Hi-Metal R

joppewo

So, I'm flat baffled.. I got my shipping notice on my pair of Defenders from CDJapan at around 1:30 Monday morning.. they were dropped at my door yesterday afternoon. I didn't even use EMS, I just went registered air mail. :blink:

I was really confused at first, since not only did it arrive in two days, but both Defenders fit into the same size box as a single HMR VF-1, so I thought CDJapan had mixed up their orders.

So, it's not just UPS.. it's seems like it's anything going through that area, and not just from imported goods.

Earlier this summer, I ordered an oversized Starscream MP-03, and it was shipped through that area via FedEx.. Let me copy the shipping timeline here for reference. (apologies for the size, but the formatting is being a pain to edit)

__________________________________________________________________________________

Date/Time
Activity   Location

6/05/2017 - Monday
4:28 pm Delivered

MOJAVE, CA

Package delivered by U.S. Postal Service to addressee

6/03/2017 - Saturday
1:51 pm At U.S. Postal Service facility

MOJAVE, CA

Accepted by U.S. Postal Service

9:24 am Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service

6:49 am In transit

MOJAVE, CA

In transit to U.S. Postal Service

6/03/2017 - Saturday

3:45 am

Departed FedEx location

FEDEX SMARTPOST CHINO, CA

6/01/2017 - Thursday
6:04 pm Arrived at FedEx location

5/31/2017 - Wednesday
11:52 pm Departed FedEx location

BLOOMINGTON, CA

5/30/2017 - Tuesday
3:27 pm Arrived at FedEx location

BLOOMINGTON, CA

2:47 pm In transit

RIALTO, CA

5/29/2017 - Monday
7:52 pm In transit

RIALTO, CA

7:51 am In transit

RIALTO, CA

5/28/2017 - Sunday
11:01 am In transit

RIALTO, CA

5/27/2017 - Saturday
2:36 pm In transit

TUCSON, AZ

4:34 am In transit

SWEETWATER, TX

5/26/2017 - Friday
4:30 pm In transit

NEWTON, MS

5:29 am Departed FedEx location

CHARLOTTE, NC

5/25/2017 - Thursday
7:37 pm Arrived at FedEx location

CHARLOTTE, NC

6:41 pm Picked up

CHARLOTTE, NC

4:26 pm In FedEx possession

CONCORD, NC

Tendered at FedEx location

3:32 pm

Shipment information sent to FedEx

___________________________________________________________________________________________

For visual reference, this is what it spent doing for the period highlighted.

fedexmap2.thumb.jpg.518f3e24ea66c00bd42cefdde735d0b6.jpg

IT SPENT AN ENTIRE WEEK MOVING LESS THAN TWENTY MILES.

Like.. I could not comprehend this at all.  I could have walked faster than that.  And I only live about 2 hours away from any of those locations.  It even took a twelve-hour round-trip from Rialto straight back to Rialto.

But no, the box got shuttled around between three FedEx buildings within 20 miles of each other for an entire week.  I didn't get the package until the following Monday afternoon, because they putzed and piddled with it playing hot potato.

I wasn't in a huge rush to get it, and the seller was offering free shipping so I didn't actually pay for it, but come on. <_<

Edited by Chronocidal

That happens with FedEx ground whenever a package passes theough Denver too.  I just assumed it was happening there because it started around the time pot was legalized but maybe that was just a coincidence.

Edited by Mommar

9 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

My Defender is still stuck defending the shores in Japan. 

lol :lol: hahaha

Mine left the outward office of exchange. For whatever reason my packages from NY take ages. Doubt I'll see it before September. Oh wells, I'm happy to wait. 

6 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

So, it's not just UPS.. it's seems like it's anything going through that area, and not just from imported goods.

Earlier this summer, I ordered an oversized Starscream MP-03, and it was shipped through that area via FedEx.. Let me copy the shipping timeline here for reference. (apologies for the size, but the formatting is being a pain to edit)

__________________________________________________________________________________

Date/Time
Activity   Location

6/05/2017 - Monday
4:28 pm Delivered

MOJAVE, CA

Package delivered by U.S. Postal Service to addressee

6/03/2017 - Saturday
1:51 pm At U.S. Postal Service facility

MOJAVE, CA

Accepted by U.S. Postal Service

9:24 am Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service

6:49 am In transit

MOJAVE, CA

In transit to U.S. Postal Service

6/03/2017 - Saturday

3:45 am

Departed FedEx location

6/01/2017 - Thursday
6:04 pm Arrived at FedEx location

5/31/2017 - Wednesday
11:52 pm Departed FedEx location

BLOOMINGTON, CA

5/30/2017 - Tuesday
3:27 pm Arrived at FedEx location

BLOOMINGTON, CA

2:47 pm In transit

RIALTO, CA

5/29/2017 - Monday
7:52 pm In transit

RIALTO, CA

7:51 am In transit

RIALTO, CA

5/28/2017 - Sunday
11:01 am In transit

RIALTO, CA

5/27/2017 - Saturday
2:36 pm In transit

TUCSON, AZ

4:34 am In transit

SWEETWATER, TX

5/26/2017 - Friday
4:30 pm In transit

NEWTON, MS

5:29 am Departed FedEx location

CHARLOTTE, NC

5/25/2017 - Thursday
7:37 pm Arrived at FedEx location

CHARLOTTE, NC

6:41 pm Picked up

CHARLOTTE, NC

4:26 pm In FedEx possession

CONCORD, NC

Tendered at FedEx location

3:32 pm

Shipment information sent to FedEx

___________________________________________________________________________________________

For visual reference, this is what it spent doing for the period highlighted.

fedexmap2.thumb.jpg.518f3e24ea66c00bd42cefdde735d0b6.jpg

IT SPENT AN ENTIRE WEEK MOVING LESS THAN TWENTY MILES.

Like.. I could not comprehend this at all.  I could have walked faster than that.  And I only live about 2 hours away from any of those locations.  It even took a twelve-hour round-trip from Rialto straight back to Rialto.

But no, the box got shuttled around between three FedEx buildings within 20 miles of each other for an entire week.  I didn't get the package until the following Monday afternoon, because they putzed and piddled with it playing hot potato.

I wasn't in a huge rush to get it, and the seller was offering free shipping so I didn't actually pay for it, but come on. <_<

This is a Fedex Smartpost package, it's the slowest and cheapest fedex service available, Fedex don't even delievery this package, the USPS mailman will be doing the delivery.

Due to the service selected, it's has the lowest priority, and IIRC the way it works is your package will be loaded in a large container or just in a trailer, and they move it from facility to facility to fill up more Fedex smartpost packages.  Sometime it will be sitting at a facially for day or 2 so it can fill up more fedex smartpost packages going to the same state/city area.  There' of course a time limit of how long it can really sit and wait.    it's never really about how far of a drive it might take just for 1 packages.  Even in a 3 miles radius, packages can be over 7 hours apart, depending on their delivery order first to last.   

its kinda like your home garbage bin and recycle bin and room waste baskets.  you fill it up , tie it up and toss it to the garage bin.  have some cans, toss it to the recycle bin.  Garbage day, take it out side for them to pick it up.  you don't take the bin out every night, and you don't walk down to the garbage bin to toss a tissue when you can toss it in a waste basket in your room.

i don't like using Fedex smartpost either, but it's really cheap.  

I figured that's what it amounted to, since I wasn't familiar with the whole smart post tier of service, but I admit, I was tempted to drive down there and just ask them to give it to me directly if they were going to sit on it for so long.  The more shuffling a package goes through, the worse its chances get at arriving intact. 

It's not the only thing that this has happened with though, it's just the worst example.  Going through that region of California tends to add at least 2-3 days and several facility hops into any package's route.  I miss when my HLJ packages came from Oakland. :p 

Got my defender today. Yet another home run from Bandai. Solid joints. Nice heft for the size. Pretty good articulation. I like how the cannons can be pulled out from the shoulders for wider angles. The hip vents get the way some if you try to put it into any super dynamic action poses but it's not like this was ever meant to do that anyway. I didn't realize that it came with two different types of ammo canisters so that was a nice surprise.

My only nit is that the cannon tips have some uneven flashing. Wish they would have sanded that down but its easy enough for me to do.

Can't wait to finally have a completed destroid lineup. Bring on the tomahawk and phalanx!

7 hours ago, gingaio said:

Quick question on the Glaug: do the arms rotate at that domed area at the base of the cannons? They're misaligned on mine, but I'm not sure if that area wants to rotate. Pic attached. And thanks in advance!

100_1106.JPG

I'll back up the other guy and confirm that, yes, there's rotation joint where the domes connect to the weapon pods. I've used it on mine just fine. You'll just want to make sure to grip firmly over the dome/"elbow" area and the pod, then slowly apply pressure if you have any concerns about stressing the hinge joint behind it. On mine it wasn't that hard to mess with.

55 minutes ago, Atheonyirh said:

I'll back up the other guy and confirm that, yes, there's rotation joint where the domes connect to the weapon pods. I've used it on mine just fine. You'll just want to make sure to grip firmly over the dome/"elbow" area and the pod, then slowly apply pressure if you have any concerns about stressing the hinge joint behind it. On mine it wasn't that hard to mess with.

Cool, and thanks for the response. Much appreciated. Yeah, I was able to free the joints. In fact, I was actually the "other guy" responding to my own post. :)

59 minutes ago, technoblue said:

Sheryl looks fun.

I'm not into Messer's custom VF-1, so I'm saving money there. :p

I would have been keen on a real low-viz HM-R VF-1 custom too, or a canon Delta scheme like the VF-1EX trainer.

Yeah I would have been in for a cannon ex trainer. 

Where the hell is regular blue Sheryl!? 

BTW. 

Can someone please take a photo of the Hi-Metal Defender next to a Yamato Defender?

Thanks!
Edited by UN Spacy

4 hours ago, UN Spacy said:

Where the hell is regular blue Sheryl!? 

BTW. 

Can someone please take a photo of the Hi-Metal Defender next to a Yamato Defender?

Thanks!

Tekering had posted one last week:

Won't have HMR-Defender until next month, but I'm not in any rush for it...