Hi-Metal R

joppewo

The 3 stripes are different. And the heads look like different sizes. 3 shades of white plastic.

I think it's an interesting comparison of gradually tweaking the design for accuracy. They took the better sculpt and build of the HMR GBP on the left, went back towards the "TV white" of the original HM on the right (but not all the way), and nailed the stripes this time. Also seems they made the new head lasers a bit thicker for durability. Makes me glad I was able to snag one of the new versions, as it clearly seems to me like the best of the lot.

Edited by ScrambledValkyrie

Both HM-R VF-1J Valkyries stand out to me. The original Hi-Metal looks like an amalgamation of those two.

I like how Bandai went and made the GBP 1J specific to its DYRL appearance. It includes the 101 call sign, the grey visor, the odd chest stripe, and it is missing the colored arm bands. In contrast Hikaru's TV 1J is more accurate to the series animation with a better battroid head sculpt, colored bands on the arms and legs, a brighter white, and a corrected chest stripe.

Edit: How could I forget? The HM-R Valkyries add U.N. Spacy markings on the legs.

Edited by technoblue

I wish they could get those letters to be less of a bold font though, they look way too intense.

Also, I'm not sure I understand how you mean that they made the DYRL GBP 1J specific to that scene.. none of the details you're pointing out except the gray visor were visible under the armor during that ~5 second scene in the movie. Unless they're going off of DYRL line art that wasn't animated?

Both the original HM and GBP versions have the DYRL-style black around the canopy though, while the new HMR with the right chest stripes has the TV style paint.

Edited by Chronocidal

Meanwhile...

Not sure if I'm the only one, but my CF is noticeably tighter than my other previous HM-Rs (Armored-1J and Hikkie-1S).

Won't ship my Hikkie-1J until next month or so, but you guys let us know if its even tighter than the CF.

I felt like the front feet on my CF's were a tad floppy

I wish they could get those letters to be less of a bold font though, they look way too intense.

Also, I'm not sure I understand how you mean that they made the DYRL GBP 1J specific to that scene.. none of the details you're pointing out except the gray visor were visible under the armor during that ~5 second scene in the movie. Unless they're going off of DYRL line art that wasn't animated?

Both the original HM and GBP versions have the DYRL-style black around the canopy though, while the new HMR with the right chest stripes has the TV style paint.

I'm talking more about the aesthetic that Bandai is using in the new line rather than a canon reason. The Hikaru and Roy 1S DYRL HM-R Valkyries use a similar off-white base to the GBP 1J. Because of that, and the other points I noted, I'm happy to group the GBP 1J with the movie Valkyries.

Max was a standard release and Milia is a Tamashi Web Exclusive. That is why I like web exclusives better. You can always get them because the window stays open so much longer. Anytime I see "Web Exclusive" on the release, my anxiety drops. I will say however; that lately, and I mean for about the last 2 years, even if you miss the pre-order window, they have always been available at release with a slight mark up.

im still waiting on Loopaza to release i 1J and 1A that i pre ordered in August. Anyone have experience with them?

My VF 1A is already delivered via amiami. VF 1J on the way from hlj. Did you combine both in the first place?

fyi i just received my knockoff explosion effects and they are great. one yellow, one smoke, one red. great value. and they are deceptively big.

lol I actually forgot I ordered some too, looks like they'll be in this week. And yep, the ones from Bandai were also surprisingly large, all the effects parts have been.