Hi-Metal R

joppewo

14 hours ago, Slave IV said:

:ohmy: Wow! Impressive...Most Impressive!

Thanks!

10 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Very nice!  Now that is a squadron.

Thanks!  Your Spartan photos are great.

6 hours ago, Saburo said:

I got my Spartan but haven't gotten a chance to take a studio shots of it.  I can't wait for the all of the Destroids to be released so I can retake these shots with the Destroids. :D

Nice pics Saburo.

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

tamashiination2015-macross-85.jpg

gallery_12176_640_66054.jpg

I'll still buy 6 Tomahawks to open and 1 to keep MISB.  Still looks pretty much the same as from the early advertised pics.

Edited by sh9000

Heyyyyy, lookie what I found here. In case you guys are interested.

HI-METAL R HWR-00-MKII Destroid Monster

Sale Price: ¥21,250
You Save: ¥3,750  (15%)
Bonus Store Credit: ¥1,063

http://hlj.com/product/BANN05211/Act

---

EDIT: The Macross figure sale in general: http://hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?SaleGroup=HLJ20ANNIVERSARY&DisplayMode=images&Dis=2&qid=R1K69UHI3JFXOG&set=1&SeriesID2=934

Edited by kajnrig

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

Heyyyyy, lookie what I found here. In case you guys are interested.

HI-METAL R HWR-00-MKII Destroid Monster

Sale Price: ¥21,250
You Save: ¥3,750  (15%)
Bonus Store Credit: ¥1,063

http://hlj.com/product/BANN05211/Act

---

EDIT: The Macross figure sale in general: http://hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?SaleGroup=HLJ20ANNIVERSARY&DisplayMode=images&Dis=2&qid=R1K69UHI3JFXOG&set=1&SeriesID2=934

More like the shelf warmer sale.

18 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hahaha! :lol: We'll see, sir. We'll see. :rolleyes:

Hahaha! :lol: To be honest, I really want to get the Destroids only. But I really don't want to start a line. What's the Destroids for when there's no VF-1's and Regults and Glaug? Not going to start a new line is my motto. :rolleyes:

Well I just have one VF-1A Cannon Fodder but I do have the Regult, Glaug, Monster and will get all the remaining Destroids (and more enemy mecha please!!!). 

16 hours ago, Strumvogel said:

Still no date on the Tomahawk I take it? It was announced before the Defender and that has a date of release.

Yeah, I'm wondering what the delay is as well. I'm hoping the final color leans more towards gray than purple, but based on the photos, it still looks good enough for me. I'm ready to order!

The Monster is worth MSRP in comparison to other toys but I think part of the problem is it is so big, heavy and expensive to ship internationally, so that hurt overall sales. I think it's one indicator that HMR is probably selling pretty big outside of Japan since most others in the line sell out quick.

3 minutes ago, jenius said:

I feel like three or four of reach would be necessary so you could have squads.

That was my thinking too...but damn I must resist lol, 2 is enough...2 is enough...

It's probably a long shot but I hope that Bandai will release all the different variants.

23 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Lovely!

Thanks!

22 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Iconic poses!  You could totally make a book off of your photos.

The book idea has been brought up and it something I am keeping on the back burner for now. ;)

19 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks!

Thanks!  Your Spartan photos are great.

Nice pics Saburo.

I'll still buy 6 Tomahawks to open and 1 to keep MISB.  Still looks pretty much the same as from the early advertised pics.

Thank you!  Your group shots are awesome, its impressive to see a group of CFs. Once you get groups of Destroids together you can make some epic battle scenes.

19 minutes ago, jenius said:

Would be sweet but *ouch* my wallet. 

I'm sticking to 2 of each for now as well but I would get a dozen of each if I could. 

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I would TOTALLY bite on two that color blue Spartans!!! 

Strange how color can affect something. I skipped the Spartan release, but would totally have bought a blue one.

6 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Yeah, I'm wondering what the delay is as well. I'm hoping the final color leans more towards gray than purple, but based on the photos, it still looks good enough for me. I'm ready to order!

Maybe they're saving the best for last? Don't they know I badly I want to throw money at them though? :)

9 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Is the Monster not worth $200-250? As in its build quality, size, etc. doesn't justify its price? From what I read before its release people were super impressed by its size...

It IS worth it if you are "into" the series. And yes, the sheer size/weight/cost to ship is the turn off factor. Quality wise, it is amazin'!

9 minutes ago, Ridden001 said:

Pinot did a great review on the monster, he even read out the tampo markings, wish he would do more reviews.

Who's Pinot? This is the first time I heard of him. Care to share some link please. Thanks! ;) 

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Who's Pinot? This is the first time I heard of him. Care to share some link please. Thanks! ;) 

I think he means mechaninac Youtube channel (Pinoi78):

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYWF9-80PoK5G-yOqpior7A

16 hours ago, jenius said:

I convinced myself that I only need one of each destroid. I can always view them like a lance from Battletech to rationalize it :p

41 minutes ago, Ridden001 said:

I typoed it last night on the iphone.  Pinoi78

I see. Thought it was someone new who does HMR review. ;) 

4 hours ago, tekering said:

Where does this color scheme come from?

Based on Macross Mecha Manual site, the blue type Spartan was seen on Episode 15 of SDFM. 

4 hours ago, Mommar said:

It comes from the land of awesome!

Agreed! :good: