Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I don't think they will ever re-release the Armored VF-1J, at least not in the same form as the first release. They have improved upon the mold for the head unit on the 1J since then so if they do make another Armored 1J, it'll probably use the newer head mold instead. They might also include a unique version of the collar cover piece that can be placed when the armor's on.

Edited by ArchieNov

1 hour ago, General Rasp said:

I am hoping they do the GBP with that dark colored valk and some GBP missile effects to go with it. 

Me too. I was thinking it would give me the option to combine the armor with the Hikaru 1J I already have. And the dark blue 1A is a really cool variant, I think.

As far as future releases, would it be more likely that Bandai would produce something they have already teased before something they haven't?

4 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

As far as future releases, would it be more likely that Bandai would produce something they have already teased before something they haven't?

I think that depends,  for some items they may just be showing fun customs, particularly VF1 items. I wouldn't really expect them to do the dark blue and red VF1 that was in the animation for like 2 seconds over Hikaru's DYRL VF1A.

Another 1J GBP at this point would be pushing it too much from the commercial standpoint, IMHO. We already have the DYRL version (with wrong colored TV missile tips) and the standalone TV Hikaru. Both too similar products to add yet a third red stripped VF-1j.

I'm more into SDFM myself but I'm happy I got the DYRL version of the GBP. That's a good enough TV version for me. 

On 1/30/2017 at 4:03 AM, ArchieNov said:

I don't think they will ever re-release the Armored VF-1J, at least not in the same form as the first release. They have improved upon the mold for the head unit on the 1J since then so if they do make another Armored 1J, it'll probably use the newer head mold instead. They might also include a unique version of the collar cover piece that can be placed when the armor's on.

Yeah I think a TV Armored VF-1J is possible.  It was even on the voting list.  Bandai can milk the mold with a slightly different box, different colored armor, missile tips, and the new head.  It can be a TWE if not everybody wants it.

22 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Sweet! What Regults are those? Revo?

Thanks!  The Toynami Regults are my DYRL Regults for now.  I still hope maybe Bandai releases TWE DYRL Regults.

5 hours ago, aaajin said:

gwyn posted these on facebook (in Akibhabara) :

16463233_10154152820946296_1063247421886939418_o.thumb.jpg.6bd0f0a152644aab3f58cc8ebfaac01e.jpg

From the looks of the shoulder missiles doors hinges, it seems like they're fixed pose aka swappable between open/closed positions. Maybe the hinges are too small/fragile? EDITED : Also, missles covers seems to be moulded onto the thighs...

Edited by aaajin

10 hours ago, sh9000 said:

The missile doors are most likely designed like the GBP where they pull out first and then open up.

Sorry I meant the missiles launcher doors (that 6 x red missiles) that sits behind/on the right shoulder. Not the shoulder missiles bays This is starting to get confusing, so here's the picture of what I was referring to. Doors do not seem to have any hinges.

170205_015545.thumb.png.54b70c652a128f078bcf21e1007f0697.png

6 hours ago, jenius said:

Are the things on the thighs missile covers? I thought they were heat syncs but maybe that's battletech.

I might need to check my Yamatos. Pretty sure theyre removable, but cant remember if they have hinges/missiles.

Reluctant to touch my displayed destroids due to their loose torso. So I checked your site 1st but it was not mentioned .. oh well ..

Edited by aaajin

if I didn't mention it that leads me to believe there's nothing to them. I think they're removable just because some destroids have them and others don't (or the shape is different, can't recall) but I don't think they were weaponry or had gimmicks. 

10 minutes ago, jenius said:

if I didn't mention it that leads me to believe there's nothing to them. I think they're removable just because some destroids have them and others don't (or the shape is different, can't recall) but I don't think they were weaponry or had gimmicks. 

Yea I guess youre right, they were removable but no hinges or missiles. My memory is rusty, the last time I handled my Yamato was 2 years back. Anyways, the doors on the 6 x red missiles launcher do not seem to have hinges.

14 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Can't wait for the Draken. ;) 

March for Draken. Draken for March. Now repeat after me. :lol: 

Draken march ...DRAKEN MARCH...

Man.... I can only imagine someone stop-motion animating his HMR army marching in a parade to this beat...

Edited by seti88