Hi-Metal R

joppewo

$135 if I chose to pay in USD but only $121 by paying in yen on my credit card. Kind of a big difference there.

Yup, i think its to offset risks of currency fluctuations by offering a local option, but seeing the difference its basically the retailer speculating on currency lol...

anywho snagged one, a bit surprised they opened a day early for these, i would have tot early orders would be earlier on the day ityself...

thanks btw for all who had the heads-up on the links!

Edited by seti88

$135 if I chose to pay in USD but only $121 by paying in yen on my credit card. Kind of a big difference there.

Wouldn't we then have a currency conversion fee?

(My cards also charge an international payment fee of 2.5% on all payments. Cant get around that.)

(My cards also charge an international payment fee of 2.5% on all payments. Cant get around that.)

Depends on your card. Mine has no foreign transaction fees. A good thing too, considering how much money I spend at all these Japanese shops.

But the difference is still way more than 2.5%.

Edited by Lolicon

Okay, been a long time since I posted, but I just wanted to say how much I am enjoying these releases. Haven't been this interested in Macross in a long time. Anyway, I secured Milia now I have to figure a way to get Max since I missed his preorder. I haven't had any trouble locating the standard releases after they are in the wild before, but now I need to figure out a way to lock down Max. Ideas?

Depends on your card. Mine has no foreign transaction fees. A good thing too, considering how much money I spend at all these Japanese shops.

But the difference is still way more than 2.5%.

Do you pay a currency conversion fee?

What are the chances this will remain open until the weekend? Need to round up funds for upfront Paypal payment first :(

All the web exclusives have a "sales" period, their preorders remain open until a certain date is reached, normally a month and a half, or until they get to the production limit

If you have a amazon Visa they dont charge you that 2.5% fee.

2700 for registered SAL when EMS is 2720 yen? WTF NY?!

hopefully they dont ask you for more money when its time to ship.

Just preordered my milia on AE :)

No idea why people thought this would be hard to nab, I guess many are new to this and still don't really get the Bandai Exclusive thing. Demanding payment up front scares away the idiots that pre-order literally everything, and then cancel 90% of their order once they get the bill, the only people buying this now are the people that really want it and have the money. I didn't even stay up, no need, I knew it would still be available this morning, I grabbed her at NY with no hassle or stress.