Hi-Metal R

joppewo

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Me. I'm actually waiting for all the Destroids stocks to run out so I can regret later so I can punish myself. :lol: I really wanted to have these Destroids since I didn't have any before. But I just don't want to start a whole new line. :unsure:

Oh come on ... there is no "harm" dedicating one shelf in the display cabinet for the HMR releases ... all it takes is just. one. baby. step and....

4 hours ago, Duymon said:

It will be the start down a slippery slope.

I ordered 5 Spartans so far and have bought a lot of HMR in total to help and support the line.  I don't think the sales of the Spartan will determine the other Destroid releases.

Bandai, feel free to send me free samples.  :D

Best SDFM toyline ever!

Edited by sh9000

I like the markings painted on. Even if it's the same number, I hate stickers so much that the print is a real selling point for this line.

Maybe have the red piece with a different number being remove able and swapping due to a simpler design than a  Valkyrie. 

3 hours ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

I'm under the impression that Bandai started with the Spartan because they know is commercially the weakest of all the Destroids and they can make up for it with the other three if doesn't do great, so I'm glad they went that route. I'm not sure we would have a Spartan is they saved it for last like Yamato did.

You beat me to it, this was my thinking as well. The Tomahawk, Defender & Phalanx will be much better at sales. For me I love the Spartan, will pick one or two up very shortly! 

5 hours ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

I'm under the impression that Bandai started with the Spartan because they know is commercially the weakest of all the Destroids and they can make up for it with the other three if doesn't do great, so I'm glad they went that route. I'm not sure we would have a Spartan is they saved it for last like Yamato did.

Bandai started with the Destroid Monster.....and I'm really glad Bandai was crazy enough to release that Destroid first! ^_^  The rest will come....maybe one will be a websclusive...but I am hoping this one is the websclusive.....

destroid-phalanx-blue.jpg

With next to no competition in SDFM/DYRL toys this time around, Bandai should milk the VF-1 and Destroid molds as much as possible.  I'd still want an official HMR DYRL Regult maybe as a TWE.  I'd buy that Phalanx as a TWE.  Even an Orguss Valkyrie as a TWE to add to the scene.

5 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

With next to no competition in SDFM/DYRL toys this time around, Bandai should milk the VF-1 and Destroid molds as much as possible.  I'd still want an official HMR DYRL Regult maybe as a TWE.  I'd buy that Phalanx as a TWE.  Even an Orguss Valkyrie as a TWE to add to the scene.

Wait. You have 1/100 scale SDF-1 Macross side port to load those gunners? That I got to see. ^_^

16 hours ago, Big s said:

I like the markings painted on. Even if it's the same number, I hate stickers so much that the print is a real selling point for this line.

Maybe have the red piece with a different number being remove able and swapping due to a simpler design than a  Valkyrie. 

+1.  Masterpiece bumblebee did this.  The insignia was rotatable, and there was a tampo on one side, but you could rotate it and a blank painted side for the decal of your choice

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Bandai started with the Destroid Monster.....and I'm really glad Bandai was crazy enough to release that Destroid first! ^_^  The rest will come....maybe one will be a websclusive...but I am hoping this one is the websclusive.....

destroid-phalanx-blue.jpg

Hope the phalanx will be released as a set with Tomahawk & Defender. It makes perfect business sense for Bandai. They can increase destroid sales by combining the pool of fans who prefer specific destroid(s), and the fact that theyre essentially the same from the waist down means they can reuse the same molds for all three designs to reduce tooling costs.

It's bandai, it will all be separate due to what they consider smart business sense. 

A triple pack would be great, but it ain't gonna happen. They love doing a release of an item with similar parts and causing the buyer to buy a whole new item just for a slight difference.

19 hours ago, aaajin said:

Hope the phalanx will be released as a set with Tomahawk & Defender. It makes perfect business sense for Bandai. They can increase destroid sales by combining the pool of fans who prefer specific destroid(s), and the fact that theyre essentially the same from the waist down means they can reuse the same molds for all three designs to reduce tooling costs.

No sets please.  Not everyone would want the same number of each Destroid.  A set of 3 will also affect the shipping weight and size.  If they decides to use a big box that's close to 90cm in dimension, it will no longer allow Sal small packet shipping.  You will be stuck with ems or sal parcel which both is much more expensive.