Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I got my Roy VF1S today :D ...looking forward to the photo shoot on the weekend.

Now a Hikky is not a must-have for me, but I'll probably think about it seriously next year when Milia is out. (Can you release new stock Bandai? Please? Haha) Maybe the reason I'm not so hot on Hikaru is that he's not an ace pilot. I mean he's a good pilot but his exploits aren't on the same level as Roy and M&M.

By the way the Max on HLJ is now Low Stock so those who haven't got him yet better hurry.

I got my Roy VF1S today :D ...looking forward to the photo shoot on the weekend.

Now a Hikky is not a must-have for me, but I'll probably think about it seriously next year when Milia is out. (Can you release new stock Bandai? Please? Haha) Maybe the reason I'm not so hot on Hikaru is that he's not an ace pilot. I mean he's a good pilot but his exploits aren't on the same level as Roy and M&M.

By the way the Max on HLJ is now Low Stock so those who haven't got him yet better hurry.

I think Hikaru would classify as an ace, especially how he handled himself in the last attack against Bidolza. But I agree that he is outclassed by Max and the other better ace pilots. Kinda like how Amuro makes Char look like a chump. Or how Max made Millia look like a fool (in real combat, in the arcades, and in hand to hand). He wasn't even fighting her seriously the entire time and was mostly thinking about how he can date her. Edited by ArchieNov

And since you have a CF VF-1A coming in, it'll be gappy like your vf-1J max too :p

attachicon.gif2d982906.jpg

j/k , moving the knee/ leg a bit back should fix that.

Yup, and now the "UN SPACY" print on the side of the leg looks like it's crookedly printed...

Edited by Bub

It can, yeah. The neck piece pegs into that hinged piece and rotates around on that peg, and that piece has a balljoint that the head itself pops onto. The balljoint is not centered on top of the peg, and that's what gives you that extra bit of backwards positioning to get the head in position in fighter mode. Hopefully it makes sense and you get yours lined up right!

Thanks Atheonyirh. Been away from this forum. It works!

Got my second VF-1A CF and VF-1J Max in today. Max had a bit of black paint on the forearm that shouldn't have been there, but it's small and its Max so it's not as if the FAST Packs are coming off for it to be seen. The second VF-1A was just as flawless as the first, too.

My point of confusion is that it was mentioned that the VF-1As come with the fighter mode stand adapter meant for FAST Pack equipped valks, and this definitely shows. How the hell am I supposed to attach it with the gun pod on? It doesn't seem possible without risking breaking something. I just resorted to putting it on and sliding the gunpod into the cradle and considered that good enough given the way its set up has the top of the fighter mode to me anyways. It's not like you can put the adapter on THEN slide the gun pod into place properly, and putting the gun pod on first seems to just result in the front of the adapter not being able to clear the gunpod and settle into place. Am I missing something, or is the way I finally settled for about as good as it gets?

Where are you getting the heads from? Especially 1D, as no HMR exists (yet!)

Swapping heads with a spare VF-1S Roy and CF VF-1A. Going to make a DYRL VF-1A Max as well. The VF-1D head will be from a model kit.