Hi-Metal R

joppewo

The color schemes haven't always been questionable. After 2003, the color schemes remained consistent amongst various manufacturers for well over a decade.

I don't know what point you're trying to make so I'm not sure how to respond. Are you saying it can't be that Bandai wanted to do something different? Are you arguing it has to be that the Bandai scheme must now be considered correct?

Why are the arm armors on Bandai's 1/72 transformable model kits and HMR's both DYRL style?

Bandai just cheaps it out and doesn't do a separate TV arm armor mold.

More so Bandai seem to love just not caring about doing any research about what things are supposed to look like, and assuming they'll get away with it (which more often than not, they do).

I consider it a minor miracle that they even started attempting to fix the borky chest stripes that they've been insisting are correct for upwards of 30 years, but they still don't seem to care enough to make any two copies actually match. :rolleyes:

comparing the original HM hikaru to the HMR TV hikaru, the original has a sharper nose cone, and painted indentations for the hips to attach, and of course the nose cone tip is not removable. I like the original's sharper nose cone profile, although it can't wear the GBP. I also like the brighter white of the original, although the HMR has (slightly) better stripes. The HMR has a bigger head, but it doesn't seem to sit flush in plane mode. The original's visor is completely hidden and flush with the fuselage in plane mode. Probably cuz it's smaller?

CDJapan does this too.

Yes, you will be waiting for Milia to be released before they'll ship Max. I've had to cancel an order with them once because I accidentally combined something that was in stock and something I was pre-ordering and had to wait for the pre-order to release. I also had a problem where I made an order with two pre-orders that were released at different times and I had to wait for the second pre-order to release before the first would ship out.

So why not inform them to release the item already?

I don't know what point you're trying to make so I'm not sure how to respond. Are you saying it can't be that Bandai wanted to do something different? Are you arguing it has to be that the Bandai scheme must now be considered correct?

Who's to say there are not two different armor types: White and Gray...and they used them in different scenes?

There is also the issue of color palette in space, versus under blue sky, versus under water (Thinking Blue Noah, Nautilus and Yamato).

Edited by arbit

Who's to say there are not two different armor types: White and Gray...and they used them in different scenes?

There is also the issue of color palette in space, versus under blue sky, versus under water (Thinking Blue Noah, Nautilus and Yamato).

Sure, maybe BW approved it under the pretense that both the Yamato scheme and the Bandai scheme are correct, depending on which mission M&M were on because their super parts got repainted occasionally. Maybe the Bandai HMR VF-1J Max is the DYRL version... it would explain the arm armors but would not explain why Max would ever have that ride instead of a 1J head on his skull colors.

Sure, maybe BW approved it under the pretense that both the Yamato scheme and the Bandai scheme are correct, depending on which mission M&M were on because their super parts got repainted occasionally. Maybe the Bandai HMR VF-1J Max is the DYRL version... it would explain the arm armors but would not explain why Max would ever have that ride instead of a 1J head on his skull colors.

I don't know if this was mentioned yet but, if one goes all the way to first page of this thread, it's interesting to note that Bandai had the super packs painted in Yamato/Hasegawa style on their pre-pro Max/Millia models. So, somewhere along the line, somebody decided to make the change and/or was told to make the change.

Edited by Vifam7

I don't know if this was mentioned yet but, if one goes all the way to first page of this thread, it's interesting to note that Bandai had the super packs painted in Yamato/Hasegawa style on their pre-pro Max/Millia models. So, somewhere along the line, somebody decided to make the change and/or was told to make the change.

Good point, Vifam7. I totally forgot Bandai had teased us with these before the line had officially started. I'm assuming this was before the 1/72 kits we're out? I wonder what changed their mind.

I'm not bothered Bandai's interpretation of the paint scheme, but I'm not liking the grey they used in lieu of white :(

I just opened my 1J Hikaru. Wow, you guys were right about the quality drop. The only other one I have opened so far is the Roy Super 1S and this J seems like a KO in comparison. Parts fall off everywhere and it just feels cheap. My right antenna seems ok but the left fell off in the box and during transformation or handling. The backpack blast shield popped off when I first tried to fold it down out of the box and has fallen off at least 5 times since going through the transformations. The chest piece popped off when transforming. One of the missle pods is very loose. Seems like all the parts are correctly installed at least. While the 1S sold me on this whole line, this 1J is giving me a bad taste and making me very worried about the others. Gonna open a 1A next and see how that goes. If it's not more reassuring, I might not ever even transform my M&M's.

My Max is still in at n-y "preparation in progress"....grrrr. It's been over a week now. This is the copy was hoping to get my hands on since my other one is at hlj's private warehouse.

I think is time for you to email them to ask wtf is going on., it's almost like they forgot about your order .

I just opened my 1J Hikaru. Wow, you guys were right about the quality drop. The only other one I have opened so far is the Roy Super 1S and this J seems like a KO in comparison. Parts fall off everywhere and it just feels cheap. My right antenna seems ok but the left fell off in the box and during transformation or handling. The backpack blast shield popped off when I first tried to fold it down out of the box and has fallen off at least 5 times since going through the transformations. The chest piece popped off when transforming. One of the missle pods is very loose. Seems like all the parts are correctly installed at least. While the 1S sold me on this whole line, this 1J is giving me a bad taste and making me very worried about the others. Gonna open a 1A next and see how that goes. If it's not more reassuring, I might not ever even transform my M&M's.

I didnt note anything worth while mentioning between my VF1S Hikaru, Roy, GPB, VF1J. The last one i played with was in fact the 1J and its sturdiness overall was in line with the others. I need to check the VF 1A that i hace to pick up on monday. Ill add more about it later.

Just opened a 1A and right out the box it feels like it came from a completely different factory. Haven't transformed it yet but it feels solid all around. Feeling more relieved now. Wtf happened with Hikaru's 1J?

For others who have that new 1J, even without the glaring defects, does it feel like the same quality toy as the others to you?

I've been working on my Hikaru 1J review, it's great. Joints are really tight, nothing broken. The only thing I've seen that others have complained about is that the head lasers come off pretty easy when I'm trying to pivot them. They aren't so loose though that they come off when I'm not handling them... that would be super annoying.

Gotta say my CF VF-1A and Hik's VF-1J feel about the same quality wise. No obviously differing joint stiffness or anything. The right side headlaser does like to pop out some when I handle the head too much, but meh. It goes back in just fine. Left the VF-1A in battroid mode, but the J is in Gerwalk and nothing popped off or anything. Even had tested the tail when just plain fiddling with it and that seemed fine.

And, yeah. Millia's is a web exclusive, Max is a general release. Kind of annoying given he's out and she's not out until March, IIRC.

Oh well. At least with Millia there was no desperate, mad scramble to pre-order within a ten minute window or desperately hoping to catch the brief windows later where it pops back up. MyKombini at least had their usual 50% deposit on it until they realized the demand was there and spiked it to the 100% most places ask now.

...Though i've only taken it out and put it on my new trident stand so far.

attachicon.gifIMG_3150.JPG

Nice pic of the trident. I've been thinking about picking up one of those, and debating between the dark blue and the clear.

That stand looks super nice. Where is it from?

It's the Tamashii Stage Act Trident, available from lots of places.