Hi-Metal R

joppewo

10 hours ago, tekering said:

On the contrary, I used the waterslide decals that came with Bandai's "Armored Factory" [sic] model kit.

They're a perfect fit for the Hi-Metal R GBP.  :D

Bandai and ARII have produced numerous other 1:100 scale kits with appropriately-sized decals:

11MBA05_Macross-Robotech-Transformable-V

Man, still waiting for HLJ to locate an Armored Factory...

8 minutes ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

Wait, is a Hi-Metal VF-0 really a thing? Are there pictures?

Not a thing last time I checked. The Tamashii Nations 2015 event teased that all Macross vehicles could be HMR toys some day and there were lots of painted "prototypes" to show off this concept, I think the VF-0 was one of those. Most were just 3D printed solid mock-ups though... not something that indicated a toy was even in the planning stages. 

23 hours ago, Sandman said:

Just got my Shipment from amiami with the on sale Monster. Wow i knew the monster was big but not this big.....

IMG_4017.JPG

IMG_4018.JPG

LOL! There is actually a back to the future floating delorean in there as well which i got at a deal as well. Unfortunately shipping this cost me $120 US.

This is what was inside. Wasn't expecting the delorean to be in a bigger box than the monster.

IMG_4022.JPG

Awesome loot sandman!

Could anyone let me know how big the box for the HMR Monster is? I'll be In Tokyo next week, thinking of ordering from amiami to my hotel to save on shipping but not sure if this could fit into my checked luggage.

21 hours ago, Duymon said:

I didn't like mini Milia. Had to use inspiration from how she looks in Macross Delta Scramble with her red DYRL pilot suit :D

Looks great. What kind of resin are you using? It has a nice pearly quality. 

15 minutes ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

Bandai should make a new one in the HMR line.

I'm wishing for the same thing esp for members who collect HM-R's. Knowing that Bandai is doing White Base Platform Bases for their RD Gundam line, hope they do it too for Macross.

25 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm wishing for the same thing esp for members who collect HM-R's. Knowing that Bandai is doing White Base Platform Bases for their RD Gundam line, hope they do it too for Macross.

Gundam guys get all the cool stuff. We need an SDF-1 platform base.

3 minutes ago, sumyumgoy said:

Do they sell the white base by itself without the guntank?  Any links?  I couldn't find any.

Those additional decks are just announced. The one that came with the GunTank, I don't think they're selling it separately.

13 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Yeah someone used the White Base for HMR and it looks cool.

Oh, I got that beat:

6cedc032.jpg

The 1:144 scale White Base Catapult Deck will be perfect for an HMR Daedalus hangar diorama!  :D

Of course, as a Web-exclusive no longer in production, it goes for at least $150 on the secondary market now...

10 minutes ago, tekering said:

Oh, I got that beat:

6cedc032.jpg

The 1:144 scale White Base Catapult Deck will be perfect for an HMR Daedalus hangar diorama!  :D

Of course, as a Web-exclusive no longer in production, it goes for at least $150 on the secondary market now...

Ohhh, I saw that one too.  It looks bigger than I thought.  Unless that's a tiny person...

23 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

So, is anyone else wondering when the Tomahawk announcement will be?

Given the tease earlier this year, I was thinking it might be next after Defender. I'm also hoping it's soon enough to be released in time to ship with my Defender that will be sitting in HLJ's PW until late October.

It feels like we've already passed an announcement for April at this point, as they usually happen around the 20th of each month. So I'm guessing a May announcement.

And, based on the recent interview with Julian Oreska, I think it's going to be the Phalanx or the Tomahawk.

2 hours ago, RDX17 said:

It feels like we've already passed an announcement for April at this point, as they usually happen around the 20th of each month. So I'm guessing a May announcement.

And, based on the recent interview with Julian Oreska, I think it's going to be the Phalanx or the Tomahawk.

I am hoping for the Tomahawk. I want a squad of three on my desk shooting everything. I wonder if the missile effects could be use with them...

Had to take the 1/60 toys off the shelf, they took too much room. So only 1/100 HMR/HM and Toynami vinyls.

Need the GBP and the rest of the HM (including a better Kakizaki). 2 more Monsters and another couple VF-1A CF wouldn't hurt. Probably need more than 2 of each destroid also.

20170426_131320.jpg

3 hours ago, ZorClone said:

Has anyone seen any 3rd party options for diorama bases/walls like the Space Walls stuff for Star Wars figures?  Or even 3D printed stuff?

there' these for transformers https://tfsource.com/x2-toys-bg-a-autobot-background/

There's KO MECHANICAL CHAIN base, something like this  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4X-CG-MECHANICAL-CHAIN-ACTION-BASE-Machine-Nest-fr-Gundam-MG-HG-Model-Kit-MSG-1-/152062427500?hash=item2367a0816c:g:I0EAAOSwbwlXDKG8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4X-CG-MECHANICAL-CHAIN-ACTION-BASE-Machine-Nest-fr-Gundam-MG-HG-Model-Kit-MSG-2-/152051132065?hash=item2366f426a1:g:m9QAAOSwsN9XDKQ0

The real ones are these but they are sold out .  

http://slist.amiami.com/top/search/list?s_keywords=Mechanical+Chain+Base&submit=Search&pagemax=40

If you plan to buy something on ebay today.

EBAY Flash coupon 
$15 discount off a minimum purchase of $75 or more, valid until 6PM PST on April 26, 2017.
use code PSHOPSAVE15
pages.ebay.com/promo/2017/0426/3899.html

1 hour ago, easnoddy said:

Had to take the 1/60 toys off the shelf, they took too much room. So only 1/100 HMR/HM and Toynami vinyls.

Need the GBP and the rest of the HM (including a better Kakizaki). 2 more Monsters and another couple VF-1A CF wouldn't hurt. Probably need more than 2 of each destroid also.

20170426_131320.jpg

Nice collection!