Hi-Metal R

joppewo

The tapering side of the neck joint should be facing the same direction as the face. The whole part is somewhat offcenter from the peg that connects it to the hinge, so when the head sits on it properly and you have it rotated forward for fighter mode the head nestles in between the forks of the leg bar and the whole thing can tilt inward to get the visor flush. I think my efforts to roll the head around to get it through the gap during transformation ended up rotating the whole neck assembly to sit backwards, that or it was put on backwards. Not sure which, honestly. If that doesn't help I'll grab a picture or two.

I thought the neck couldn't rotate 180 degrees. I've been rotating the head itself. I'll try it again. Thanks

Sorry about the crappy lighting.

A quick pic. Modern Vs vintage Takatoku Sofubi, nearly identical right?! .(Love Sofubis, granted, they don't transform, but you can drop them without having a heart attack, they have the 'VF' on the legs AND you can play with them in the bath..priceless 😁)

post-27197-0-96035500-1479868342_thumb.jpg

They'd be cheaper than the chogokins at least.

I think there is a high probability we will see Frontier HMR. But we need to concentrate on SDF now. Bend Bandai to our will.

I thought the neck couldn't rotate 180 degrees. I've been rotating the head itself. I'll try it again. Thanks

It can, yeah. The neck piece pegs into that hinged piece and rotates around on that peg, and that piece has a balljoint that the head itself pops onto. The balljoint is not centered on top of the peg, and that's what gives you that extra bit of backwards positioning to get the head in position in fighter mode. Hopefully it makes sense and you get yours lined up right!

I think there is a high probability we will see Frontier HMR. But we need to concentrate on SDF now. Bend Bandai to our will.

True. Getting the Destroids done, the Zentradi/Meltradi power armors, and a few more valks to finish things out would be nice. That and actually releasing separate FAST Packs at some point. I just wouldn't mind getting Macross Plus and Frontier valks in the same scale. Hell, Macross Zero too why not. SV-51s and VF-0s for everybody.

I agree that Bandai should make more TV version VFs, and the 1S and 1D are at the top of my list also. As I mentioned before, I really hope a future TV 1S comes with both Focker and Hikaru pilots, as well as super parts.

Additional 1A variants would be great. I'm curious to see how sh9000's custom TV 1A Max comes out...

I'll get to my TV 1A Max when I get the chance. The chest plate is now white with no more red paint stripe. Removing the red paint is taking time. Painting it blue should be pretty easy.

Just saw these pics. Damn that's Hi-Metal R-some!

post-21587-0-27307900-1479919316_thumb.jpg

post-21587-0-17056800-1479919325_thumb.jpg

I'll get to my TV 1A Max when I get the chance. The chest plate is now white with no more red paint stripe. Removing the red paint is taking time. Painting it blue should be pretty easy.

Just saw these pics. Damn that's Hi-Metal R-some!

IMG_1679.JPG

IMG_1680.JPG

oh my god that's beautiful. the panel lines and that painting!!

i would love it if i could commission someone to do mine like that. ill pay!

Right now, I'm really hoping we get the Quaedluun-Rau (TV), Tomahawk, Defender, Phalanx & Spartan next instead of more VF-1 releases. Having those listed/shown as coming out (FINALLY) in this line is why I got into this line in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I'm down for a VF-1D, VE-1, VT-1 and TV versions of Roy 1S Max 1A & Kakizaki 1A as soon as they go on sale. But to date we have SIX VF-1 releases and only 3 other mecha. And given the last 4 releases are all VF-1, I'm really itching for something else.

Right now, I'm really hoping we get the Quaedluun-Rau (TV), Tomahawk, Defender, Phalanx & Spartan next instead of more VF-1 releases. Having those listed/shown as coming out (FINALLY) in this line is why I got into this line in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I'm down for a VF-1D, VE-1, VT-1 and TV versions of Roy 1S Max 1A & Kakizaki 1A as soon as they go on sale. But to date we have SIX VF-1 releases and only 3 other mecha. And given the last 4 releases are all VF-1, I'm really itching for something else.

Yeah exactly lets mix it up a bit before releasing another vf-1.

The Frontier valks were already released in the Robot Damashii/Robot Spirits line.

I don't think they sold well (or at all). They were shelfwarmed and bargain-binned at 700y or even less so back in the day.

The Frontier valks were already released in the Robot Damashii/Robot Spirits line.

I don't think they sold well (or at all). They were shelfwarmed and bargain-binned at 700y or even less so back in the day.

Those also weren't transformable though. I feel Bandai could make some excellent Hi-Metal R Frontier stuff if they really wanted too. There were also those crappy VF100 parts forming Frontier valks, also meh, also shelf warmed and were sold for cheap, but once again neither of those lines were Hi-Metal R.

Those also weren't transformable though. I feel Bandai could make some excellent Hi-Metal R Frontier stuff if they really wanted too. There were also those crappy VF100 parts forming Frontier valks, also meh, also shelf warmed and were sold for cheap, but once again neither of those lines were Hi-Metal R.

It'll be interesting if Bandai revisits the small-scale/non-DX Frontier valks. I think a transformation-capable VF-25 and others will be a bit more complicated in the HM-R scale compared to the current VF-1.

I don't recall Bandai showing any teasers of Frontier-valks in the HM-R line like they did with the VF-2SS and others in the past Tamashii Events as of yet.

Don't forget some S.H. Figuarts Zentran/Meltran characters and foot soldiers. We need those too. Kamjin needs several facial expressions.

Actually, while I'm thinking about it.. I wouldn't mind S.H. Figuarts figures of the human characters too. No, they wouldn't be in scale with the rest but I'd buy them.