Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I'm passing on this Milia, and contemplating really hard on dropping this whole line altogether. I think the msrp on this line is overpriced.

I don't really like playing this Bandai game of TWE'ing certain mainline figures of the line to get full msrp on 'em, and paying up front for it.

It's fine if it's something like the Alaska-valks or some other rare valks, but Roy and now Milia? Pfft!

I'll prolly just stick with the SOCs instead.

I've come to realize that all toys are overpriced, even the crappy ones. So if I'm going to collect toys I'm not gonna let something as common as money get in the way of my enjoyment. What it does do is make me want to only collect the higher end stuff because if I'm paying a premium for everything anyway, might as well get the best I can so I totally get the sticking with SOC comment. Right now, HMR is the best and only choice for me to have a collection of varied valks with enemy and supporting mechs to go with them. If it wasn't for the Regults and Glaugs, I wouldn't be collecting this line either.

I don't think the price is too high on this line. I do think the choice of which item is an exclusive is based more on the items that are direct recolors. The Roy was a repaint of the Hikaru with all the same extras plus a special stand. This Millia is a recolor of the Max with the same extras. The line is pricy if you compare it to Japanese toys of maybe a decade ago, but these are prices in line with today's toys and action figures.

Wish they would have just made them a bundle, or both exclusives... need to hope Max is available at release.

Really though, the pricing has just gotten weird. Why is Millia $25 more than Max? :blink:

The real kicker though is that I got the 1/60 v.2 Yamato versions for only $20 more back in the day.

Edited by Chronocidal

I don't remember Roy being as widely available as this, but my memory is probably faulty. I also only buy Macross tamashii exclusives, so I'm not used to doing the whole exclusive thing...oh well. :rolleyes:

idgi...you only buy exclusives so you're not used to doing the exclusive thing?

Roy was available for a while because I wasn't going to get it and then cracked sometime much later than the opening date. Someone mentioned these exclusives have a set preorder period and they just keep taking them until production is maxed out.

Edited by Slave IV

Wish they would have just made them a bundle, or both exclusives... need to hope Max is available at release.

Really though, the pricing has just gotten weird. Why is Millia $25 more than Max? :blink:

This is where I'm at. I'm brand new to the hobby, and I'm looking at this thing and wondering... why? The Arcadia Focker release was expensive, but I felt like the size and quality were worth it. Then I see this and it is just a repaint of something that MSRP'd at around $85, but just costs more money. I (think) I understand that Millia is a bit rarer of a figure generally speaking, but I just don't know if I can justify the cost on this one. I'm still debating whether to pre-order (it is available on a few sites still, at the time of this writing).

This is where I'm at. I'm brand new to the hobby, and I'm looking at this thing and wondering... why? The Arcadia Focker release was expensive, but I felt like the size and quality were worth it. Then I see this and it is just a repaint of something that MSRP'd at around $85, but just costs more money. I (think) I understand that Millia is a bit rarer of a figure generally speaking, but I just don't know if I can justify the cost on this one. I'm still debating whether to pre-order (it is available on a few sites still, at the time of this writing).

The reason why is because Millia isn't popular so they aren't going to make as many, therefore she will cost more. When Yamato made the Max and Millia 1J's those suckers sat around on shelves for a good long while.

The reason why is because Millia isn't popular so they aren't going to make as many, therefore she will cost more. When Yamato made the Max and Millia 1J's those suckers sat around on shelves for a good long while.

I guess that sorta makes sense... But the Hi Metal R Max is still cheaper than that. I don't see why making less drives the price up. Oh well.

I know this isn't really the right thread, but does anyone know if there is a non-zero chance that Arcadia might release a Max and/or Millia at 1/60? I'd rather just wait on a CHANCE at those, rather than get one of these.

idgi...you only buy exclusives so you're not used to doing the exclusive thing?

Roy was available for a while because I wasn't going to get it and then cracked sometime much later than the opening date. Someone mentioned these exclusives have a set preorder period and they just keep taking them until production is maxed out.

I should clarify, I haven't pre-ordered any other Tamashii Exclusives before like the Star Wars or Marvel exclusive figures. I've only bought the Macross exclusives. But I didn't think I would have to be that pedantic... :blink:

What really confuses me is...If they are really making less of these exclusives and the preorders stay open for about a month, how are the non exclusives that are being made in larger quantities selling out in seconds? There is no way there is that large of a difference in people preordering. Again, it really seems like the regular releases are the limited exclusives and the TWEs are exclusive only literally in where you can get them from.

I should clarify, I haven't pre-ordered any other Tamashii Exclusives before like the Star Wars or Marvel exclusive figures. I've only bought the Macross exclusives. But I didn't think I would have to be that pedantic... :blink:

I still don't get it since the previous Macross exclusives would have had the same process. NBD, I'm not trying to nitpick at you, just genuinely curious.

I still don't get it since the previous Macross exclusives would have had the same process. NBD, I'm not trying to nitpick at you, just genuinely curious.

LOL! Okay, no worries then. ^_^ It's probably just me being oblivious to the other options. I went with NY because it was always easy to go with them, especially when buying the armor/super parts add-ons for the DX-sized Valkyries. Roy's HM-R was the first time I experienced a shipping upcharge on an exclusive and I'm glad to see that there are other options out there.

Also, work started to block NY once they linked to that adult partner store. AE, though, is still navigatable and I like buying MP transformers from them, so I'm thinking of picking up Milia's HM-R there as well.

Edited by technoblue

LOL! Okay, no worries then. ^_^ It's probably just me being oblivious to the other options. I went with NY because it was always easy to go with them, especially when buying the armor/super parts add-ons for the DX-sized Valkyries. Roy's HM-R was the first time I experienced a shipping upcharge on an exclusive and I'm glad to see that there are other options out there.

Also, work started to block NY once they linked to that adult partner store. AE, though, is still navigatable and I like buying MP transformers from them, so I'm thinking of picking up Milia's HM-R there as well.

Gotcha! I juggle around to whatever site gives me the best prices. I like AE but dislike that everything has to be prepaid there. Of course, that doesn't matter in this case since NY requires prepayment for exclusives but it's annoying to give shops free loans all the time.

Having missed out on the preorder at HLJ, Is there a probability of the Max use to be available for purchase after its officially released(not thru resellers that jack up the price), as in they will continue making more units than the initial preorder Been interested in this line for a while but have never actually bought one.

Edited by ayaxr

Having missed out on the preorder at HLJ, Is there a probability of the Max use to be available for purchase after its officially released(not thru resellers that jack up the price), as in they will continue making more units than the initial preorder Been interested in this line for a while but have never actually bought one.

It's bandai so dunno. They reissued star wars vader and Bruce Lee. They also reissued dx valks but only a couple.

NY used to sell more at increasing prices. Ami ami hobby search hlj sometimes carries a few more units at release date. I think it's cuz some people cancel or those companies cancel multiple orders for limit 1.

It's a good line mainly for the Zentraedi and destroid mechs. The valks are fun toys

Edited by beatsing

It's bandai so dunno. They reissued star wars vader and Bruce Lee. They also reissued dx valks but only a couple.

NY used to sell more at increasing prices. Ami ami hobby search hlj sometimes carries a few more units at release date. I think it's cuz some people cancel or those companies cancel multiple orders for limit 1.

It's a good line mainly for the Zentraedi and destroid mechs. The valks are fun toys

Thanks. So I did jump on the preorder for the mass production type VF-1A at HLJ, seems it was the last one or close to the last one, its now on order stop. Like a minute after I ordered. Its going to be my first mass production "anything" on my macross collection, but the price seemed decent enough at 6,120.

I have my figinstock alert setup for the Max use version, fingers crossed one becomes available.

They have always made more units than the initial preorder numbers , or stores just preorder more so they can sell some after release. Either way you should be able to get it for around msrp after release .

They will not continue making and restocking it once all the numbers are sold out , it will be label discontinue at HLJ. So you will need to look and be on stand by to buy it when it becomes available since you are not the only looking for it.

Also if you are planing to get the max you should probably place a preorder for Milia when it's still open. Once it's close , that's it and then you will have a even harder time trying to find Milia later for msrp.

Edited by F360

They have always made more units than the initial preorder numbers , or stores just preorder more so they can sell some after release. Either way you should be able to get it for around msrp after release .

They will not continue making and restocking it once all the numbers are sold out , it will be label discontinue at HLJ. So you will need to look and be on stand by to buy it when it becomes available since you are not the only looking for it.

Ok I'll be on the lookout thanks. At least it sounds like it wont be mission impossible.

Thanks. So I did jump on the preorder for the mass production type VF-1A at HLJ, seems it was the last one or close to the last one, its now on order stop. Like a minute after I ordered. Its going to be my first mass production "anything" on my macross collection, but the price seemed decent enough at 6,120.

I have my figinstock alert setup for the Max use version, fingers crossed one becomes available.

I really like the Canon fodder. Especially cuz it has both tv and movie heads and hands. Too bad the others couldn't do that

The real kicker though is that I got the 1/60 v.2 Yamato versions for only $20 more back in the day.

+ 1

Same reason why Focker was more expensive than Hikaru? An extra stand? Bigger box for more expensive shipping?

The main reason is because you can get a extra discount 10-15% on Max preoders because it's a standard release.

Along with the fact that all Tamashii web exclusive requires TAX (more money) and Shipping Fee to the store or proxy that's buying this for you.

Just look at it this way, the easier preorder cost you $25.

As others have said, I'm in this mainly for the enemy mecha and destroids. I guess 1/100 was the only feasible scale? 1/60 would've been really nice, but probably prohibitively large.. and expensive.

Bandai has given us a way to have a complete collection of Macross characters and mecha. It took forever, but it looks like it's finally happening.

Hoping we get some S.H. Figuarts Zentran and Meltran to go along with their mecha. That'd be nice. Breetai, Exedore, Bodolza, Millia and Kamjin. Buncha Zentran/Meltran grunts. Yes, please.