Hi-Metal R

joppewo

If I pay for my 2 Monsters at NY now it will be $518 shipped.

and then you will probably get a invoice from N-Y when it releases, that they need more money for shipping due to incorrect estimate weight of items. :D and the increased pricing of EMS.

Its when you have a problem you'll never get support. Also they take about 1-3 days to ship which is annoying. Personally I don't see myself ever buying from them again.

I'm with you on this. I just don't trust anyone who would change the price of a completed transaction.

I'm sure NY didn't know that the VF-1S Strike Roy was going to be packaged in a box within a box within a box.

Yeah, as much as I'm NOT a fan of N-Y I don't blame them at all for how Bandai opted to pack the Roy VF-1S Strike.

Also, I checked a few of my open orders and it appears I went crazy ordering the cannon fodder VF-1A, so much so that I probably need to cancel the order I placed with HLJ (original window, not the one that was opened the last day or two).

I do however need a pre-order for Hikaru's VF-1J, and Max's 1J.

It sure does suck being a valk-a-holic.

-b.

What are those other toys at the bottom of the page.

It's TomyTec's 1/144 Pre-painted Kits. From what I understand you need two individual kits (Fighter & Battroid), to convert one into Gerwalk mode. So if you need to display it in all modes you need to get 2 Fighter and 2 Battroid kits. ;)

It's TomyTec's 1/144 Pre-painted Kits. From what I understand you need two individual kits (Fighter & Battroid), to convert one into Gerwalk mode. So if you need to display it in all modes you need to get 2 Fighter and 2 Battroid kits. ;)

Eff that.

Its when you have a problem you'll never get support. Also they take about 1-3 days to ship which is annoying. Personally I don't see myself ever buying from them again.

I liked buying toys from them until they sent me a defective unit. Then the cat claws came out. After service is terrible.

A basic hmr vf-1 is more expensive than a gimix all mode set by abt 400yen sale price.

It's not a direct comparison as one is a toy and another is a kit.

I feel the gimix has a more realistic prepainted look for display whereas hmr's are more playable.

If u are a fighter or battroid mode only collector, and don't mind fitting the parts, the gimix's are definitely 1/3 cheaper.

I m interested in posing the gimix vf-1 battroid against the hmr regult, as it looks like it would scale quite nicely together..

Edited by seti88

One is a painted model kit that you simply have to stick together out of the box, the other is a toy of questionable build quality.

I don't think you're gonna find someone who will paint and detail a model kit for you for $30, so I see it as a decent value.

I picked up just the fighter mode kits along with the LED lighting units for the engines. Should make for a nice display piece.

I actually bit the bullet on those kits and bought two of the full sets of the 1a so I could do the display. Of coarse right after that bandai decided to do the preorder for hmr 1a. After doing the math I probably should have skipped the second tomytech set. I still wanna see the vf31A full set for tomytech. Although an hmr version would probably be great with less anime magic in the new series it could look spot on even with the transformation.