Hi-Metal R

joppewo

That's an easy choice for me.  I have all of the Yamato versions that Arcadia is reissuing so all of that spending that would have been for Arcadia goes straight to Bandai HMR.

I'd recommend getting the set first and then getting the SDF-1 afterwards.

Edited by sh9000

I hear both of ya. Whilst its true that enemy mecha r hard to come by, i would thk the hmr's wont exactly be super expensive to pick up later on down the road. I thk its scale limits the price increase ceiling. Could be wrong tho but thats just a gut feeling.

The arcadia on the other hand, might be a significant saving compared to the yamato ver in market. 

Just my annoying rationalisation of better value kicking in, but thanks for your inputs nevetheless. Might just boil down to which i like more or afford.

Got a predorder for the 2ss off hlj and orderer the regult set and the HMR soltic off NY. Toys over the next 5 months are killin me...

And the Arcadia Macross and Max aren't even up yet. Macross toys are definitely back in full bank-breaking swing.

The past four weeks have been nuts for me, I'm honestly not sure what is up for order and what is coming up next anymore.  I know about the 2SS and Double Regult pack being pre-orders. Did the Tomahawk already go up for pre-order too or is that one still just slated to go at some point next?

The Tomahawk hasn't gone up yet.  Looks like I'll be sticking to 6 of each Destroid to open and one extra Spartan for a custom blue version.  I was thinking about an extra Defender for a grey version but I cancelled it.

On ‎2017‎/‎07‎/‎27 at 5:34 PM, jvmacross said:

So the Tomahawk and Phalanx in 2018 right Bandai?  Right?!?!? ;)

Now that 2-packs are an HMR thing........

2-pack VF-1EX Hayate and Mirage?

2-pack TV VF-1A Max and Kakizaki?

A single DYRL Hikaru VF-1A release...or....3-pack Hikaru, Max, and Kakizaki VF-1A set?

Or how about a 2-pack VF-1A DYRL Hikaru and Max and a 2-pack DYRL Kakizaki VF-1A and VF-1S Max? (forcing you to buy the set!!!)

Then DYRL launch stands with SSP's so you are forced to buy multiples to arm-up your naked DYRL VF-1A's!!!

Or how about a 3-pack TV Quaedluun-Rau, TV Nousjadeul-Ger and DYRL Nousjadeul-Ger?

Get all the Power armours at a stroke.:mellow:

1 hour ago, barurutor said:

Tip of the day: a little blu-tack keeps the tiny regult guns from falling out when they take a spill. also good for securing loose backpack flaps on VF-1's

I use adhesive putty all the time when I need something to stick on my toys, fix a position, add friction, or the like. Usually, not much material is needed so it's easy to hide from view. Also, it's easy to remove and doesn't leave any marks. Great stuff! :D

I'll get a few more Defenders to repaint if they ever go on sale anywhere later on.  Still hoping to someday get a 4th, 5th, and 6th Monster for cheap not in a normal sale but like in a clearance sale or something.

2 hours ago, easnoddy said:

Blue tack can stain walls over time, so be careful...

I only use white or grey adhesive putty. I have had some applied for years on my toys and have never had any issues. But yeah, I would avoid non-dicrete colors like blue. 

My 7 Defenders and 4 additional Spartans should be coming in from NY about a month after other people get their Defenders.  I chose slower and cheaper combined shipping along with some other items.  It's all good though.  B))

Just an up-to-date summary of the Hi-Metal R SDF & DYRL Macross items thus far:

September: VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

November: VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Hikaru)

February: Regult

April: VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Fokker)

May: Glaug

July: Monster

September: VF-1A Valkyrie (Brownie)

October: VF-1J Valkyrie (Hikaru)

November: VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Max)

March: VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Millia)

April: Super Valkyrie Missile Effect Set

May: MBR-07 MKII Destroid Spartan

August: ADR-04 MKX Detroid Defender

December: Regult Missile Type Set

Here's hoping 2018 has some good things in store for us all.

Edited by RDX17

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I chose slower and cheaper combined shipping along with some other items.  It's all good though.  B))

I typically use slower and cheaper shipping as well. I'd rather save the money than get it quickly.

I'm just wishing there had been a Tomahawk this year to keep the incoming Defender company...

13 minutes ago, RDX17 said:

Just an up-to-date summary of the Hi-Metal R SDF Macross items thus far:

September: VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

November: VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Hikaru)

February: Regult

April: VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Fokker)

May: Glaug

July: Monster

September: VF-1A Valkyrie (Brownie)

October: VF-1J Valkyrie (Hikaru)

November: VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Max)

March: VF-1J Super Valkyrie (Millia)

April: Super Valkyrie Missle Effect Set

May: MBR-07 MKII Destroid Spartan

August: ADR-04 MKX Detroid Defender

December: Regult Missle Type Set

Here's hoping 2018 has some good things in store for us all.

Might as well make it a summary of HMR Macross items and include the VF-1S Messer and VF-2SS since the list already has DYRL items.

3 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I typically use slower and cheaper shipping as well. I'd rather save the money than get it quickly.

Yep.  Best way to get a good deal.

1 minute ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I'm just wishing there had been a Tomahawk this year to keep the incoming Defender company...

Same here. Excluding the Missile Effects Set and the upcoming Regult Missile 2-Pack, there will only be 3 Hi-Metal R SDF Macross releases this year: Millia, Spartan, and the Defender. Quite a drop compared to those in 2016.

4 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Might as well make it a summary of HMR Macross items and include the VF-1S Messer and VF-2SS since the list already has DYRL items.

I thought about including those, but I'm only it for the SDF and DYRL releases. I'll update my header. Thanks!!!

2 hours ago, RDX17 said:

Just an up-to-date summary of the Hi-Metal R SDF & DYRL Macross items thus far:

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

You can also use the MACROSS TOY RELEASES for reference. It's seperated by company, size, regular or exclusive, with price and release date for each item.

7 hours ago, barurutor said:

Prices on the 2015 releases are insane now.  JPY20k for an armored 1J, JPY18k for Hikaru 1S.  Good thing I PO'd my 1J and found a cheap Hikaru 1S from a local collector.

True. I haven't been able to find a VF-1S Hikaru for a reasonable price.