Hi-Metal R

joppewo

14000 yen without 8% japan sales tax. Hope that includes the armor/fast pack.

i've never seen Mac II so nostalgia glasses won't help me get past a poorly designed toy, but maybe i'll get one anyway and pass it on if it doesn't float my boat.

At that price it had better come with the dang sap. But I thk it does come with the SAP as 14/15k for just a 1/100 valk alone will be stretching it ...

M2 isn't a fav with me but the vf2ss is unique enough for me to give it a second glance.

the proportions really need to be spot on for it to avoid looking like a flattened pancake valk..

cant fault evo, valks aren't their speciality plus they had the first shot at it. 

Am wondering if I should wait, likely there will be non SAP versions, and bandai loves milking molds to complete the fairy squadron but I wonder how long till that would be.

I don't mind the price, especially since this Valkyrie is a unique sculpt with unique super parts. It's in line with the HM-R Xabungle release too. Man, after the disappointing Evo version, this VF-2SS looks fantastic. B))

I hope this does well and we get more M2 mecha.

24 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

IMG_4072.thumb.JPG.ad4ec5d77e6e3599fb2b4d8569f435d6.JPG

Here's a clearer picture.

Woohooo!!!!  The whole reason I subscribed to this thread in the first place :p  I had my 1/48s & 1/60s that I'm happy with and my old 1/100 ARII transforming models from high school.  BUT this VF-2SS was what I was waiting for all along and it looks great so far - great proportions.  Interested to see what it looks like underneath though.  The EVOs are such a big dissappointment. 

Hey guys, hoping someone could help; A buddy of mine has a HMR Max that snapped at the shoulder. He got it through NY and they're being no help. ANyone know of a way to get NYs attention? Or if not, is there a replacement shoulder fix out there?

Cheers up front fellas :)

Preordered day 1 for 2SS. Overall looks like a wonderful release and if it's perfect transformation as the designer stated, then it will be some fun hand candy. It's kind of weird that the gerwalk mode picture has the split gap in the feet while the battroid picture has full gapless feet. Swappable toes? Or just different prototypes maybe? 

31 minutes ago, SuperHobo said:

Preordered day 1 for 2SS. Overall looks like a wonderful release and if it's perfect transformation as the designer stated, then it will be some fun hand candy. It's kind of weird that the gerwalk mode picture has the split gap in the feet while the battroid picture has full gapless feet. Swappable toes? Or just different prototypes maybe? 

Uh?!  Is this available for pre-order today?  When did it become available for PO?

4 minutes ago, jenius said:

Are the hips disconnected in GERWALK?

Certainly looks like the hip intakes are free and not tabbed up.. Maybe thats the steel pin hip hinge from last years tamashii expo pic, that seems to be hidden now....

it would enable the intake to flip out..

1 minute ago, wm cheng said:

Uh?!  Is this available for pre-order today?  When did it become available for PO?

As its a Nov release date i thk pre-orders gonna be soon, either end of this month or early next month..

Never big on Macross II or the VF-2 design but this will be an instabuy for me. 1/100 HMR is the perfect line for a complete collection of various Valks including ones I'm not as nostalgic about. Save the 1/60 money and space for the ones that are more special to me. Certainly helps in this case where the 1/100 looks better than the 1/60. 

With the VF-2SS, we'll finally get a chance to see what the High Metal-R line is really made of. While the Destroids and Zentradi mecha were all top notch, neither of them are transforming toys. And I don't consider the HM-R VF-1's to be true HM-R toys, since they're really just old High Metal toys that got grandfathered into the new "R" line with some tweaks. If Bandai can cleanly handle the VF-2SS' crazy transformation, the sky's the limit for them. I have confidence in Bandai and will be pre-ordering on day 1.

On 6/20/2017 at 11:51 AM, Slave IV said:

That's a sweet picture! Where do you find all these things?! (Answer: Duh, the internet:p)

Thanks Saburo! It's an honor to have my photos complemented by you!

@Slave IV  Haha, I am just a monkey that presses the shutter trigger, I look forward to seeing more pics. :)