Hi-Metal R

joppewo

From what I can only read from the katakana, it just mentions Millia Farina Jenius and Ace Pilot. It's probably saying that it's sold separately since the Millia HMR came after Max. I could be totally wrong though.

Edit: I used Google Translate and it just says Millia will ship in March and when she does, you can recreate the ace pilot scenes.

Edited by ArchieNov

2 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

From what I can only read from the katakana, it just mentions Millia Farina Jenius and Ace Pilot. It's probably saying that it's sold separately since the Millia HMR came after Max. I could be totally wrong though.

Edit: I used Google Translate and it just says Millia will ship in March and when she does, you can recreate the ace pilot scenes.

What a waste to have worked so much on that illustration, just to display it on such a small size

Just got my Defender and Spartan today. Man, Bandai's putting out great stuff--seems like I have some catching up to do. 

Sorry if this has been covered, but what's the deal with the two sets of shoulder pieces for Defender? The one in my pic has the longer pieces that overhang the back of the shoulder. Are the shorter pieces more 'toon accurate or something? 

100_1108.JPG

100_1107.JPG

12 hours ago, gingaio said:

Just got my Defender and Spartan today. Man, Bandai's putting out great stuff--seems like I have some catching up to do. 

Sorry if this has been covered, but what's the deal with the two sets of shoulder pieces for Defender? The one in my pic has the longer pieces that overhang the back of the shoulder. Are the shorter pieces more 'toon accurate or something? 

100_1108.JPG

100_1107.JPG

Man that's SO cool..Come on Bandai!!! 3 down, 2 to go!!!! 

39 minutes ago, sumyumgoy said:

Phew, your army is going to be impressive.

Thanks.  I can't wait to have all of the Destroids together.

I was asked to bring my HMR collection to display at the upcoming Macross convention.  Unfortunately I probably can't go this year due to the baby and all.  That would be a lovely sight.

16 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Thanks for the heads-up, I went and ordered a set as well.  I'd been meaning to earlier this month, and completely forgot about it. :p

Same here, forgot about it until I read the previous post. Paid now.

Im new to macross toy collection and stumble upon this thread because the hmr doest require painting. I have two question:

1) between the vf roy fokker, Maximilian and milia, which one should i get first? I was thinking roy because it is older and more popular+limited availbilty. Afterward followed by milia and maximillian.

2) can you share list of toys availble that looks good without painting? I'm bad at painting but dont mind building a kit since i occasionally do oob hg gunpla building. I found tomytech gimix line but it's quite rare. I prefer fighter mode so transformable is just a bonus for me.

Did anyone else preorder their Defender from AmiAmi? I haven't received any invoice from them yet even though the item is already in stock. I did combine it with another preorder I have due this month, so could that be the reason? Do they wait for all items in the order to be in stock before they send the invoice?

8 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Did anyone else preorder their Defender from AmiAmi? I haven't received any invoice from them yet even though the item is already in stock. I did combine it with another preorder I have due this month, so could that be the reason? Do they wait for all items in the order to be in stock before they send the invoice?

That's exactly why, yeah.

1 hour ago, Itachizero said:

Im new to macross toy collection and stumble upon this thread because the hmr doest require painting. I have two question:

1) between the vf roy fokker, Maximilian and milia, which one should i get first? I was thinking roy because it is older and more popular+limited availbilty. Afterward followed by milia and maximillian.

2) can you share list of toys availble that looks good without painting? I'm bad at painting but dont mind building a kit since i occasionally do oob hg gunpla building. I found tomytech gimix line but it's quite rare. I prefer fighter mode so transformable is just a bonus for me.

Welcome, sorry for your wallet in advance!  I'd definitely recommend that you take a look at @Saburo 's photos.  It will give you a good idea on those three valkyries.  As for me, I was late to the game as well so I went with Max and Milia first before Roy since they were readily available at reasonable prices.  Roy is a classic though, and if you're just going to stick with one fig, you can't go wrong with him ^_^

53 minutes ago, sumyumgoy said:

Thank you for the suggestion, the person you suggested have some pretty good photos. There was someone in my country selling the roy fokker version at the same price as the milia version. So i reckon might as well get that and hopefully milia will still be availble by next month.

53 minutes ago, sumyumgoy said:

Welcome, sorry for your wallet in advance!  I'd definitely recommend that you take a look at @Saburo 's photos.  It will give you a good idea on those three valkyries.  As for me, I was late to the game as well so I went with Max and Milia first before Roy since they were readily available at reasonable prices.  Roy is a classic though, and if you're just going to stick with one fig, you can't go wrong with him ^_^

11 hours ago, chyll2 said:

OT: If you can attend, Are you in a way, be compensated for bringing your HMR collection?

Not that I'm aware of.  You get free general admission if you help out at the convention.  

From all of the times that I've attended, this would have been my first time displaying my collection there.  Maybe next year.  By then the Tomahawk and Phalanx should come out.

6 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

It already is

Thanks!

Edited by sh9000