Hi-Metal R

joppewo

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

So it seems across the board so far that they messed that area up. You got it the worst so far. Again, seems like an insignificant area to worry about. 

If it's common, them's the breaks then. It's gonna be a pain in the butt the replace it given it's a manufacturer's defect and it does not affect the functionality anyways. I might as well count my blessings it's in that "area" :blink:

4 minutes ago, fenrir72 said:

If it's common, them's the breaks then. It's gonna be a pain in the butt the replace it given it's a manufacturer's defect and it does not affect the functionality anyways. I might as well count my blessings it's in that "area" :blink:

You can say it got neutered. :D

Edited by Slave IV

42 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

That's a sweet picture! Where do you find all these things?! (Answer: Duh, the internet:p)

Yeah.  Everytime I find a cool Macross picture I try to save it because I know I probably won't stumble across it again.

IMG_4018.JPG.fc97e92fa3fd83014515805a1caafad0.JPG

One of the display ideas I had a while back was like this scene with the Spartan facing the Regults on their knees.  B))

9 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Yeah.  Everytime I find a cool Macross picture I try to save it because I know I probably won't stumble across it again.

One of the display ideas I had a while back was like this scene with the Spartan facing the Regults on their knees.  B))

Chop, chop.  We're waiting.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

51 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Chop, chop.  We're waiting.

Haha, yeah. If anyone can pull that shot off, it's sh9000!

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

The only way a Spartan would have that many Regults kneeling in fear in front of it is if Max's VF-1A was standing right behind it! 8)

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

The only way a Spartan would have that many Regults kneeling in fear in front of it is if Max's VF-1A was standing right behind it! 8)

Max can use a blue Spartan.  ;)

My HMR Spartan is on the way. However, I decided to cancel my HMR Destroid Defender order. Boxes of books are coming and I am running out of space. It was also never my intention to collect the entire HMR line. That said I would still like to have more HMR Regults :D

I finally got my Spartan yesterday. While I generally like it better than the Regult, it has similar problems. I can't understand why they have to put so much visible metal on it! The waist swivel, the armpits, the screw under the gun cluster cover... Sure, those are normally hidden, but with some dynamic posing they are very likely to be revealed. Why did they have to use such a shiny metal? Just a bit darker had helped a lot. I didn't notice this in any picture before I got it, but it's very glaring to me in person. 

3 hours ago, Lorindor said:

I finally got my Spartan yesterday. While I generally like it better than the Regult, it has similar problems. I can't understand why they have to put so much visible metal on it! The waist swivel, the armpits, the screw under the gun cluster cover... Sure, those are normally hidden, but with some dynamic posing they are very likely to be revealed. Why did they have to use such a shiny metal? Just a bit darker had helped a lot. I didn't notice this in any picture before I got it, but it's very glaring to me in person. 

Seems like they did it to give the figures the ability to have more dynamic posing in a durable way. If those parts were painted, they would scratch instantly. The reason why you probably haven't seen them in pictures is because they were designed smartly to allow you to use them for posing but still hidden based on the pose. Personally, I really appreciate the extra effort and thought put into those joints. Gives the figures so much more character through poses. 

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Seems like they did it to give the figures the ability to have more dynamic posing in a durable way. If those parts were painted, they would scratch instantly. The reason why you probably haven't seen them in pictures is because they were designed smartly to allow you to use them for posing but still hidden based on the pose. Personally, I really appreciate the extra effort and thought put into those joints. Gives the figures so much more character through poses. 

But if you just twist the waist a little (which you probably need to do if you want to get a good pose), there's a large rectangular opening showing a lot of metal. Raise the arm for a club swinging pose and you'll see the metal in the armpit. Display the Spartan with the guncluster opened on a shelf above eye level (which I intended to do), you'll see the screw. So it's not very well hidden at all.

The metal parts wouldn't need to be painted. A metal with a darker shade like the one used in the ankle joints of the DX VF-25 or the joints of the Regult and Monster would be way more discreet.

5 hours ago, barurutor said:

^ is this something a black marker pen couldn't fix?

Yeah, sure, but that would also utterly ruin the resale value and I could accidentally stain the plastic, which would be worse than the current state.

37 minutes ago, Lorindor said:

But if you just twist the waist a little (which you probably need to do if you want to get a good pose), there's a large rectangular opening showing a lot of metal. Raise the arm for a club swinging pose and you'll see the metal in the armpit. Display the Spartan with the guncluster opened on a shelf above eye level (which I intended to do), you'll see the screw. So it's not very well hidden at all.

The metal parts wouldn't need to be painted. A metal with a darker shade like the one used in the ankle joints of the DX VF-25 or the joints of the Regult and Monster would be way more discreet.

Yeah, sure, but that would also utterly ruin the resale value and I could accidentally stain the plastic, which would be worse than the current state.

Totally agree that using a darker metal would be nice. As for the other stuff, honestly I've seen a lot of cool pictures of the Spartan so far and never noticed any of the eyesores you pointed out except the waist and that was when I had the figure in hand and was posing it myself.

7 hours ago, Lorindor said:

I understand what Lorindor is saying. Wouldn't be nice if they use those dark colored metal that they were using on the DX Valk's ankle just to make those diecast part a little subtle than shiny 'unpainted' metal. 

In contrast, there are those who prefer the diecast parts of their toys stand out in plain view, especially when the line is called "Hi-Metal". No matter what approach Bandai used, it will not appeal to everyone.

Edited by ArchieNov

20 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

In contrast, there are those who prefer the diecast parts of their toys stand out in plain view, especially when the line is called "Hi-Metal". No matter what approach Bandai used, it will not appeal to everyone.

Lol, people always gotta complain about something right?:p

In the end, I agree darker metal would have seemed perfect but who knows why the choice was made...could be other qc related reasons. I'm fine with it as is. 

Sudden splash of cold reality. Bandai as ever the smarty folks they are pricing this up there knowing the demand for a decent m2 toy...

The proportions seem way better than evo, and I like the Sap connectors where it looks like there are movable wing flaps there..

Also seems the tomahawk and phalanx destroids are gonna be pushed back then...who knows maybe they will retweak the tomahawk colors heheh

Edited by seti88