Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Amiami. I'll email them and see what they can do.

Amiami most likely will ignore you. Since you bought it and are not from JP, they tend to just say "sorry we can't help you" It's the one reason I try to avoid them at all costs.

Amiami most likely will ignore you. Since you bought it and are not from JP, they tend to just say "sorry we can't help you" It's the one reason I try to avoid them at all costs.

That's not my experience with amiami at all. They seemed very eager to make me happy about my purchases with them when I contacted them about an issue.

Not true.

I once had a defective product. When I sent them the images the offered to replace it but the shipping back to Japan is care off you. Shipping back to you will be on the house (depends on the shipping you previously paid so you will have a hole in your pocket for the return to Japan shipping).

Since I was a bit short on cash back then, I didn't send for a replacement because it would have cost me more to send back.

They will replace a defective item if they have a replacement. If not available, well no mention of refunds so if you used PayPal, maybe you can raise the issue to PayPal if amiami won't cooperate. Though it would be prudent to inquire from them first.

Edited by fenrir72

What's up with the "H2" marking on the nosecone of Milia's VF-1J?

It's not a 'marking' per se. It's hand written if you look closely. Probably something like a 'sampler' code.

During the Arcadia YF-19 release there were a bunch of complaints from MWers who bought theirs from amiami which had faulty parts. Amiami basically shafted them. Hence the reactions.

Yeah. I remember these. But so far, I didn't have any issues with them. But to be honest, I seldom on using them... just in case.

Got my HMR VF-1A, and the filler piece for the upper torso is nice and the joints on it were really tight on mine compared to the previous releases.

29595308443_4d757f5f3e_h.jpg

I've been humming and hawing over this series for a while now and your photos really sold me. Going to start collecting these :)

Just keep in mind, they are kinda small

yTImcqa.png

great....now I'm back on the fence, lol!

So, these things are going for about $100 a pop on average......1/48s can be found for $50-150 more?

Ughhhh..............................

You can get 1/48 VF-1s for $150-$250? Gonna have to take a look if so.

There are a few on e-bay for $200 now, VF-1J Hikaru is one I've been thinking about, but I really want a Roy and maybe another Cannon Fodder.

I just bought a Cannon Fodder off Yahoo Japan for about 14,800 yen, BNIB.

There's also a Kakizaki Strike for $235 or something like that, but panel lined, stickered and it appears that there is a little yellowing.

There are a few on e-bay for $200 now, VF-1J Hikaru is one I've been thinking about, but I really want a Roy and maybe another Cannon Fodder.

I just bought a Cannon Fodder off Yahoo Japan for about 14,800 yen, BNIB.

There's also a Kakizaki Strike for $235 or something like that, but panel lined, stickered and it appears that there is a little yellowing.

Nice. I really need a Low Vis and those seem to be going for much more. I guess a CF would work.

Not true.

I once had a defective product. When I sent them the images the offered to replace it but the shipping back to Japan is care off you. Shipping back to you will be on the house (depends on the shipping you previously paid so you will have a hole in your pocket for the return to Japan shipping).

Since I was a bit short on cash back then, I didn't send for a replacement because it would have cost me more to send back.

They will replace a defective item if they have a replacement. If not available, well no mention of refunds so if you used PayPal, maybe you can raise the issue to PayPal if amiami won't cooperate. Though it would be prudent to inquire from them first.

Very true with Macross products sold outside of Japan. They even tried to cancel one of my previous orders for asking about the final color. So when did this policy change about supporting Macross items outside of Japan with them? Cause if they actually support users outside of Japan like HLJ does they may be back on the table for me. The YF-19 debacle was disgusting offering people $10 for the broken wing. I thought someone tried to get the refund and they were also giving him a hassle about that too. I think in the end one of the users here had to use PayPal dispute, but if you do they cancel your account. I even had them throw in these little slips in my boxes saying "sorry no support". Edited by Loop

I think the replacement issue might be more on Arcadia than AmiAmi themselves . The most recent was the bandai DX chogokin yf-29 sws shoulders . AmiAmi shipped out replacement sms shoulders to the people that contacted them with the issue . So maybe if it's a bandai macross item they will take care of you but for a Arcadia macross item you will have to move mountains for them to do anything .

that looks really cool! B)) puts thoughts in my head of buying a HMR brownie just to display next to my Monster! :wacko: must resist temptation.. :rolleyes:

Resistance is futile!!!

The CF VF-1A is going to be my first VF-1 HMR. I bought it to display it with the Monster and to fight the Glaug and the Regult.

10 days and my VF-1A is finally clear to leave Japan. This has been my longest wait just to get to this point.

That looks like Japan post over looked a mail cart at their station and someone found it when they need more empty carts . But hey it's on it's way now. By the way , my CF-1a was in the same cart, from cdjapan

Just keep in mind, they are kinda small

yTImcqa.png

Great.. why did i need to wander here and look at this pic..Now its a daily battle again between wallet and heart...

but...nice pic tho! Really shows the scale of the monster and the CF's perfectly complementing each other :wub:

btw does anyone have tomytecs 1/100 VF's battroids to be displayed against the monster or glaug/regults?

Edited by seti88

Great.. why did i need to wander here and look at this pic..Now its a daily battle again between wallet and heart...

but...nice pic tho! Really shows the scale of the monster and the CF's perfectly complementing each other :wub:

btw does anyone have tomytecs 1/100 VF's battroids to be displayed against the monster or glaug/regults?

I posted it specifically just to torture you, and your wallet :p

Very true with Macross products sold outside of Japan. They even tried to cancel one of my previous orders for asking about the final color. So when did this policy change about supporting Macross items outside of Japan with them? Cause if they actually support users outside of Japan like HLJ does they may be back on the table for me. The YF-19 debacle was disgusting offering people $10 for the broken wing. I thought someone tried to get the refund and they were also giving him a hassle about that too. I think in the end one of the users here had to use PayPal dispute, but if you do they cancel your account. I even had them throw in these little slips in my boxes saying "sorry no support".

I remember those pink slips. Now, they have a colored anime mascots (two kawaii gals in various themes, JK,kimono etc) artwork insert with a different theme. If something is wrong with the product, informed them at once. That won't guarantee a replacement. Btw, I recently ordered a TF Legends Blaster. They emailed me immediately to inform me that the box had a bit of a crease. Their supplier couldn't give them a replacement and gave me the option to cancel. I didn't 'cause getting a LTF Legends Blaster is so much a pain in the B......hind.

Is that service or what?

Anyway, my VF-1A just arrived. Will be putting him to the paces once I deal with my TF Legends haul.

I posted it specifically just to torture you, and your wallet :p

You are a really bad man! :lol: