Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Wth am i reading???

Whats going on spanner, without yoir support any macross line will go down. Dont back off on us bro!

On 2017-5-18 at 3:45 PM, spanner said:

I cancelled my Spartan with NY as I decided I won't collect anything more from HM-R line.. I will keep the Regult my gf got me and the Monster cos its the coolest thing in the HM-R line but that's it. 

I did however pre-order the HM-R VF-1S 35th anniversary for my son who likes the color scheme!

42 minutes ago, Mr Bomber said:

Wth am i reading???

Whats going on spanner, without yoir support any macross line will go down. Dont back off on us bro!

its no big deal really. I had only purchased one item from the line being the HWR Monster (Regult I received as a gift) and never really had much intention to get any others with the exception of the Spartan. But even that I lost interest in.. My primary focus with Macross is the 1:60 line of toys which is really where my heart (and wallet) is so I figure there is no point picking up bits and pieces of a different scale line that I don't want to collect in their entirety. The only reason I even have any 1:48's is pretty much b'cos I stumbled across them in a trade deal otherwise I would most likely never have got any.. 

uZDs1Kw.jpgGot my spartan in hand, very impressed, this time it is really hi-metal, most stressed joins are metal joints, the outsole also in metal, the canon and missile pods have cover linked sliding mechanism, and it is highly poseable :wub:

Looking forward for the tomahawk and defender. :lol:

10 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

Based on that picture... Could the missile effects work on the Armored Valkyrie?

Looks like they are held with some type of putty.  Yes they can work on the Armored Valkyrie.

IMG_3483.thumb.JPG.a2687aacbe584143afc2dbf8871dc991.JPG

3 hours ago, tekering said:

And they're a perfect fit for the 1:100 Missile Phalanx...!

missile_barrage.thumb.jpg.be821d575b5cbe27d1bb8c3634cbf19b.jpg

Stupid question are these the missle effects from the Hi-Metal R line?  BTW Epic!

20 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Just saw this pic on facebook.  So much win!

spartan_barrage.thumb.jpg.cd588af52f90bcc1920ab4ffc877d424.jpg

Confirmed first-hand.  :)

If you get the missile effect pieces into the right position, the armor covers will hold them in place.

15 hours ago, Lorh said:

Stupid question are these the missle effects from the Hi-Metal R line?

"Missile Effect Set for Super Valkyrie," yeah.

On 5/20/2017 at 2:35 PM, UN Spacy said:

Photo of this HMR Spartan next to a Yamato Phalanx or Tomahawk?

If Yamato released a Phalanx, I don't know about it... but here it is with the vintage 1:100 Phalanx and Tomahawk model kits, as well as Yamato's 1:60 Tomahawk and Defender:

destroid_scales.thumb.jpg.a5a0fa1e422808b8e8328174fbf88121.jpg

I'm surprised the HMR Spartan's so disproportionally large, actually.  A Spartan shouldn't be bigger than a Valkyrie Battloid...!

5921aab8b4ca0_big_spartan.thumb.jpg.82971b12732ae8466c4e40c25926e9ae.jpg

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

If they didn't make the max limit of 1 per household I'd buy 3 more Monsters.

Don't let that stop you.  There are Amazon.jp listings for 50% off as well... 

5 minutes ago, tekering said:

spartan_barrage.thumb.jpg.cd588af52f90bcc1920ab4ffc877d424.jpg

Confirmed first-hand.  :)

If you get the missile effect pieces into the right position, the armor covers will hold them in place.

"Missile Effect Set for Super Valkyrie," yeah.

If Yamato released a Phalanx, I don't know about it... but here it is with the vintage 1:100 Phalanx and Tomahawk model kits, as well as Yamato's 1:60 Tomahawk and Defender:

destroid_scales.thumb.jpg.a5a0fa1e422808b8e8328174fbf88121.jpg

I'm surprised the HMR Spartan's so disproportionally large, actually.  A Spartan shouldn't be bigger than a Valkyrie Battloid...!

5921aab8b4ca0_big_spartan.thumb.jpg.82971b12732ae8466c4e40c25926e9ae.jpg

Don't let that stop you.  There are Amazon.jp listings for 50% off as well... 

Congrats on getting the Spartan already.  Great pics.  The missile effects look good.  Yep Yamato never released a Phalanx.  I still like the size of all of the HMR figures to each other.  Too bad the top hatch of the Spartan can't be opened to cram a pilot in there.  HMR Monsters at amazon.jp for 50% off?  Damn I'm tempted.

2 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I still like the size of all of the HMR figures to each other.

Well, the Spartan is definitely off.  According to Perfect Memory, Spartans and Tomahawks are both about 11.3 meters to the top of the shoulders, as this line art indicates:

11_3m.thumb.jpg.dc2733a589af296cb13e9aac2a6ebe8b.jpg

The HMR Spartan stands 14.3cm to the top of the shoulders, which is a good three centimetres bigger than it should be.

Note if we apply the same baseline to the HMR line, the Valkyries and Battlepods are consistent...

HMR_Spartan_scaling.thumb.jpg.3435b789b2ed9279cf7c2f0d24feb957.jpg

...but the vintage Imai Tomahawk's definitely too small, and the HMR Spartan's clearly too large.  :unsure:

12 minutes ago, tekering said:

HMR_Spartan_scaling.thumb.jpg.3435b789b2ed9279cf7c2f0d24feb957.jpg

...but the vintage Imai Tomahawk's definitely too small, and the HMR Spartan's clearly too large.  :unsure:

I'm angrier than I've ever been!!!

*cancels order*

;)