Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Rather then advertising and wasting energy with two pilot types Bandai should address the glaring oversight of missing side covers in their HMR line!

They have already amended the gaps around the head with the later releases - why stop there now.

Rather then advertising and wasting energy with two pilot types Bandai should address the glaring oversight of missing side covers in their HMR line!

They have already amended the gaps around the head with the later releases - why stop there now.

maybe one of the board's resident genius guys can make an easy cool fix for that and put it up on shapeways?

maybe one of the board's resident genius guys can make an easy cool fix for that and put it up on shapeways?

I would be open to buying them separately if bandai would do it. That gap is really annoying knowing my new ones will not have it.

My fingers are crossed that i can snag a max 1J at retail too! It feels so much better to be able to get them at retail, that is one of the main reasons i am loving the Hi-Metal R line. I hope they keep producing them and continue to other Macross series, after a VT-1, VE-1, and VF-1D of course ;P

Maybe dumb question, did they change the chest stripes on the Hikaru or not? All the promo images for the M&Ms show them with the better stripes, but the HLJ pics still show the original ones for Hikaru's.

Yes there are several Bandai official pics online, showing the correct stripe pattern.

Nice pics jvmacross.

I'm thinking the white of the HMR VF-1J Hikaru will be closer to the HM VF-1J Hikaru and less grey compared to the HMR VF-1J with GBP parts.

With a spare VF-1A head and HM VF-1J Max I think I'll make a custom VF-1A Cavaliers.

They learned from Yamato, they'll give TV releases a bright white and DYRL a gray.

So I understand right -- the HMR Hikaru VF-1J is going to be more white than the gray of the HMR Hikaru DYRL VF-1S? In jvmacross's last photo above, it looks like this is the case.

I'm just getting into this line, and I was on the fence about the HMR VF-1J (without GBP) due to the gray color. I already preordered Max and Miriya, but when it came to a VF-1S Roy, I actually found and bought an original HM VF-1S Roy due to more TV-accurate colors (and it just arrived today!).