Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Got my Millia's VF-1J in. The plastic feels fine, the color looks beautiful to me. Closest thing to an issue I found was that it felt like the gap you feed the wings in to clip into the body was tighter than with the others. But last valk I put wings on was back in November, so I could just not be remembering how tight those were.

4 minutes ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

I'm getting one of each destroid, except for the Spartan, since it seems to be the only one that has two combat modes: hand to hand and artillery.

Edit: And because I always loved the design and never had one.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy
Edit: wrong button, sorry.

2 minutes ago, beatsing said:

The spartan torso looks like the prototype for the tomahawk.  it has the shoulder missiles/grenades, and the middle cannon looks similar to the tomahawk rib cannons.  

spartan is cqc but was there a lot of cqc in macross?

I mean, the entire in-canon justification for Valkyries transforming into giant robots was that they expected the aliens to be giants and thought being able to fight hand to hand with them would be useful, isn't it? Spartans IIRC mostly see use after the time skip as crowd control/policing units for the full size Zentradi workers as I recall, so in that specific use being able to grapple and hold their own in melee is important.

2 minutes ago, Atheonyirh said:

I mean, the entire in-canon justification for Valkyries transforming into giant robots was that they expected the aliens to be giants and thought being able to fight hand to hand with them would be useful, isn't it? Spartans IIRC mostly see use after the time skip as crowd control/policing units for the full size Zentradi workers as I recall, so in that specific use being able to grapple and hold their own in melee is important.

I see, so they should have included fists as alternate hands for punching Zentraedi.  

37 minutes ago, Big s said:

It has open hands, for the ultimate slap. Although I would like the fists included, I'm happy with what's there.

2 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Maybe someone will do 3D printed spartan hands ^_^

I'm happy with what is included but if someone made extra hands, I'd buy them.

I think I might get 2 more Spartans so that my rule is 6 normal Destroids of each type.  Damn I wish I had 6 Monsters.

I thk the spartan would be more fun compared to the rest of the destroids, as it can do more action poses, so a few extra in the spartan dept would be nice.

Plus you could customise em as different squads too...

Edited by seti88

I had this crazy idea of making a HMR SDFM chess board.  Max and Milia VF-1J's for King and Queen, CF VF-1A's for pawns, 2 Armored VF-1J's for rooks, 2 CF VF-1J's for knights, and 2 CF VF-1S's for bishops.  The other side would have Regults for pawns, variant Regults (come on Bandai), a Glaug for something, and 2 Nousjadeul-Gers for something.

Got an email from NY that the missile effect sets will be released on 4/26.

Edited by sh9000

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

I had this crazy idea of making a HMR SDFM chess board.  Max and Milia VF-1J's for King and Queen, CF VF-1A's for pawns, 2 Armored VF-1J's for rooks, 2 CF VF-1J's for knights, and 2 CF VF-1S's for bishops.  The other side would have Regults for pawns, variant Regults (come on Bandai), a Glaug for something, and 2 Nousjadeul-Gers for something.

Got an email from NY that the missile effect sets will be released on 4/26.

No destroids? Spartan pawns instead...and 2 monster rooks! Then roy and hikkie strike knights and GBP bishops! :D

On the other side, if there ever was a breetai release he can b the king, quead for the queen (sounds nice eh), glaug rooks since they jump :D, Nous for the knights and Regult missile variant for the bishop...of course regult pawns...

Edited by seti88

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

My Milias are currently in customs so they'll be here soon.  Cheaper SAL shipping doing its job.

Lucky you. Mine was sent via EMS last week and status was only updated yesterday to have arrived (still not sure when it gets delivered). If I sent that thru SAL i'd probably be waiting months for it. But now I know that NY is in Ehime, and that the package went out via Osaka. That may partly explain why NY shipping is expensive.

19 minutes ago, jenius said:

What are fees like with buyee... I used Rinkya years ago but the fees were BRUTAL.

http://buyee.jp/help/yahoo/guide/fees?lang=en

5% service fee

200 yen payment fee

500 yen insurance and inspection

Shipping to warehouse + shipping to you