Hi-Metal R

joppewo

14! oh man, whenever you are free. Yeah i was thinking all in fighter mode, black background, so it looks like outer space. I will photoshop it to look like outer space!

I just realized that i am playing with your toys xD

edit in: Hmm, maybe RoY and TV Hikaru. That's a lot of CFs, badass!

Nope, just Roy.

VF-1J 1-48 firing.jpg

Armored VF-1J 1-48.jpg

VF-1J low vis 1-48 firing.jpg

post-48-1197649399.jpg

Edited by vlenhoff

2 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

14! oh man, whenever you are free. Yeah i was thinking all in fighter mode, black background, so it looks like outer space. I will photoshop it to look like outer space!

edit in: Hmm, maybe RoY and TV Hikaru. That's a lot of CFs, badass!

Nope, just Roy.

VF-1J 1-48 firing.jpg

Armored VF-1J 1-48.jpg

VF-1J low vis 1-48 firing.jpg

post-48-1197649399.jpg

Awesome! :wub:

21 minutes ago, RDX17 said:

Looks like the next HMR release has been announced, and it's not Macross: Xabungle

item_0000011737_P3N0Sxar_03.jpg?wovn=en

A bit bummed...

We already know that. As a matter of fact, there's already a dedicated thread for Hi-Metal R Xabungle. ;)

Anything NON-Macross stuff should be posted in the Anime or Science Fiction section.

18 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

We already know that. As a matter of fact, there's already a dedicated thread for Hi-Metal R Xabungle. ;)

Anything NON-Macross stuff should be posted in the Anime or Science Fiction section.

Ah! Well then...nevermind. Thanks for that n03Ljm. Much appreciated!

Still bummed though, as the wait for the next Macross HMR release continues.

Edited by RDX17

8 minutes ago, RDX17 said:

Ah! Well then...nevermind. Thanks for that n03Ljm. Much appreciated!

Still bummed though, as the wait for the next Macross HMR release continues.

No worries sir. ;) 

I'm really not into the Hi-Metal R line but I really do appreciate Bandai for making effort on looking back on all those cool mechas from the 80's. It's the reason why I'm into those Robot Damashii Dunbines and L-Gaims. And for sure if they decided on making their own Votoms series either from RD or HMR, I will probably get some. If budget only permits, I will probably buy the Dougrams since they already announced Soltic and this upcoming Xabungle figure because for sure in a couple of months they will announce Walker Gallia too. :)

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

What are the chances of securing a milia on/after release? I missed the p.o.  

I'd say your chances are pretty good, as long as you do so within a few days-weeks of release.  It's very possible that N-Y will have some stock available, at MSRP if you're lucky, or more likely with a mark-up; then, there is eBay, etc...

8 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

What are the chances of securing a milia on/after release? I missed the p.o.  

Make sure you enter your email add in NY's notification. Most of the time, based on my exoerience, they will send out email saying the item is available again days before and after it gets released. So there's a 70% chance that you can get it after release. Don't lose hope. ;)

58 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Make sure you enter your email add in NY's notification. Most of the time, based on my exoerience, they will send out email saying the item is available again days before and after it gets released. So there's a 70% chance that you can get it after release. Don't lose hope. ;)

Will do, thanks!  I added it to my figinstock notifications as well.

11 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Will do, thanks!  I added it to my figinstock notifications as well.

Cool! Just make sure to wear all the time your computer and smartphone so that you will get the notifications instantly. ;) 

4 minutes ago, Tober said:

Are there any announced HMR Macross releases past the Spartan in May?

None so far. Maybe Bandai's nice enough to give people enough time to inflate their wallets again before bombard us again with future announcements. ;) 

33 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

None so far. Maybe Bandai's nice enough to give people enough time to inflate their wallets again before bombard us again with future announcements. ;) 

Cool, thanks. Although I don't mind taking a few wallet hits for new Hi-Metal molds. :)

1 hour ago, MAC-X said:

If I remember correctly, figinstock does not support NY alert.....

No it doesn't! I don't see a place to sign up for notification on the milia product page either. 

Was able to setup a notification for big in Japan though. 

On 2/28/2017 at 10:54 AM, vlenhoff said:

I'll see what I have time for.  Transforming them alone takes time.  B))

In the meantime are any of these older pics workable?

gallery_21587_791_686753.jpg

gallery_21587_791_45388.jpg

On 3/1/2017 at 11:01 PM, sh9000 said:

Honestly, it is not a good picture to work with. There is little contrast with the background, so selecting the planes was a nightmare. There is not a defined light source, so it is hard to make it look like they are in space. Also the resolution was too low. This is all i could do with it... for now. I did have some fun with it though :) If you noticed, i had to redo every cockpit.

sh9000c.jpg

or

sh9000b.jpg

Edited by vlenhoff

43 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Honestly, it is not a good picture to work with. There is little contrast with the background, so selecting the planes was a nightmare. There is not a defined light source, so it is hard to make it look like they are in space. Also the resolution was too low. This is all i could do with it... for now. I did have some fun with it though :)

sh9000.jpg

or

sh9000b.jpg

Cool!

These stands and figures can be finicky, especially when working in a cramped space but they are still a lot of fun!

Macross_DSC04910_zpsmksbgcar.jpg

Poor lighting but it was the best I could do late at night.

Also, while messing around with the figures, I noticed 1S Roy didn't come with covers for the upper shoulder area...is this correct or did I just miss them?

Edited by Slave IV

On 3/1/2017 at 9:01 PM, sh9000 said:

gallery_21587_791_45388.jpg

Looking at this number of Valks... you can do this next. ;)

Loyu9Ia.jpg

^ ^ ^ I was thinking about that too JVMacross, except i am missing Saturn's rings ^ ^ ^  That's a nice cell from that episode!

No3Ljm, great idea, and/or collection, BUT, same problem with this picture. Too far and not contrasting enough. I prefer a picture shot in black, blue or green background with good focus, lighting and resolution. Also a solid source or light. One light is enough, in a very dark environment.

Edited by vlenhoff