Hi-Metal R

joppewo

The green looks cool too.  ^_^

large.IMG_2412.JPG.7f230559e7c178105d4f6

Got the HM VF-19 Fire Valkyrie just to accompany the Blazer.  It came sealed.

large.IMG_2413.JPG.bad786b30390854c0b27e

Sticker sheet intact for the VF-1 Super Parts.  I'll try to work on my HMR DYRL VF-1A's this weekend.

1 hour ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

Does anybody knows if NY can be asked NOT to send an invoice with the package or estate a lower total value? I'm considering sending my Spartans directly to my place and taxes on chinese products here are crazy high.

I can confirm this.  NY will understate the value of your object.

7 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Cool - more customs! How do you plan to handle the colored heat shields? 

Also, how hard is it to remove the head on a HMR VF-1? Have you ever tried swapping heads with an original Hi Metal?

Thanks.  I'm going to paint the heatshields.  The HMR VF-1S and Armored VF-1J head can easily just be pulled off the torso as the head and neck are connected.  The HMR VF-1J Hikaru, VF-1J Max, and CF VF-1A neck pegs are a little more difficult to pull off.  I've only been swapping heads with other HMR VF-1's.

8 hours ago, sh9000 said:

IMG_2465.thumb.JPG.e12b7bccd085bd9fc264da207ad40d2e.JPG

Just checking something out.  Swapped arms, hands, shoulders, and legs.

Interesting. You know, when you first mentioned doing a TV Max, I was wondering to myself if using the legs and arms from the HMR Max 1J might get you farther along. It looks to me like it does, except that the whites don't match.

9 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Interesting. You know, when you first mentioned doing a TV Max, I was wondering to myself if using the legs and arms from the HMR Max 1J might get you farther along. It looks to me like it does, except that the whites don't match.

Nah. I say it matches perfectly. ;)

IMG_2465.thumb.jpg.875190520cd872a2527dd91de8c1fbe9.jpg

Looking good. Just gotta paint the shoulders, tip of the tail fins, and upper thigh area blue, upper arms and mid thigh/kneecap white, delete the red stripe,  flip the colors of the small fins on the legs, and delete the yellow.