Hi-Metal R

joppewo

8 hours ago, sh9000 said:

15 VF-1 cannon fodders and 14 Regults.  I wish I bought more Regults back then when they were $50 each since I now have room for freakin 3 Monsters.

B))

Now that's an army! :good:  That must make for some great battle setups.

48 minutes ago, sumyumgoy said:

Now that's an army! :good:  That must make for some great battle setups.

Thanks.  Yeah and a lot of fun when playing with them.

Oh I got another Glaug too.  :)

Edited by sh9000

Well my work desk buddy just got some new toys.  Short review, I like them.  But there a little expensive ($65ish right now) and they are fiddly to get looking right.  I wish the reaction missiles had a ball joint attachment to the arm not just a peg, posing feels hindered.  The claws to hold the HMM-01's are not as bad as I thought that they would be, but I think a peg would have been better.  As it stands you can get the HMM's on the pods and wings with no additional support but they do sag and thats a lot of weight for the wings and missile pod pegs.  Maybe I'll get another set so I can have 4 HMM missile sets on Roy, now how cool would that look. :) 

IMG_8054.JPG

Looks great!  Someone can make custom TV missiles or with some work the ones included with the Valkyries can probably be modified to attach on there.

Got another missile effects set for $42.

Edited by sh9000

21 hours ago, sh9000 said:

IMG_2245.PNG.f9b2d085aef32b9918e8bfc01fd03e97.PNG

I've seen that $0.99 hot glue already works.

I am currently working on getting optional parts for HMR VFs. The idea is to manufacture the same pieces offered by Yamato, including a pilot version tv that in the line HMR are horrible. For the pilot I will be based on the movie version of HMR that has better proportions. When I have some progress I will upload photos, now I am waiting for the missile effects  to reproduce them in crystal recin, we will see that leaves ...

21 hours ago, sh9000 said:

IMG_2245.PNG.f9b2d085aef32b9918e8bfc01fd03e97.PNG

I've seen that $0.99 hot glue already works.

Wow. Impressive! I wish I had some of those crafty skills. 

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

Here's a video for the 35th anniversary VF-1 for those inclined.

I dig it. I'm glad I ordered one, though I was apprehensive at first. It's grown on me.

9 minutes ago, EmilianoAlfaro said:

I am currently working on getting optional parts for HMR VFs. The idea is to manufacture the same pieces offered by Yamato, including a pilot version tv that in the line HMR are horrible. For the pilot I will be based on the movie version of HMR that has better proportions. When I have some progress I will upload photos, now I am waiting for the missile effects  to reproduce them in crystal recin, we will see that leaves ...

I'm looking forward to seeing the results! Especially the missile effects.

5 minutes ago, Thessair said:

I'm looking forward to seeing the results! Especially the missile effects.

My plan is to make a copy of the original set, then modify it and adapt it to vf-1j GBP. Copying the original set does not look anything complicated, with transparent resin and a thin upper layer of white / light blue paint will look great. I think in 20 days I'll have the set in my house so I can clone it.

On 5/6/2017 at 8:03 AM, sumyumgoy said:

Sorry, it's kind of hastily put together, but here's the chain base A.  It doesn't show the trusses or accessories.  I've got the B also if you want to see it.  Also, each panel is about 6" x 6" x 0.5".

did you get a chance to shoot some pix with the B?

Trying to decide if i want A, B, or both heh

thanks in advance

36 minutes ago, bbrain said:

thanks in advance

There are loads of video reviews on YouTube. Search msg chain base. Most folks use a combination of both. 

1 hour ago, bbrain said:

thanks in advance

Here you go, this one also doesn't show the accessories like the light posts, catapult, and crates.  I like them both and planning on combining a few of them together.  I say get both if you can :D.  Hope that helps.

IMG_20170511_211418.jpg

IMG_20170511_211518.jpg

IMG_20170511_211505.jpg

On 5/9/2017 at 7:29 PM, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I recently decided to get a third CF.

I bought another one of my own, once I discovered the VF-1Js actually appeared in the show:

canon!.thumb.jpg.ee5b57e5b59a29d0914adbe4ac159176.jpg

...and, since sh9000 made it look so good (and it's unlikely Bandai will ever get around to it), I figured I'd make my own.

VF-1JCF.thumb.jpg.9adea2ff075fae0282b1216f33cafc74.jpg

VF-1J_CF.thumb.jpg.f2b605e00469efec0c51dae37fd545bb.jpg

Keep up the inspiring work, guys!  :)

4 hours ago, tekering said:

I bought another one of my own, once I discovered the VF-1Js actually appeared in the show:

...and, since sh9000 made it look so good (and it's unlikely Bandai will ever get around to it), I figured I'd make my own.

Very nice paint job.

I'm thinking of doing this myself to my third one, making a 3-valk CF squad. I just need another Hikaru 1J to swap heads, and then I could make a custom 1A out of the Hikaru - like maybe Max, Alaska Base, or Angel Bird. More likely one of the latter two, since I'm guessing Bandai will make TV Max at some point.

What an ordeal.

Nippon-Yassan detailed they've sent the missile effects set to me.  A week later and seeing that the package had arrived in Brisbane, it sat in a location for 2 days.  Nothing.  No update.  No delivery.

I called Australia Post and was told that it was missing vital addressing details and that the only way that it could arrive to me was if N-Y updated Japan Post so that JP could in turn amend the addressing details.

An organisation like JP, I would expect to turn this around very quickly... so a ticket was opened at N-Y and I get a response that the amendment request has been made with the post office.  A week and 5 continuations on the ticket later with N-Y saying they've sent an update to JP there is still no movement.  They claim that it was addressed correctly.  All feeling I had was that the update request wasn't carried out.

Today I finally got to someone at Australia Post who was willing to do the change on my behalf to ensure that the return-to-sender process wasn't carried out and I'd be up for another postage cost to get it back to me.  Hopefully I'll have them Tuesday...

18 minutes ago, dero said:

What an ordeal.

Nippon-Yassan detailed they've sent the missile effects set to me.  A week later and seeing that the package had arrived in Brisbane, it sat in a location for 2 days.  Nothing.  No update.  No delivery.

I called Australia Post and was told that it was missing vital addressing details and that the only way that it could arrive to me was if N-Y updated Japan Post so that JP could in turn amend the addressing details.

An organisation like JP, I would expect to turn this around very quickly... so a ticket was opened at N-Y and I get a response that the amendment request has been made with the post office.  A week and 5 continuations on the ticket later with N-Y saying they've sent an update to JP there is still no movement.  They claim that it was addressed correctly.  All feeling I had was that the update request wasn't carried out.

Today I finally got to someone at Australia Post who was willing to do the change on my behalf to ensure that the return-to-sender process wasn't carried out and I'd be up for another postage cost to get it back to me.  Hopefully I'll have them Tuesday...

Damn...hope it gets to you soon.

5 hours ago, tekering said:

Looks great!  Smooth paint application.

4 hours ago, ZorClone said:

The chain base looks fantastic as diorama for HMR.  Very tempting...

Actually, that's the aforementioned White Base Catapult Deck...

WBCD.thumb.jpg.0c5448d059692a3b89c9c9971e97f401.jpg

It's a simple set of sturdy plastic walls with Gundam-specific accessories I didn't use.

However, if you add your own Macross-specific accessories...

WBCD_populated.thumb.jpg.f77eb9cc7cb5f80a0040eda9da222247.jpg

...it looks as much like the SDF-1 as it does the White Base.   ^_^