Hi-Metal R

joppewo

1 minute ago, easnoddy said:

Hey, question...does NY charge more for shipping regularly than amiami?  I've noticed that preorder prices are typically 10% lower at NY than amiami.  I've been happy with both, just curious if NY is making up some of the cost in shipping.

Shipping prices seem to be changing at all the main Japanese online retailers recently. I've noticed an increase at NY but typically, amiami has the highest rates. Before recently, NY was one of the lowest next to HLJ depending on the items and method.

I've been getting a complete lack of updates for anything coming out of LAX for the last month.  When my 262 got here, the last update I received was the arrival at LAX customs, and then 3 days later it appeared on my doorstep.  They're just not pushing updates once the packages get into the country.

11 hours ago, jenius said:

I would be totally in for translucent plastic arcade version vf1 toys. 

That'd be cool! It's just too bad that translucent plastic tends to be very brittle. I'd constantly be worried about the figures exploding in my hands.

Not bad.  Did he charge to paint them?  I'm thinking of just painting one of my old school Matchbox Zentradi soldiers with green or brown and a recolored face.

Edited by sh9000

Well the Post Office is trying to screw me.

I went to check it's status online. It say's

"We attempted to delivery today but no one was home.  We left a notice.  You can reschedule delivery online or take that notice to your Post Office on Monday."

Guess what?   I was home during this delivery attempt.   No one knocked on my door.  There was no notice left in the mail box either.   I'm thinking the mailman was too lazy to climb some stairs.  I don't want to reschedule delivery and have him do the same thing?  They didn't leave a slip for me to pick up my package either.   This has happen before.  They'll leave a notice because they don't want to make the extra trip to someone's door.  I've found notices in my mail box when I was home and then saw their mail truck across the street.  This time they not only didn't knock on my door they forgot to leave a notice.

I ended up driving to the Post Office to find what was going on.   My fear is that my package is going to get sent back to Japan.   Which would have happen if I didn't have a tracking number.   Talked to a supervisor on duty: The Post Man said he tried and left a slip.  I'm like, well that's a lie because they never did and that's why I'm here.  Now how do I get my package?  The supervisor insisted that I can reschedule delivery or bring the slip back on Monday.  To which I had to remind them "With what slip? There's was no slip."

So I'm going back on Tuesday because I'm at work during their open hours on Monday.  Hopefully I can pick mine up without that slip. 

39 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

Well the Post Office is trying to screw me.

I went to check it's status online. It say's

"We attempted to delivery today but no one was home.  We left a notice.  You can reschedule delivery online or take that notice to your Post Office on Monday."

Guess what?   I was home during this delivery attempt.   No one knocked on my door.  There was no notice left in the mail box either.   I'm thinking the mailman was too lazy to climb some stairs.  I don't want to reschedule delivery and have him do the same thing?  They didn't leave a slip for me to pick up my package either.   This has happen before.  They'll leave a notice because they don't want to make the extra trip to someone's door.  I've found notices in my mail box when I was home and then saw their mail truck across the street.  This time they not only didn't knock on my door they forgot to leave a notice.

I ended up driving to the Post Office to find what was going on.   My fear is that my package is going to get sent back to Japan.   Which would have happen if I didn't have a tracking number.   Talked to a supervisor on duty: The Post Man said he tried and left a slip.  I'm like, well that's a lie because they never did and that's why I'm here.  Now how do I get my package?  The supervisor insisted that I can reschedule delivery or bring the slip back on Monday.  To which I had to remind them "With what slip? There's was no slip."

So I'm going back on Tuesday because I'm at work during their open hours on Monday.  Hopefully I can pick mine up without that slip. 

It's Saturday so it's most likely a Part-timer that got stuck working on the weekends so their effort is somewhat lacking.  Also if it's not your normal courier that means they will not be the person to redeliver that package so they don't have to worry about any scheduling .  The reason for the lack of notices is probably due to the courier forgetting to carry some with him/her and is too lazy to do a double trip.  Of course they could've went to the wrong address and left the notice there.  When you were there did you ask them to check for the tracking number of the Notice that you never got?  They should be able to pull it up from their system if the courier actually scans it.  No record of it , normally means he/she was never there. 

I live in a area with hills and stairs and more stairs. depending on where you mail box is located it, that's where most postman are going to leave a slip unless they know you are home.

Also your mailbox should be clearly marked with your address , so they won't place it in the wrong mail box.  My advice for the future would be to leave a noticeable NOTE for the courier so that they will know that you are home waiting for the package that they are delivering.  Maybe in front of you mail box, next to your door bell, on your gate. etc.   Works most of the time.

hope everything works out next week.

I showed them the tracking number.   They were able to track down that the driver was there that day.  I was able to pick up other mail from my box.  Every mail box has the occupant's last name printed inside.  I'm going to get it one way or the other next week.  If I never used this tracking number I could easily assume it was still on route.  They might have shipped it back to Japan where it would be put up for sale again and I would have lost it to Sh9000. ;) 

22 minutes ago, maximusprime888 said:

Lol. Must've been u killing it on Mandarake.

How come Mandarake doesn't include those mailer boxes? Were they all exchanges or consignments?

Depends if the original owner who sold it to them brought the mailer boxes too.

5 minutes ago, monishb said:

Just curious how much does shipping cost to North America via mandrake?

Depends on the item. If you find items at the SAHRA store it'll tell you shipping. In general you're going to start at ~$20 for EMS shipping, and it goes up based on size/weight of the item.