to rebuy it in the secondary market for a higher cost because all the stores no longer offer discount and/out sold out of the item.

2 hours ago, Dax415 said:

You should stalk the shops at release day since there might be additional stock available.

I think a Nexx release is a possibility either as a regular or web exclusive release.

If the sales numbers are high enough you probably get one with a green and yellow stripe as an web shop exclusive.

3 hours ago, F360 said:

Beside the regular reason of buying one for each mode , for items you think will get sold out quick, you should buy at least 2 , shipped from different stores .

this will cover your base

-should 1 store not able to fullfil your preorder 

-item gets damages in shipment

-item defective

-package gets lost in transit.

because once its sold out  , your store wont beable to replace or resent another one to you should any of the above happens.  And if thats your only order, then you will have to rebuy it in the secondary market for a higher cost because all the stores no longer offer discount and/out sold out of the item.

Good point.   I had a defective unit on a limited run item and the item was sold out on release.  But it was too expensive to buy multiples nor army build.  For inexpensive items your suggestion is on the money, but preorder madness i only got one order in sometimes. 

9 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

IMG_2282.JPG

Right on.

As for displaying my HMR collection at MW Con (Super Dimension Con), I think I'll try to find a way to go this year if certain guests appear.

Edited by sh9000

4 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

That soon.  I swear the announcement dates and preorder dates are getting shorter and shorter.

I don't think it's short. They just releasing a lot of stuff lately. And not just Macross.

35 minutes ago, treatment said:

Just saw this posted over at TD:

http://toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-257624-1-1.html

211257cp2565luvhyp22n5.jpg

Man, looking at that Tomahawk. :wub:  Should I really need to start another line just to get the Destroids? Hahaha! :lol: 

40 minutes ago, treatment said:

211257cp2565luvhyp22n5.jpg

Development in progress!!

Guess the final paint color has been a heated point of contention among the HMR staff for the last few years with the color blind members managing to hold firm on their shade of lavender-grey! 8)

Or perhaps the hold up is due to this destroid being able to actually walk on it's own and have sound and smoke effects when it shoots!  It will then usher in the HMR 3.0 line with the re-release of all of them with new "super real type" gimmicks! :drinks: