Hi-Metal R

joppewo

They may be out of scale, but if I remember those matchbox ones were repackaged Japanese ones by a company I can never spell ( tokossatsu or something) the same company that made the 1/55 Valkyries that bandai reproduces every couple years. Any way I don't think they would look too weird displayed side by side as an awesome set up, but it would be a bit out of scale.

]The pose at the end shooting up looks good but I doubt it'll fit my cabinet.

The guns look like they are on a ball joint so they'll droop eventually. To bad they're not on a ratchet though a ratchet would be less posable

Monster 1a and glaug back in stock at hlj

Edited by beatsing

Good to know, thank you guys! I'll try and grab one then (pending my funds)! From that Youtube video I'd say that Monster is pretty damn big for a 1/100 scale toy. B))

post-21587-0-35643500-1469372747_thumb.jpeg

Here's how tall the 1/72 Destroids are compared to HMR VF-1's. They tower over them so they might look too big and tall next to the HMR Monster.

They may be out of scale, but if I remember those matchbox ones were repackaged Japanese ones by a company I can never spell ( tokossatsu or something) the same company that made the 1/55 Valkyries that bandai reproduces every couple years. Any way I don't think they would look too weird displayed side by side as an awesome set up, but it would be a bit out of scale.

The only Destroids released by Matchbox that were based off of the original Japanese toys were the 1/144 scale Destroids from Takatoku's "Macross Collection Series"....and those would be too small next to the upcoming HMR Monster...

The closest thing may be the 1/100 Destroid from Takatoku's Conversion Set....

taka_convf.jpg

...but it still runs sort of small.......our best hope is for HMR Destroids.....start praying that the HMR Monster doesn't kill the HMR line! :rolleyes:

gallery_12176_633_685401.png

sizechart-1.gif

Edited by jvmacross

I actually find it REALLY amazing that they are starting out with the biggest and most expensive Destroid! I can only imagine the marketing meeting where that was discussed! "You wanna start out with the WHAT?!" Bravo marketing guy who pulled it off, bravo. I'll be all in for all the other's as well! The Bandai HM-R love is strong with this one! :wub:

I've lost track...how much is this thing gonna hurt me when it ships to the US?? :wacko: ..or maybe I don't wanna know.... :mellow:

Edited by derex3592

The closest thing may be the 1/100 Destroid from Takatoku's Conversion Set....

...but it still runs sort of small.......our best hope is for HMR Destroids.....start praying that the HMR Monster doesn't kill the HMR line! :rolleyes:

In Takatoku's defense, their Destroid Conversion Kit is actually 1/100 scale. The reason that the VF-1 HMR towers over it is that HMR is about 1/88 scale, despite the fact that it's marketed as "1/100."

Maybe it's best not to know the final cost and just be happy the monster actually happened.

Wise words, my friend.

I actually find it REALLY amazing that they are starting out with the biggest and most expensive Destroid! I can only imagine the marketing meeting where that was discussed! "You wanna start out with the WHAT?!" Bravo marketing guy who pulled it off, bravo. I'll be all in for all the other's as well! The Bandai HM-R love is strong with this one! :wub:

I've lost track...how much is this thing gonna hurt me when it ships to the US?? :wacko: ..or maybe I don't wanna know.... :mellow:

For me it was around 100 bucks with ems

gahhh! im so tempted to order a 2nd one but im a little worried about spending the money.. so little money left from my Euro trip and so many overdue bills.. can't get my priorities straight! :o:unsure::wacko::p

Whata to think about spanner? Macross stuff is always first!!

Happy birthday, sorry i just read about it. Hope you enjoyed it with family and friends.

Whata to think about spanner? Macross stuff is always first!!

Happy birthday, sorry i just read about it. Hope you enjoyed it with family and friends.

thanks Mr B! Yeah was good! hehe! yeah Macross should always be first but when you're getting letters from places threatening legal action for overdue payments it kinda gets you thinking otherwise..

So anyways I bit the bullet and paid off some medical bills today. But no money at all left for anything else..