Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Well the dx 31J is out december so hopefully they won't release a hi-metal that month. I'm guessing they will probably alternate between dx and hi metal releases.

Hmm hope that is so. December is a very busy month (and I won't be getting the dx31 anyway).

Hmmm i wonder if bandai will release a hmr vf-1EX. I dont thk it would be too hard for them to do so?

Unless of course they are a stickler for completing a series line first.

But that would be interesting...

Could easily be a web exclusive

I was able to preorder on a store called ToysBuddyHK

Has anyone bought from them before?

I remember asking the same thing back then since they carry some items I would like to order. Looks legit though but I didn't risk my $250. Let us know then when you get yours.

I find myself having a bit of a dilemma with the M&M upcoming releases. I already have a Max Hi-Metal 1J, without the fast packs (I don't think they ever released packs for those), and I'd like to have a matching M&M set. I'd be perfectly happy with a Hi-Metal Max and a HMR Milia, esp. as it means I'd spend less money and wouldn't have to jump through all the Bandai pre-order hoops for two valks. Problem is that I wouldn't have matching fast packs. I'd have to display them naked if I wanted a matching set. So now feeling compelled to try an order an Max HMR just for the fast packs. Damn you Bandai!

certainly looks quite impressive or at least compared to other HMR VF-1 releases and almost impressive enough to buy but bloody heck im not starting up another line.. :rolleyes::lol:

Hahaha! That just tells me that you're really considering it seriously now, mate! =) do it!!!

You can buy two sets of the sold separately original hi metal super parts then replace the HMR supers on Miria's with standard supers. You would have both toys with standard supers. The problem is you need to find two sets of those supers and they're not super easy to come by at a decent price.

Over the weekend we went through the show room at anime expo and I didn't see anyone selling hmr toys. We saw a lot of kits including the new bandai delta kits some Yamato and Arcadia toys a few robotech items and various older kits, but no hmr. They probably would have been overpriced, but I kinda wanted to see someone selling them anyway.

I've been so busy I missed on Max. Does any store by chance still has it on preorder? Thanks.

Edit: I just checked NY, Ami, Hlj and Mykombini and no dice.

They always pop up sporadically later. Just keep an eye out and I'm sure you'll be fine.

You can buy two sets of the sold separately original hi metal super parts then replace the HMR supers on Miria's with standard supers. You would have both toys with standard supers. The problem is you need to find two sets of those supers and they're not super easy to come by at a decent price.

Assuming I could find them, buying two sets of Hi Metal super parts and a HMR Milia doesn't sound like it would be any better or cheaper than just trying to buy a Max and Milia HMR. Mandarake has a set of Hi Metal supers listed for 5000 yen, so that's 10,000 for two -- more expensive than a Max HMR at retail.

hope so.. why did i have to be out of town for a wedding.. i should have cancelled on them =(

You should've brought your smartphone then so that during the wedding you could've ordered one. ;) And when people ask what you're doing, you just say I'm posting on tweeter how happy I am to be part of their wedding. :)

hope so.. why did i have to be out of town for a wedding.. i should have cancelled on them =(

I could have gotten you one bbrain. Some stores had them for quite a while before they sold out on listing day.

I've been so busy I missed on Max. Does any store by chance still has it on preorder? Thanks.

Edit: I just checked NY, Ami, Hlj and Mykombini and no dice.

I'm sure you guys probably already know this, but FiginStock will email notifications when an item goes back up for preorder. Sometimes it's more frustrating when those notices come in the middle of the night and sell out before you get up, but it's helped me a lot. They don't cover every site but Amiami, Big In Japan, CDJapan, HLJ, Hobby Search, and Play Asia are supported for notifications for new items and AmiAmi and Mandarake for used stuff.

Assuming I could find them, buying two sets of Hi Metal super parts and a HMR Milia doesn't sound like it would be any better or cheaper than just trying to buy a Max and Milia HMR. Mandarake has a set of Hi Metal supers listed for 5000 yen, so that's 10,000 for two -- more expensive than a Max HMR at retail.

I would sell the HM and upgrade to HM-R. Case closed :)

I'm sure you guys probably already know this, but FiginStock will email notifications when an item goes back up for preorder. Sometimes it's more frustrating when those notices come in the middle of the night and sell out before you get up, but it's helped me a lot. They don't cover every site but Amiami, Big In Japan, CDJapan, HLJ, Hobby Search, and Play Asia are supported for notifications for new items and AmiAmi and Mandarake for used stuff.

didn't know about it...thank you.

Hahaha! That just tells me that you're really considering it seriously now, mate! =) do it!!!

LOL! When I saw HM-R Max I did get that momentary shoppers urge then realized that is a personal financial can of worms I simply am in no right place to open.. so yeah that's a negative as that ship sailed for me after the first HM-R VF-1 release of which if I had wanted to pursue the line I should've jumped on board from the get go.

So instead I'll just sit back and try enjoy the photos that others post up of their collection!

You should've brought your smartphone then so that during the wedding you could've ordered one. ;) And when people ask what you're doing, you just say I'm posting on tweeter how happy I am to be part of their wedding. :)

haha yes!

I could have gotten you one bbrain. Some stores had them for quite a while before they sold out on listing day.

that would have been perfect.. grrr

let me know if you find one though!! =)

awesome!

I had no idea. Old timer here. It never crossed my mind such a service. I've already signed up. Thanks, Thessair.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Best...tip...ever!