Hi-Metal R

joppewo

No... the smaller one standing is 1/144. The one sitting is much smaller and doesn't have it's lower legs. Having the lower legs would prevent it from sitting especially with the big pointy knees. And I don't think anyone wants to cut their toys.

Beautiful work! Any chance you could do a run of "true" 1/100 for both standing and sitting figs?

Depends on how many want it. But I can certainly print them. The cost goes up for printed versions, though.

The one in the Glaug is too small.

Yes... But it'll look cool!

What about rubbery materials so the pilot could squeeze in?

You can't squeeze that much rubber into the cockpit and still expect a 1/100 pilot to look the same... lol.

Depends on how many want it. But I can certainly print them. The cost goes up for printed versions, though.

Okay. Thank you! I know that the Zentran seem to vary in size so the discussion is sort of moot, I'm just guessing that the eventual Nos-Ger and Q-rau pilots will scale out to be 3 to 3 1/4ish inches, and I would want to get ones that stayed consistent with that. Just guessing though.

They cost the same... if you had a time machine and were buying Yamato releases on sale. The 1/60 line also never had a Monster, Glaug, or Regult. That said, what the 1/60 line did have (especially the V2 VF-1 toys) is amazing and I'm super stoked to have both.

Yeah the Yamato Arcadia are pretty nice. They're probably the best macross toys. Although the Glaug is really nice, the Yamato destroids felt heavier and more solid.

The guys at the Tamashii show said the N-Ger was also remarkably complete looking while much of the other stuff was clearly rapid prototype. I'm optimistic we'll get these releases but with the Regult, Glaug, and Monster all seeming pretty easy to get, I'm not counting any chickens.

Yup maybe can be like the Gundam master grades that bandai cranks out all the models one each month.

gallery_21587_791_420865.jpeg

The Human Alliance figures fit perfectly.

No idea what "scale" they are, but if this is the one you are referring to...it fits! Bent legs and all....Make it happen with your fig EXO! :p

gallery_12176_633_1153132.jpg

The legs fit? Send me some measurements.

Yep these figures fit in the Glaug and Regult with bent legs.

It's not that I'm ungrateful for the Max VF-1J, but I really hope Bandai makes a Hi Metal R TV Version Max VF-1A.

Hell yeah!

Yep these figures fit in the Glaug and Regult with bent legs.

Hell yeah!

The thing is those figures don't have the giant pointy knees and platform boots that the zentradi soldiers have. so it'll still look like zentradi pilots with no boots on. But I'd like to see what position the legs are in so I can kind of mimic the degrees the knees bend.

post-21587-0-59820800-1468290554_thumb.jpeg

I'll probably do a cross between these 2 figures so that the Human Alliance figure can still fit. The legs of the Human Alliance figure are 1 1/8" long and bend at 90 degrees to go straight under the console. The knees can't be bent or the figure won't fit in the Glaug.

Never understood why they did the CF so early, AND even before Kakizaki if they must go that route.

Must be lower licensing costs for the CF?? Can't ignore the economics in these decisions.

Edited by arbit

I've been wondering about the numbers of the production runs as it seems there are still plenty of Glaugs and CFs to be found.

I'm probably wrong, but it almost seems as if the Max pre-sale was shorter than the order pre-sales, almost implying a smaller production. Could that be true?

I kinda find it cute how so many people are insistent on placing a figure inside the Glaug/Regult cockpits (that were clearly not meant to house full-bodied figures). Don't get me wrong, I understand the feeling. But once I saw how small the space inside was, I immediately abandoned the idea since the only way that's happening is if you put in a figure without arms/legs or one that's way smaller in scale (either of which wouldn't look right).

Edited by ArchieNov

I've been wondering about the numbers of the production runs as it seems there are still plenty of Glaugs and CFs to be found.

I'm probably wrong, but it almost seems as if the Max pre-sale was shorter than the order pre-sales, almost implying a smaller production. Could that be true?

I think it's because max is a hero mecha. The Glaug and regult are villain. I think Japanese having less space for collectibles would choose the hero over the army builders because they don't army build as much with such small apartments? I think. .. or if money is an issue like a casual collector they probably buy the hero mecha and skip the rest. When I was getting into collecting I only bought the vf1j vf1a Hikaru 1/48 and the same V2 with the armored 1j but skipped the rest because i was a casual collector. Now I regret not buying all those destroids (although I don't think Yamato did all of them).

Not sure why bandai didn't make it both version like the 1a cf

It's not just the head, it's a considerably different paint scheme.

L-R: TV VF-1A, TV VF-1J

gjdSxde.jpg

Ever since I first saw Macross SDF in the 80s I've preferred Max's 1A scheme of the two. I've just now begun buying Macross toys thanks to the Hi Metal line, so I'm really hoping they go all out. Seeing as a Kakizaki VF-1A has been pictured, I'd imagine it's more a matter of "when" than "if" we get a TV Max 1A.

Edited by lungbarrow