Hi-Metal R

joppewo

23 hours ago, TheLoneWolf said:

Do you have to apply a clear coat afterwards in order to preserve the panel lines? Or is Flory's naturally resistant to fading and smearing from everyday handling?

As long as you're not like digging your finger nails into the panel lines flory's stays on really well without clear coat, especially with small panel lines like on the HMR's.

4 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Nice!  I am not bold enough yet to do custom work but tempted to do some weathering...

Thanks.

20 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Good start....but I'm thinking you may need some better masking tape....what did you use?  Or did you freehand it? ;)

Yeah it was freehand.  I'll see if I have time tonight to touch it up.

14 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks.

Yeah it was freehand.  I'll see if I have time tonight to touch it up.

Cool...you going for that green/brown variant that gets blown up outside the viewing window in DYRL...

Kakizaki_CF.jpg

....or just a random CF variant?

9f877467e02765335c3abfac902fc0a8.jpg

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Cool...you going for that green/brown variant that gets blown up outside the viewing window in DYRL...

Kakizaki_CF.jpg

....or just a random CF variant?

9f877467e02765335c3abfac902fc0a8.jpg

That DYRL Super VF-1A CF is another scheme I might do.  Then I'll have another spare TV VF-1A CF head to work with.

The one I made was Aegis Focker's VF-1X from VF-X2.

4 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

That DYRL Super VF-1A CF is another scheme I might do.  Then I'll have another spare TV VF-1A CF head to work with.

The one I made was Aegis Focker's VF-1X from VF-X2.

Oh wow.....now you're getting really obscure!  Nice!

16 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Oh wow.....now you're getting really obscure!  Nice!

Thanks!

Now that you mentioned it yeah I'll make this one too.

IMG_3370.thumb.GIF.e52d1e44eff14275f0b4222f5271f8cd.GIF

Just now, sumyumgoy said:

Finished panel lining one of the VF-1A.  I'm tempted to start weathering but it looks like I'd have to clear coat it afterwards.

DSC02530.jpg

DSC02533.jpg

Looks good.

Just now, sh9000 said:

Thanks!

Now that you mentioned it yeah I'll make this one too.

IMG_3370.thumb.GIF.e52d1e44eff14275f0b4222f5271f8cd.GIF

Looks good.

Thanks, definitely looking forward to seeing that one!  I was just thinking about what can be used as a strap for the guns.

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

As in Hikaru's ride....for his "use".....

The translation was quite mechanical then. :lol: Hlj should have known better. Maybe called it Hikaru's Valkyrie or Hikaru type.

HLJ is actually making money from all those reopening, they are most likely PW returns so HLJ makes 15% each and then relist them since they are new/never shipped out.

I'm pretty sure they made a killing for the DX SV-262

Ah man, I'm gonna have to find those HLJ terms of service again. I thought you got 100% store credit on returns from PW. 

Found it. Yep, so yeah, that's probably working out pretty well for HLJ. 

Edited by jenius

5 minutes ago, jenius said:

Ah man, I'm gonna have to find those HLJ terms of service again. I thought you got 100% store credit on returns from PW. 

Private Warehouse cancellation policy: Private Warehouse items are already paid for, so they cannot be "cancelled." Private Warehouse items can be processed as returns, however, and we will issue a 100% cash refund for the cost of returned Private Warehouse merchandise up to 10 days from the original date of your payment. After 10 days a full refund is not possible, but we will issue an 85% store credit for the item amount, which will be applied to your next transactions. Once an item is shipped, returns are also possible as per our returns policy (see above).

https://support.hlj.com/hc/en-us/articles/204318480-Returns-Refunds-Cancellations

anytime a reopening pops up after 10 days or more gap, then HLJ is making 15%:D

Edited by F360

lol, wow you'd have to ignore a lot of notification from HLJ to force a return from PW and get hit with that 15%

If you had a billing agreement setup though, that just wouldn't happen.  At 60 days items would auto-ship.

1 hour ago, ZorClone said:

Paid for the item, but not necessarily the shipping.

Its not the non payment, its the pw returns.

Item paid , in pw.  Looks at review, decides no longer wants it.  Passed the 10 days.  Return to hlj from PW.  Gets 85% back in hlj.

hlj wins 15%. 

4 hours ago, ZorClone said:

lol, wow you'd have to ignore a lot of notification from HLJ to force a return from PW and get hit with that 15%

If you had a billing agreement setup though, that just wouldn't happen.  At 60 days items would auto-ship.

That's true if you went over 10 days past date of payment. You won't get hit with that 15% if you return the items within 10 days of payment. That's enough time to see early reviews and judge whether you like it or not. 

Edited by wmkjr

10 hours ago, F360 said:

Its not the non payment, its the pw returns.

Item paid , in pw.  Looks at review, decides no longer wants it.  Passed the 10 days.  Return to hlj from PW.  Gets 85% back in hlj.

hlj wins 15%. 

Would you not also get hit with the 15% return fee if you bought the item and then failed to pay for shipping when it auto-ships after 60 days in the PW?

40 minutes ago, ZorClone said:

Would you not also get hit with the 15% return fee if you bought the item and then failed to pay for shipping when it auto-ships after 60 days in the PW?

yes , you would also get hit with the 15% return fee, but that's much worse because it's consider FAILURE to PAY.  Instead of a request for return. 

HLJ is very strict on FAILURE to pay without communication, so you might even loose all your pre order items.

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I'd definitely buy another Regult at HLJ if it ever was available again.  That last time it went back up was cool.  Can't ever have enough Regults.

Which do you have more of now -- Regults or VF-1A cannon fodders? 

I recently decided to get a third CF.

52 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

He has more cf than un spacey :p

17 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

15 VF-1 cannon fodders and 14 Regults.  I wish I bought more Regults back then when they were $50 each since I now have room for freakin 3 Monsters.

16 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

He has more cf than un spacey :p

B))