Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Yeah, I have clear arm pieces so even if it doesn't come with them, I'm covered. As for the overall look, anything can be improved and this version looks good enough to me. I definitely wouldn't mind if it was improved for actual release. But as it stands I'd buy what they have shown as is.

As long as we're talking about stands and effect parts, etc.. does anyone know of some similarly-scaled buildings and/or landscape options that'd work well with the Hi-Metal R line? I mean, I know it's possible to just scratchbuild a diorama, but some of us aren't that talented. :lol:

Confession time: the VF-1J is the first of my HMRs that I've transformed to jet mode, with multiple references to the www.anymoon.com videos (thanks for those jenius - absolutely invaluable).

It was nerve-wracking moving some of the stiff parts, but I got through it.

I'm still amazed at the level of detail they've been able to include in the HMRs, despite being so small.

Now I regret not grabbing one of Max's during the pre-order. Hopefully the price doesn't shoot up too much once it's actually released.

just got my hmr CF in! love it for the most part, but when i was switching the heads, i think i pressed a little too hard to ge thte head to pop on and created a stress fracture/crack right in front of the neck hinge in this pic :(

Doesnt affect transformation, just sad... amazing how sad i got even tho there's other things to worry about in life hAHAhhahaHA :)

anyone else had this happen?

cqSGvOCm.jpg

Edit: N/M i took a good look at it and its made like that lol *sigh* good scare for me.

edit 2: I love this guy!!!!

onLOT0Il.jpg

Edited by al0324

It just sounds to me that maybe you can no longer afford this hobby and are angry that others can and continue to express their enjoyment from collecting Macross.

Is that it?

Live and let live.

I'm passing on this Milia, and contemplating really hard on dropping this whole line altogether. I think the msrp on this line is overpriced.

I don't really like playing this Bandai game of TWE'ing certain mainline figures of the line to get full msrp on 'em, and paying up front for it.

It's fine if it's something like the Alaska-valks or some other rare valks, but Roy and now Milia? Pfft!

I'll prolly just stick with the SOCs instead.

Yep.

I don't care either way but more evidence:

Yeah.

I'm too poor for Arcadia's stuff to even contemplate doing that...

OK, now that we've established one poster's preference is SOC over Macross and heard about his lower enthusiasm for the HMR line, let's move along!
I really hope those Regult variants are not add on packs and full figures...I'm guessing one of those or the Spartan will be announced next.
Edited by Slave IV

Well my VF-1A is in town. Instead having it go from the airport post office to a central post office and then to my nearest post office they sent it to an additional post office. Causing another delay. Guess it will come tommorrow instead of today.

lol!

Thought we've all moved on, but since you're a bit new here...

Afaik, everyone here at MWF (even at TFW, etc) knows I don't like wasting money on crap. Since I became a member long time ago, actually.

It's like public-domain knowledge here, afaik. I never ever hide my disdain for wasting money. Whether it's Yamato, Arcadia, or Bandai, or even ET.

Not really sure why it's being brought up now, anyway.

Really kinda funny coz, you know, SOCs are quite more expensive than HMRs...

:shrugs:

Yeah, that's the part I did find funny since SOC's are more expensive and you mention stuff about other people being rich and you not being able to afford...

Anyways, I didn't know there was a seniority thing around here or any other forum to be able to participate in a conversation. Like I said, I don't care either way and agree that all this stuff is too expensive. I usually just ignore the stuff I don't want to pay for or make a couple posts about why I'm passing but you do you, it's all good. HMR line was a complete pass for me based on the reviews of the Valks but once I saw the Regult and other mechs, I was all in based on the unparralled display options they offer as a complete line. I really shouldn't be paying this kind of money for them but hey, I like Macross enough to sacrifice other wants for them.

Edited by Slave IV

Well my VF-1A is in town. Instead having it go from the airport post office to a central post office and then to my nearest post office they sent it to an additional post office. Causing another delay. Guess it will come tommorrow instead of today.

My 1A got SAL delivered last week from ami rather later than usual. Why is your 1A seem even later than mine? Where did you bought it?

Yeah, that's the part I did find funny since SOC's are more expensive and you mention stuff about other people being rich and you not being able to afford...

Anyways, I didn't know there was a seniority thing around here or any other forum to be able to participate in a conversation. Like I said, I don't care either way and agree that all this stuff is too expensive. I usually just ignore the stuff I don't want to pay for or make a couple posts about why I'm passing but you do you, it's all good. HMR line was a complete pass for me based on the reviews of the Valks but once I saw the Regult and other mechs, I was all in based on the unparralled display options they offer as a complete line. I really shouldn't be paying this kind of money for them but hey, I like Macross enough to sacrifice other wants for them.

Nah. It's not about any seniority thing to be able to participate or anything. I usually ignore insinuations and stuff, so It's all good.

:D

My 1A got SAL delivered last week from ami rather later than usual. Why is your 1A seem even later than mine? Where did you bought it?

Nah. It's not about any seniority thing to be able to participate or anything. I usually ignore insinuations and stuff, so It's all good.

:D

Cool! I got nothing against you or anyone else here...I found this forum to be extremely pleasant until all the recent bickering so just trying to clarify what's what and move on.

My amiami 1A has not arrived either...

CSfyhTiVAAASDI6.jpg

I have a feeling why the clamp on this display stand doesn't need to secure the Valk. And why there's a stand on the bottom. So that you can display it like this:

At 2:12.

Nice. The clamp arm looks like it could do that scene. Though it might cause stress to the backpack on the toy.

CSfyhTiVAAASDI6.jpg

I have a feeling why the clamp on this display stand doesn't need to secure the Valk. And why there's a stand on the bottom. So that you can display it like this:

At 2:12.

I don't get why you say the clamp doesn't need to secure the Valk and why the bottom stand is needed when your example shows the Valk secured from the top clamp and nothing on the bottom...what am I missing?

On the Effects set: Any chance those missiles can hold to the missile pegs on the wings without bottom support from the stand?

Edited by arbit

The way the clamp is designed is to look like the scene from the film. The lower arm is to support the valk. The clamp alone wouldn't be able to hold the valk without squeezing the strike packs on top and the back piece probably would separate out of position and make a very sad display.

If they make a VF-1D HMR I'm screwed...I don't have a Roy :(

Bandai hasn't made a Focker VF-1S TV version HMR yet, so there's still hope. I have the previously released Focker VF-1S Strike Valkyrie HMR, but I'd shell out for a TV version.

Edited by Drad