Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Although anything is possible, I think the best way to look at the Hi-Metal R line is that it is basically an homage to the past...in terms of Macross.....a salute to the days of Takatoku and the old Bandai Hi-Metal line that inherited it (picked up the pieces?).....and one of the things that were encouraged by these companies was to "customize" your "super real diecast/plastic scale model & high technology" toys.....

1021503.jpg

It would be nice if Bandai offered "parts" in various colors so you could do just that...arms, legs, heads, etc....of course, for those with the skill and patience, you could just go the "plastic scale model" route as was originally intended by the old school companies, which some have already started to do....

R = Respect

VF-1J-661x1024.jpg

Edited by jvmacross

Freakin hell HLJ, stop doing this at 4am!!

Ugh.. anyone who can grab one, I'll gladly buy it off you.. I just can't sit around and wait online all night.

It's limited to 1 per customer , so anyone that wants a max will not be able to preorder another for you under their account .

If you have any member you can trust , maybe you can give them your Hlj account info and they can order for you if they are up at the time it reopens again .

Wow, just got my hands on some VF-1s after having had the Glaug for a while. It's rather surprising just how nice they are despite the small size, and I'm already having to resist the urge to get a second VF-1A just to have more of the damned things. Makes me glad I'd already pre-ordered Max and Millia's VF-1Js. Now I just need to hope they do some sort of re-release of Hikaru's VF-1S and separate FAST Packs finally.

Just put my order in at NY for the Millia 1J. That hurts bad with the Aussie dollar so low, and trip to the US coming up in Dec but I'd be kicking myself if I missed out (I have been ever since the 1/48s finally disappeared after their long time presence warming shelves everywhere).

Man, couldn't resist, I bought a second... and I never buy extras. You need one for either side of the Glaug though right? A third would be tempting in case the missile parts are just sold as add-ons or as extras with another toy. That would be a evil way to move some phalanx units.

I read "REGULT MISSILE TYPE SET" and just assumed we'd be getting the missile parts only. I'll try not to worry about it too much (yeah right) until we get some more solid evidence.

I actually really hope I'm wrong in that assumption... weren't each of the missile types supposed to have different Zentradi characters on the hull? That, and I don't think I have enough Regults to spare as if yet :p

That's the worry. I'll need to get a 3rd regult if this is the case and want to miss any crush to acquire them if so. I'd rather they sell them with regults and possibly as separate sets at the same time.

Seems like Bandai is latching onto the idea of add-on packs. If they do this with fast packs I'll need to pick up 2 more VF-1As.

Yeah, the Regult pods have to come with Regults or it will totally suck.

As for the 2SS, I don't care about it but at this point, I'm all in on any HMR Macross release. Much cheaper to collect these than 1/60 versions so I'm hoping they rerelease the Macross 7 figures and do them all as well...plus SHF figures so I can finally have my Sivil!

This is why i wish bandai would pick up mospeada. I dont care if legioss is tiny. I dont care if its non scale either.

I'd be cool with Megahouse picking up Mospeada like they did with Orguss. Super-high-end (and high-priced), but well executed.

I managed to get a second one on amiami, first time im glad i had insomnia, i was awake at 5 am when the figinstock mail came in!

Grrr. Your insomnia paid off though. :-P