Hi-Metal R

joppewo

oh man those destroids, they look awesome. I'd say that defender looks just as good as the Yamato 1/60 at first glance. Hope those Regult variants are full figures and not accessory packs and damnit those missile effects are freakin awesome and damn them for making me want to buy more VF-1 in this lineup. Last thing I want to do is duplicate characters I have in 1/48 or 1/60 already.

If they'd release super parts separately though....

And yes, I want Gnerls too! And an ARMD! xD

What's so special about it ?

It's a tricky part given the transformation system of the VF-2ss. I'm not sure which route Bandai took with their version but it can't look worse than Evolution's. As much as I love the design, I had to skip on that one because in my opinion, it lacks in all the areas that makes the VF-2ss so awsome looking. Bandai's is looking better so far.

The VF-1 EX's are an easy pass for me. Not into Delta at all. But that means more time to save for the classic stuff, so it's all good.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Easy pass on the Delta stuff, and the 2SS, I hated Macross II and it's valks, glad everyone who likes it though can get a decent version over that Evolution Toy garbage. I really need me some destroids and regult missile variants though, as others have noted, I really hope they are not accessory packs and are full figure releases instead, even as web exclusives I'd be fine. I passed on the missile effects too, too expensive, cool, but not worth it in my opinion. Before Bandai gets to ugly stuff like the VE-1 and VT-1 I'd like them to at least finish Vermillion off, they've already shown a TV Kaki 1A, release him, give us a 1A TV Max, and a TV Roy, then get to the more unique versions of the VF-1.

THANK YOU FOR THE NEW UPDATES!

Lovin' the HM-R VF-2SS. :wub: Not a big fan of the exposed crotch joints but damn, it looks better than the EvoToys. Though I wonder why it has a 'lightning design cut' on the feet/nozzle?

I'm liking Mirage's VF-1EX. It's red and black. And the color is the only reason why I'm going to get it. Since we won't get it in DX or in 1/60 form. :rolleyes:

So no new VF-4 Lightning III display model this time, huh.

Also, is it just me, or the Super Parts on the DX VF-31J looks a little bit funny? <_<

Maybe from this screenshot:

destroid-phalanx-screencapture.jpg

Tho the armored-1A looks a bit more green than blue in the screenshot...

Ah ha! That must be it. Thanks so much!

I was hoping it was a Cavalier variant, although still really interesting to see these lesser known items show up.

THANK YOU FOR THE NEW UPDATES!

Lovin' the HM-R VF-2SS. :wub: Not a big fan of the exposed crotch joints but damn, it looks better than the EvoToys. Though I wonder why it has a 'lightning design cut' on the feet/nozzle?

The lineart has those lightning cuts (Gerwalk mode has a good shot) so maybe their interpretation?

Edited by wmkjr

The lineart has those lightning cuts (Gerwalk mode has a good shot) so maybe their interpretation?

You're right on the lineart. But I don't remember the old Bandai's 1/100 kit have those lightning cut. It's more like a lightning looking panel lines than a cut though.

Photo from Bobby on his World's smallest VF-2ss Battroid?! thread.

20131117_151851.jpg

VF-2SS! VF-2SS! Yes! Yes! Yes!

While battroid has some issues that fighter mode looks super sexy. It appears that they were able to get it to have more of a flat profile than ET. Super excited that this didn't disappear into the ether.

Oh man I really hope this thing sells well. Since this HMR includes enemy mecha it opens up the possibility (no matter how super slim) to get Feff's Gigamesh. I would KILL for that thing.

It looks like 2017 could be a pretty nice year for Macross HMR.

Looks good, but not good enought

the legs connectors are awful by the other side looks better proportionate specifically of the legs and seems bandai make the opposite of evolution toys with the arm connector changing in to the leg

I omit the unsightly holes in the arm if improvement the lock system in fighter mode

it would be interesting if bandai will make it in DX because with this tiny size I still prefer the evolution option

I want to think the hi metal will be a more playable and toy and an alternative for the people dont liked the evolution figure

post-3872-0-16508100-1477597883_thumb.jpg

the legs connectors are awful by the other side looks better proportionate specifically of the legs and seems bandai make the opposite of evolution toys with the arm connector changing in to the leg
I omit the unsightly holes in the arm if improvement the lock system in fighter mode
it would be interesting if bandai will make it in DX because with this tiny size I still prefer the evolution option
I want to think the hi metal will be a more playable and toy and an alternative for the people dont liked the evolution figure

And don't forget Bandai left off the ugly tabs you felt the need to cut off your 1/60... or the fact they had to pack all of what Evolution did into a tiny 1/100 package.

you are right the chest tabs are the unsightly aspect of evolution vf 2ss

however the scale not justified the lazy points because can make it in DX

bandai also have the advantage of engineering inverse and in my personal opinion could have done a much better work

but who knows is only a prototype maybe the final version have some improvements

The VF2SS is just a crazy design. Based on acrobatics required to design the hinges, it was just never meant to be a toy, .

In contrast, Kawamori's designs are led by a working prototype.

you are right the chest tabs are the unsightly aspect of evolution vf 2ss
however the scale not justified the lazy points because can make it in DX
bandai also have the advantage of engineering inverse and in my personal opinion could have done a much better work
but who knows is only a prototype maybe the final version have some improvements

I hope so (in bold). While I know that I will buy it as is (the VF-2SS is my favorite valk) I was really hoping for something that looked better than that. The last thing I would want is for low sales due to clunky design (visible screws, over-sized hip joints, etc...) causing Bandai to not pursue producing anything else from Macross II.

If they do it would need to be a Tamashii websclusive. They could release the TV GBP and this one as an exclusive. Milk the mold.

I'd prefer the blue Phalanx though.

Who knows....they released the Monster....in hindsight it probably should have been a websclusive as well....no way to milk that mold...at least not without some major part replacements....thus adding to the costs...

destroid-monstermkip.gif

I wonder if the blue and red one is just there to convince people to modify the mass production type. There's no way it's getting made.

Don't dash my hopes man. Today's a good day filled with HMR dreams. :wub:I'll let reality sink in later

I passed on the GBP the first time around but doubt I would if I could get that color scheme.