Hi-Metal R

joppewo

The spartan is a great figure. Heavy duty and looks cool as heck!

Seven weeks until the defender is released.

I was so pumped about the defender but after picking up 1/60 yamato's of both the tomahawk and the defender I feel like the tomahawk is the better figure. More detail and more fun to pose. 

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

No pre order discount? This and the removal of one time PayPal billing looks like it's over for me using HLJ anymore.

They did not offer much discount on this item , it has been 14000 since preorder night.  Iirc the msrp is around 15100 yen

did they switch you over to the new payment service,

28 minutes ago, F360 said:

They did not offer much discount on this item , it has been 14000 since preorder night.  Iirc the msrp is around 15100 yen

did they switch you over to the new payment service,

Yeah which sucks. I know many will think this isn't a big deal but i need to be able to control when i send a payment. I use paypal for everything. Even keeping tab of all my preorders there is always something unanticipated that will put my account in nsf. Even something silly as the order the payments come out mess me up.

6 hours ago, Double Spy said:

What new payment, I didnt see anything different unless I missed it today when ordering one.

Answers below from Page 367:

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 0:50 AM, F360 said:

from doomgaze_86 at  tfw2005 board. 

it'll look like this.  the only issue is not knowing the conversion rate that you'll be paying at.

Screenshot_20170703-152956.thumb.png.01373511b460406694d3515f4ee55834.png

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 0:50 AM, Slave IV said:

Someone posted a screen shot that showed a credit card payment using a service called GoInterPlay. Probably just for certain countries.

Edit: ^^^yep, that's the one.

As for conversion rate, hopefully it's just whatever your card charges but I'm glad I don't have to deal with it. I wish I could just pay directly with a credit card on HLJ like they used to have a couple years ago. Paypal is annoying, especially with their "phantom" switching to their own conversion rates.

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 0:51 AM, chyll2 said:

Not really sure on to explain it. And I am not sure how people are affected.

Before, I would pre-order stuff and select payment method. For Paypal, you would have to two option, one is Paypal Billing Agreement (auto-charge what ever is due for payment) or Normal Paypal payment (I already forgot that method), but this method usually sends you an email where you will pay the Paypal Charges.

Right now, After checking out, everything will be re-confirmed like billing address and the payment scheme. Payment method now only allow me to choose between Credit card and Paypal Billing Agreement. For known reasons, I would never allow Paypal Billing agreement cause paypal usually have BUGS/GLITCHES that allow them to use their forex services instead of the Card. So my choice for this would be Credit Card, which just so happen, I do not have recorded Credit Card with HLJ

edit: It also threw me in confusion when it showed me a converted local currency pricing. Anyway, everything can be adjusted even after you finalized your order.

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 0:52 AM, technoblue said:

https://support.hlj.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000288473-Paying-with-GoInterpay

Hm. The FAQ doesn't specify certain countries...They might be rolling it out slowly.

Well i just shipped my spartan that was in PW with HLJ.

Funny thing was, i got notification the next day after i placed my order that my shipment was paid, and i didnt go thru any further payment process steps!

I did pay for a gundam kit last week using the new credit card option. I thk once you use the credit card option, HLJ automatically bills the card the next time, and you dont need to go thru a payment process again.

Convenient but spooky in some sense too(prob to HLJ's credit as the customer has no chance to change their mind at the very last step).

Will see the credit card bill at the end of the month and everything hopefully shld tally...

54 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Well i just shipped my spartan that was in PW with HLJ.

Funny thing was, i got notification the next day after i placed my order that my shipment was paid, and i didnt go thru any further payment process steps!

I did pay for a gundam kit last week using the new credit card option. I thk once you use the credit card option, HLJ automatically bills the card the next time, and you dont need to go thru a payment process again.

Convenient but spooky in some sense too(prob to HLJ's credit as the customer has no chance to change their mind at the very last step).

Will see the credit card bill at the end of the month and everything hopefully shld tally...

This exactly why i hate this. I need to make sure money is in the correct account before i pay.

I'll have to rethink going forward if I'll continue on with HLJ as well if/when this is removed.
I have about 40+ pre-orders pending, based on what I understand all prior placed orders will still be managed in the process agreed upon initial request so that shouldn't be a problem. Whenever it does switch over though... that'll be ... fun.

I was also able to get the VF-2SS Preorder at HLJ thanks to Figinstock :)

13 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Hope to get another VF-1J Hikaru at HLJ.  Those blank bodies are best to use.

Agreed those are best as a starting point. Been thinking about another myself.

2 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Bit of a random question, does anyone know the weights of some of these figures?  Specifically the valks, glaug, regult and spartan?  I don't have a scale, so I can't find out myself.

I just want to be sure I'm not overloading a shelf.

I only have valks at this point, but according to my postal scale:

VF-1 = 2.9 oz

VF-1 Super/Strike = 4.3 oz

If using Tamashii Stage stands, each one adds another 1 oz.

14 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I only have valks at this point, but according to my postal scale:

VF-1 = 2.9 oz

VF-1 Super/Strike = 4.3 oz

If using Tamashii Stage stands, each one adds another 1 oz.

Ok, thanks.  Looks like I have weight to spare, even if the other figures are close to a pound each (which I don't think they are, except maybe the glaug).

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Agreed those are best as a starting point. Been thinking about another myself.

The CF VF-1A is great too because it comes with 2 heads.  One of them is good for customizing.

Yeah I posted about it in its own thread.  It would be a lot of trouble to go through just to get the standing pilots.  I'd rather not get them and just stick to HMR.

Edited by sh9000

Aarrgghh!!

Look what just happened!!

The support acrylic rod that connects the base with the Glaug's ass is broken, and I barely touch this toy, I just moved it to take some photos, the thing is heavy and tilted to the front when standing on the base, and when I took it again I saw this. 

Who have this toy? Did it happened to you also?

20170722_003810-640x360.jpg

Edited by Cesar Enrique

Happened to my regult. it was easy enough to get the broken peg out of the stand adapter and beyond that I didn't care because Tamashii stages are cheap and I have like half a dozen or more just stashed away in a box anyways.