Hi-Metal R

joppewo

51 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Not at all, sir. I think ordering multiples will save a little. You can compare this shipping cost using their virtual shipping calculator. But as of now, I can't say that it's 100% accurate since they've asked additional shipping cost from the HMR Roy and the recent DX 31J.

Right. Let's hope the shipping fee stays as is. IIRC, the change in Roy's was due to them not taking the extra stand box into account. I don't know what was the issue with the DX 31, since I'm not into Delta.

Does NY still take requests to lower declared value amounts for people paying import taxes? I think you had to email customer service to request it.

I doesn't actually affect me, just asking on behalf of others as I recall it helped with 'cost relief'...

6 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Can you cancel from amiami with no reprecussions? I thought they didn't allow it.

I'll give you my experience with that. Amiami doesn't in general allow cancellation but they did allow me to cancel multiple times because I first informed them 3 months in advance. But I got a warning that if I keep on doing this, I would no longer be given priority when I pre-order their items.

If you order and then ignore payment requests, I think it's but natural that they would ignore future orders.

1 hour ago, Tober said:

Does NY still take requests to lower declared value amounts for people paying import taxes? I think you had to email customer service to request it.

I doesn't actually affect me, just asking on behalf of others as I recall it helped with 'cost relief'...

They seem to do it automatically for all orders, even when I specifically request for the actual value to be declared (for insurance reasons).

Edited by IXTL

25 minutes ago, arbit said:

Really happy about the Spartan. Gutsy move by Bandai.

Although I was hoping they would switch to a darker shade of military green, rather than the pea green.

Hmmm. Anime color accuracy? ;) Lots of people here will get mad if they don't follow it. (Looking at Max and Millia's 1J's) :lol:

For anyone wondering I wrote to Amiami to cancel the Spartans just to be safe and also apologized.  They cancelled the Spartans without a problem and said excessive cancellations would lead to possible cancellations of all orders or account closure.  I've been a long time customer and have cancelled other items in the past.  YMMV.

If anyone is still looking for Spartans, they are up for Pre-Order at Nin-Nin-Game.

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-figures-pre-order/22120-the-super-dimension-fortress-macross-mbr-07-mkii-destroid-spartan-hi-metal-r--4549660128533.html

Not sure if the pricing of this is good or not since I am not in the market for them.

I have ordered with them before (but not for pre-order) and thus far I am satisfied with their services. They have made mistakes with some of my orders but so far they have provided excellent customer support and resolved any issues I had with my orders.

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

For anyone wondering I wrote to Amiami to cancel the Spartans just to be safe and also apologized.  They cancelled the Spartans without a problem and said excessive cancellations would lead to possible cancellations of all orders or account closure.  I've been a long time customer and have cancelled other items in the past.  YMMV.

True. And I have to search what's YYMV means. Hehehe. :lol: Thanks for clarifying that, sh9000. And probably that's also the reason why they let me go with that one time. ^_^ 

So friends & forumers, the point here is that, even if they did allow one or two cancellations if you asked or emailed them nicely, be sure that it's not going to be a habit afterwards which you can do it from time to time every time you see better price somewhere else. Let's always practice to respect their policies all the time. If you don't want to follow their policies and you always want to have that option to cancel, then just stick with HLJ. Because if you're just going to cancel afterwards, then that said item whether it's on preorder or in-stock, belongs to someone who doesn't mind paying the posted price.

Now, don't think of me that I'm dictating or preaching everyone to follow rules. It's just that I do understand everyone's concern when it comes to budget and money. And we always want to pay as lower as possible. Me included. But remember, this is not Target, this is not Walmart, this is not Costco, this is not Amazon, in which we can cancel or return purchased items if we want to all the time. And as far as I know, there's still countries that abide the No Return No Exchange rules. They're just specialty stores (which means they're not a big corporation) that sells expensive toys. They're the only place we can get our collectibles so it wouldn't hurt to follow their rules, right? ;) 

Just sharing my two cents.

6 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks for the details. Again, it's what I figured and I have similar experiences. I think these companies are all reasonable and want to keep our business so as long as you are reasonable and polite with them, they will probably work with you. I ordered one from amiami and also from NY but I'll just keep my order with amiami too. Can't have too many HMRs, right sh9000?;)

Yay new stuff!  Placed one on PO with HLJ and now I'll just hope to see them go on sale after release.  If so, will probably get one or 2 more, depending on how this one turns out.  I think I still have an old EXO-Squad release Gladiator in a box somewhere, lol.

3 hours ago, ZorClone said:

Yay new stuff!  Placed one on PO with HLJ and now I'll just hope to see them go on sale after release.  If so, will probably get one or 2 more, depending on how this one turns out.  I think I still have an old EXO-Squad release Gladiator in a box somewhere, lol.

I can't wait for Jenius' comparison review.

21 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

So friends & forumers, the point here is that, even if they did allow one or two cancellations if you asked or emailed them nicely, be sure that it's not going to be a habit afterwards which you can do it from time to time every time you see better price somewhere else. Let's always practice to respect their policies all the time. If you don't want to follow their policies and you always want to have that option to cancel, then just stick with HLJ. Because if you're just going to cancel afterwards, then that said item whether it's on preorder or in-stock, belongs to someone who doesn't mind paying the posted price.

Now, don't think of me that I'm dictating or preaching everyone to follow rules. It's just that I do understand everyone's concern when it comes to budget and money. And we always want to pay as lower as possible. Me included. But remember, this is not Target, this is not Walmart, this is not Costco, this is not Amazon, in which we can cancel or return purchased items if we want to all the time. And as far as I know, there's still countries that abide the No Return No Exchange rules. They're just specialty stores (which means they're not a big corporation) that sells expensive toys. They're the only place we can get our collectibles so it wouldn't hurt to follow their rules, right? ;) 

Just sharing my two cents.

Well said. Thanks.

14 hours ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

I can't wait for Jenius' comparison review.

Oh that might be tough... I'll be in the last few months of my master's program so things might slow way down... it'll happen eventually and I'll try to make it worth the wait. 

12 hours ago, jenius said:

Oh that might be tough... I'll be in the last few months of my master's program so things might slow way down... it'll happen eventually and I'll try to make it worth the wait. 

Sweet! Take your time. Actually I was being sarcastic since I just saw your Matchbox Destroids review and man were those lame toys! But if you're willing to give it a shot, I'll be delighted.  

The Spartan sold out at NY.  I wonder what was their limit per customer.  6, 10, unlimited?  I'll most likely buy the squad of Tomahawks, Defenders, and Phalanxs from NY if they sell them the same way.

Edited by sh9000

7 hours ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

Sweet! Take your time. Actually I was being sarcastic since I just saw your Matchbox Destroids review and man were those lame toys! But if you're willing to give it a shot, I'll be delighted.  

Were those Matchbox versions repurposed? I mean, made for Japan or by Takatoku then re labelled for international release by Matchbox? I'm technically more of a TF guy than macross.

On 1/10/2017 at 7:37 PM, aaajin said:

Having fun with HMR CF. The "Don't shoot! I give up! *But still shoots afterwards* " pose

Pulling Ivanov's move with a CF

*snips*

Nice. I'm starting to appreciate the playability of this line by looking at everyone's photos here. Which we can't do on our 1/60 line. But that doesn't mean that I will branch myself out. Hehehe. ^_^ 

On 1/11/2017 at 6:38 AM, ArchieNov said:

Well said. Thanks.

You're welcome, Archie. ;) Nothing biggie actually. I was just trying to share my thoughts on being rational for things like this. Especially when hobby is involved. Hehehe. :lol: 

4 hours ago, Mommar said:

I decided to only get a single Spartan.  I was never the biggest fan of that Destroid.  I wonder if Bandai's wiz-bang implementation of  Mechs will make me regret that decision.

Me. I'm actually waiting for all the Destroids stocks to run out so I can regret later so I can punish myself. :lol: I really wanted to have these Destroids since I didn't have any before. But I just don't want to start a whole new line. :unsure:

I resisted the HMR line for as long as I could but broke with the Regult and had to have a valk so got a VF-1S Roy...Now I have everything since on hand or ordered and my regret is missing out on the Armored 1J and Hikaru 1S. It's not going to replace my 1/60 and bigger figures but no other line is as complete in terms of valks and opposing/supporting mechs.

30 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I resisted the HMR line for as long as I could but broke with the Regult and had to have a valk so got a VF-1S Roy...Now I have everything since on hand or ordered and my regret is missing out on the Armored 1J and Hikaru 1S. It's not going to replace my 1/60 and bigger figures but no other line is as complete in terms of valks and opposing/supporting mechs.

^ This... worry me so much. :unsure:

Now. Should I get only the Destroids and the Zentraedi Mechs? Hmmm. :help:

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

It will be the start down a slippery slope.

One day you'll cave in and buy that Random VF-1 on sale and then you'll be like.. "he needs friends"

Then wallets will scream in agony

I'm all about enemy and support mecha when it comes to HM-R's. Kinda bored of the VF-1's and the 1/60's are insuperable. That said, I'm getting every VF-1 in this line, because what's the point of having all those baddies and support mecha if they don't have them to fight and support? I'm planning to build a diorama with this figures eventually and it'd look empty without the VF-1's.  

8 hours ago, fenrir72 said:

Were those Matchbox versions repurposed? I mean, made for Japan or by Takatoku then re labelled for international release by Matchbox? I'm technically more of a TF guy than macross.

Those are one of the examples of a pure Matchbox toy... at least to my knowledge. 

55 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

50 minutes ago, Duymon said:

It will be the start down a slippery slope.

One day you'll cave in and buy that Random VF-1 on sale and then you'll be like.. "he needs friends"

Then wallets will scream in agony

24 minutes ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

I'm all about enemy and support mecha when it comes to HM-R's. Kinda bored of the VF-1's and the 1/60's are insuperable. That said, I'm getting every VF-1 in this line, because what's the point of having all those baddies and support mecha if they don't have them to fight and support? I'm planning to build a diorama with this figures eventually and it'd look empty without the VF-1's.  

Yeah, no point in scaled Zentradi and Destroids with no Valks. Just give in now...:p

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Me. I'm actually waiting for all the Destroids stocks to run out so I can regret later so I can punish myself. :lol: I really wanted to have these Destroids since I didn't have any before. But I just don't want to start a whole new line. :unsure:

Think of it as just adding more Macross to your collection.....

Do you really want to miss out on the most complete "in scale" SDFM collection ever made or ever will be made?   :rolleyes:

HI-METAL+R+Destroid+Tomahawk+image+00.jp   

HI-METAL+R+Destroid+Phalanx+2+image+00.j

CdP7qnrUEAAcmx-.jpg

CdP7qqXUEAA07rz.jpg

m53.jpg

And I won't even get started on these...well, maybe just a little.....

361188.jpg

m58.jpg

m64.jpg

IMG_3354.jpg

m08.jpg

:p

Edited by jvmacross

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Think of it as just adding more Macross to your collection.....

Do you really want to miss out on the most complete "in scale" SDFM collection ever made or ever will be made?   :rolleyes:

HI-METAL+R+Destroid+Tomahawk+image+00.jp   

HI-METAL+R+Destroid+Phalanx+2+image+00.j

CdP7qnrUEAAcmx-.jpg

CdP7qqXUEAA07rz.jpg

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. If the spartan bombs, Bandai might not continue with the rest of the destroids.

3 hours ago, Duymon said:

LoL! OMG that is so true!

"People need to see the beauty of all three modes..."  and ... BAM! 3 valks down the line