Hi-Metal R

joppewo

That's a real pity. I was actually in Tokyo at the time of Max's release so I could just drop into a store and pick it up on the day of release. Looks like them being a web exclusive, even if I was still there I wouldn't even be able to easily pick it up in stores.

2nd hand stores at a massive mark up is something else altogether, which also makes them may or may not worth it.

13 minutes ago, Strumvogel said:

That's a real pity. I was actually in Tokyo at the time of Max's release so I could just drop into a store and pick it up on the day of release. Looks like them being a web exclusive, even if I was still there I wouldn't even be able to easily pick it up in stores.

2nd hand stores at a massive mark up is something else altogether, which also makes them may or may not worth it.

Max was not an exclusive, just Milia and her Valk hasn't been released yet.

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Max was not an exclusive, just Milia and her Valk hasn't been released yet.

Yeah, I meant Milia and the missile set being the web exclusives. Doesn't that mean they're less likely to turn up in regular stores?

I knew Max was a normal release which happen to fall on the time I was visiting the country, which was why I didn't bother to pre-order it since I could personally pick it up on the day. 

Mlilia and the missile set I didn't even know was coming out until I was there. I couldn't find listings for it from the usual online stores I use for a while until I found out about Bandai's own premium series and by which time they closed the pre-orders.

Well, that's just the way it goes I guess.

48 minutes ago, Strumvogel said:

Yeah, I meant Milia and the missile set being the web exclusives. Doesn't that mean they're less likely to turn up in regular stores?

I knew Max was a normal release which happen to fall on the time I was visiting the country, which was why I didn't bother to pre-order it since I could personally pick it up on the day. 

Mlilia and the missile set I didn't even know was coming out until I was there. I couldn't find listings for it from the usual online stores I use for a while until I found out about Bandai's own premium series and by which time they closed the pre-orders.

Well, that's just the way it goes I guess.

Because its a web exclusive most stores wont carry them.   Unless they are a proxy store or provides proxy services .  Nippon-yasan always order more to sell later so setup a notifications on their item page and they will email you once they have more instock .  Their price will go up a tiny bit on release , and will slowly climb depending on demand.  Nin-nin- games and MyKombini should have extras on release too .

11 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Armored CF 1A would be sweet. I have been wanting to get an armored VF-1, but missed the first one and can't find it for a reasonable price anywhere. I'm really hoping Bandai will end up releasing the armored 1A they teased a couple of months ago, which also resembles the Cavaliers to an extent.

Yeah I'll buy that Amored VF-1A.  That VF-1A would be easier to customize into a Cavaliers as well.

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Ooh-la-la. :wub: 

So you're saying sh9000 is just lucky on getting an extra Armored VF-1J.

Yeah it looks cool.  

Probably luck.

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Speaking of exclusives, did anyone who ordered the Roy 1S exclusive from the recent HLJ sale get the stand included? I know it was originally in a separate box but could they have smartened up and included it in the main box like they did for Max?

My package from HLJ should be coming Friday so I'll find out.

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Speaking of exclusives, did anyone who ordered the Roy 1S exclusive from the recent HLJ sale get the stand included? I know it was originally in a separate box but could they have smartened up and included it in the main box like they did for Max?

My friend who was with me on that trip picked up his Roy S1 + stand together at a 2nd hand store and they were in separate box. Then again, maybe the shop had them separately and decided to throw them together to help make move along. How many times did they release the Roy S1 in Hi-Metal R?

Anyone have a good. reliable way to order P-bandai?  I'm not in a rush,

After what they did with Milia's Valk, I suspect that if they make the VT-1 super ostrich, or VE-1 Elint Seeker, they'll make one, if not both of them P-bandai. I need to get ready. might take creating an account and working on getting a credit card that works in Japan. I dunno how to do it yet.

I am a bit late on the boat for these and have been scrambling to get what I can for reasonable enough prices, not that it is cheap mind you.

will there be more Armored GBP and Strike Valkyries released does anyone know so that they can be picked up for normal prices.?

31 minutes ago, GianS said:

I am a bit late on the boat for these and have been scrambling to get what I can for reasonable enough prices, not that it is cheap mind you.

will there be more Armored GBP and Strike Valkyries released does anyone know so that they can be picked up for normal prices.?

at this point, there was no reissue of any hi-meta R product.  They might release a ARMORED GBP in different color in the future.   If they do , you will see the news on this thread before preorder starts.  I don't see another strike Valkyrie for quite a long while.  Maybe a standalone super/strike pack as a web exclusives.

Edited by F360

I agree, we'll probably get a "TV GBP + Hikaru" release that will be the GBP parts with a slightly brighter blue and a reissue of the Hikaru VF-1J with a gray visor (and blue canopy) before we'll see a reissue of the first version of the GBP. I also think we'll get the DYRL VF-1A toys as Tamashii exclusives with separate super/strike parts just like last time.